Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Offseason: Who stays who goes, whose traded who knows?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: 2013 Offseason: Who stays who goes, whose traded who knows? Reply with quote

Thought I’d open up a discussion on the topic of the players on our current roster. This defense is on record pace and not in a good way. It is littered with high priced veterans that simply have not lived up to expectations and their paychecks. We have a new defensive coordinator that will absolutely be looking to upgrade this unit with players who better fit in with what he wants to do defensively because if he can’t get this thing turned around next season then it will be his butt on the chopping block.

I think we all know and are aware of what’s coming this offseason. This team is strapped against the cap as of now; we just signed Brees to a massive contract while looking at an offseason where we have to not only lock up our left tackle but our super star tight end as well. Oh yeah, not to mention rebuild a formable defense to boot.

Oh yes, there will be blood!

Cuts, releases, trades… Get ready for it Saints fans because we all might be looking for some new jersey’s to wear on Sunday’s next season. This post is to talk and give opinions on who we all feel are the players we ultimately won’t be rooting for next season.

Give it your best shot, Here’s mine…

Released:
Jonathan Vilma – Great player during his time here but that time must end with new leader (Lofton) onboard.

Will Smith – Time has caught up with this once physical presence. He’s a shell of his former self.

Brodrick Bunkley – Was the best of a bad situation in FA, Saints have to be regretting his signing.

Scott Shanle – Nothing need be said!

Will Herring – Basically been stealing Tom Benson’s money since the day he arrived.

Not Retained:
Sedrick Ellis – Every year in the league he gets worse and worse.

Turk McBride – I even forgot this dude was on the team!

Forced to Restructure:
Roman Harper – Good player, great leader… will need to restructure contract to stay and except new role on defense.

Jahri Evans – Gave wrong Guard big contract, will need to restructure once again to stay!

Zach Strief – Quality backup but nothing more, given starter money but now time to give it back.

Garrett Hartley – Too much money for such an inconsistent injury prone kicker.

Traded Away:
Charles Brown – Bust, Maybe a fresh start will do him well.

Chris Ivory – Dude needs a chance, won’t get it here!

What say you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bunkley and Hicks need to be our starting DTs next season. Or Bunkley and Jordan, with Hicks rotating in on passing downs. No reason to give up on Bunkley yet, he's looked fine overall.

Will Herring is fine depth at SLB, it's not like we'll be asking him to start. After him, what depth do we have at the SLB position?

WLB: Chamberlain, Casillas
MLB: Lofton
SLB: Hawthorne, Herring

Get rid of Herring and you've made our depth even weaker.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
Bunkley and Hicks need to be our starting DTs next season. Or Bunkley and Jordan, with Hicks rotating in on passing downs. No reason to give up on Bunkley yet, he's looked fine overall.

Will Herring is fine depth at SLB, it's not like we'll be asking him to start. After him, what depth do we have at the SLB position?

WLB: Chamberlain, Casillas
MLB: Lofton
SLB: Hawthorne, Herring

Get rid of Herring and you've made our depth even weaker.

There's always the draft and free agency. The one game Herring started the man had zero tackles, ZERO tackles for a starting SLB in an NFL game. Good depth is suppose to give you good effort if he's ever called on. Herring has shown nothing but to be worthless to this team. Maybe i'm wrong but I've watched the guy play and it's painfully obvious to me that this team can do much much better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: