Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brandon Marshall, Earl Bennett fined for orange cleats
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Brandon Marshall, Earl Bennett fined for orange cleats Reply with quote

Quote:
Week 7 NFL Fines: #Bears WR Brandon Marshall was fined for wearing orange cleats during the #Lions game on MNF.

http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/261889912431841280

Quote:
Week 7 NFL Fines: #Bears WR Earl Bennett was fined for $10,500 for wearing orange cleats during the #Lions game on MNF.

http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/261890190287699968
Tom Brady Tribute
Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No surprise…typical FO over reaction to something that really doesn’t matter.
Badger75

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What trivial nonsense. Jersey's not tucked in, socks drooping, wrong color cleats. Really? Shocked
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rules are pretty clear. It's their own fault for breaking the rules.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
The rules are pretty clear. It's their own fault for breaking the rules.

Agreed. Still a dumb rule. I get that they want uniformity and what not, but it makes no sense why players can't wear cleats in one of the team's uniform colors.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
dabears32

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/8555276/chicago-bears-brandon-marshall-fined-wearing-orange-cleats

Looks like it was Marshall's idea for them both to wear the orange cleats.

Really love the way Marshall is taking to his teammates this year. A great teammate by all accounts and really a better person as a result of the trade.

Good to see things like that in sports.
CBears019

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dabears32 wrote:
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/8555276/chicago-bears-brandon-marshall-fined-wearing-orange-cleats

Looks like it was Marshall's idea for them both to wear the orange cleats.

Really love the way Marshall is taking to his teammates this year. A great teammate by all accounts and really a better person as a result of the trade.

Good to see things like that in sports.

Yeah it really seams as though he has turned a corner in his career and his life. He is becoming a great teammate and mentor in his time here. Hopefully others will learn from him.

FG: 25/28 XP: 41/42 LNG: 58 Yards

IronMike84

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares.
coors

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why does Earl Bennett keep wearing the wrong shoes? IIRC he did this same thing 2 times last year? I'll laugh when he's out of the league at some point, and ends up going broke. I'm sure the $10k plus all the fine money from last year, bet he will really be mad that he could have an extra $10-20k if he just wore the right shoes! some people just don't seem to get it. I'm a fan of Bennett, loved watching him play at Vandy, and hoped that the Falcons could have brought him in, staying close to his roots which are really close in Alabama. His decisions make me scratch my head..

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coors wrote:
why does Earl Bennett keep wearing the wrong shoes? IIRC he did this same thing 2 times last year? I'll laugh when he's out of the league at some point, and ends up going broke. I'm sure the $10k plus all the fine money from last year, bet he will really be mad that he could have an extra $10-20k if he just wore the right shoes! some people just don't seem to get it. I'm a fan of Bennett, loved watching him play at Vandy, and hoped that the Falcons could have brought him in, staying close to his roots which are really close in Alabama. His decisions make me scratch my head..
He was PAID to do it last year, and Marshall suggested it this year. Not really anything resembling a big deal at all, and for some reason, I doubt a Vandy grad is going to have much difficulty finding a job after football is over.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
bearsaddict

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coors wrote:
Uh, yeah Earl went to Vandy. He's not your protoypical NFL numbskull who will mishandle all of his NFL earnings. He won't be broke anytime soon.
CBears019

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
coors wrote:
Uh, yeah Earl went to Vandy. He's not your protoypical NFL numbskull who will mishandle all of his NFL earnings. He won't be broke anytime soon.

Not to mention he got an $18M contract last season and will surely get another multi-million dollar deal after this one expires. He'll be okay.

FG: 25/28 XP: 41/42 LNG: 58 Yards

ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
coors wrote:
He was PAID to do it last year, and Marshall suggested it this year. Not really anything resembling a big deal at all, and for some reason, I doubt a Vandy grad is going to have much difficulty finding a job after football is over.
Is he a "grad" or just an "alumus".
What is the point of wearing these cleats?
Is he getting paid more by the cleat company than he is being fined?
I don't get it.
Yeah, I know nothing new.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
coors wrote:

Not to mention he got an $18M contract last season and will surely get another multi-million dollar deal after this one expires. He'll be okay.
If he doesn't step it up there won't be any more from the Bears.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were several Jaguar players on TNF this week with teal cleats. If they don't also get fined then Marshall and Bennett will have a legitimate beef in an appeal. My understanding is that the uniform code is for black or white cleats only. That a player can't wear team color cleats is fumbfounding to me but that's really a separate argument. If the rules stipulate that the Bears players can't wear orange then they have to also stipulate that Jaguar players can't wear teal. Period. End of discussion.

Side bar: How dumb is it that these are actual discussions we are driven to have? /smh

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: