Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If you were Rick...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Freakout

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st DT Sheldon Richardson - He would be our Henry Melton and replacement for an aging Kevin Williams.

2nd I would be looking hard at a WR here but depending on who is available I would take another Safety like Oklahoma's Tony Jefferson if the WR I am high on isn't available. Jefferson is my favorite Safety to pair up with Harrison.

3rd Again WR is still priority on my board but if no one Rick likes is available I feel this would be a good time to grab an athletic OLB with sideline to sideline speed. Hopefully get a guy to replace Jasper in our nickle packages like Arthur Brown, Jonathan Brown, types.

This team needs WR help bad but you cannot lose sight that we would be in year 2 of a rebuild. That and it is too soon to know which underclassmen declare which can change the entire look of a draft. Plus Detroit's 4th rounder gives us ammunition to trade up.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st: Chance Warmack, OG Alabama
Big strong guy, moves Charlie Johnson to a back-up role and gives the Vikings four positions (assuming Loadholt resigned) that are locked down for a while.

2nd: Terrance Williams, WR Baylor
Big WR, can make the Michael Jenkins like catches while being a deep threat. Has put up numbers without RGIII so wasn't just made by him.

3rd: Kevin Reddick, ILB, UNC
Faster ILB, has had a bit of a down year, but he'd be better in pass protection for the Vikings.

Sloppy28

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:

Scenario #2 (Hunter/Allen not available - Pick #19) -- Trades Available

#19 (875) down to #27 (690) + #91 (136)

#27 -- Cordarrelle Patterson (WR)
#49 -- Kenny Vaccaro (S)

Trade #81 (185) + #91 (136) = (321) for #60 (300)

#60 -- Sheldon Richardson (DT)

Would love this. Patterson is one of my favorite prospects at WR right now and Vaccaro is one of my favorite at S. He would be a perfect fit next to Harrison.

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:
1st: Chance Warmack, OG Alabama
Big strong guy, moves Charlie Johnson to a back-up role and gives the Vikings four positions (assuming Loadholt resigned) that are locked down for a while.

2nd: Terrance Williams, WR Baylor
Big WR, can make the Michael Jenkins like catches while being a deep threat. Has put up numbers without RGIII so wasn't just made by him.

3rd: Kevin Reddick, ILB, UNC
Faster ILB, has had a bit of a down year, but he'd be better in pass protection for the Vikings.

that's a very sensible drafting rationale.

at this point in the players' rankings we might have to deal our extra 4th to move up for Williams, but hey, Spielman likes to move around with that 2nd pick. sometimes with the 1st (Kalil, Cook.)

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
perrynoid

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
Yuck, nit one of you has them taking a guard in the top 3 rounds.....

I'd give strong consideration to a guard if one fell to us in the 1st or 2nd. What many people don't seem to realize is that since LT is so over-valued, that the best guard is often available when 3-4 LT's are already off the board. Also, a better guard gives your receivers more time to get open, and your QB more time to go through his progressions. You win the game on the LOS methinks.
AQuintus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Alec Ogletree MLB
2. Da'Rick Rogers WR
3. Nickell Robey CB
4a. Marcus Davis WR
4b. Shamarko Thomas SS

5&6- DT/NT, DE, or OG

Henry Melton in Free Agency.
thestonedkoala

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I was Rick Spielman;

Fire Leslie Frazier, fire Bill Musgrave, fire Alan Williams and start over. Bring in Chip Kelly from Oregon to utilize the speed on the offense (Simpson, Harvin, Peterson, Wright). Let Kevin Williams and Erin Henderson walk. Bring in Kyle Williams from Buffalo (I think he's a free agent), Joshua Cribbs from Cleveland, Kenny Phillips from New York.

Draft Manti Te'o with the 11th/12th pick (Minnesota finishes the season 7-9), Da'Rick Rogers in the 2nd.
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fire Musgrave for sure. Why, when your team cannot pass, and you have Peterson, do you pass on third and two? Every game.

Actually use free agency to improve the team, you know, sign legit starters.

Draft wide receiver, offensive guard, and line backer in the first three rounds. I would, again, consider trading Allen or Robison, as this team is still multiple players away.
JDBrocks

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AQuintus wrote:
1. Alec Ogletree MLB
2. Da'Rick Rogers WR
3. Nickell Robey CB
4a. Marcus Davis WR
4b. Shamarko Thomas SS

5&6- DT/NT, DE, or OG

Henry Melton in Free Agency.

Do you really want to spend your first two picks on guys with HUGE character questions?

Josh Ritter wrote:
I became a thin blue wire, that held the world above the fire
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thestonedkoala wrote:
If I was Rick Spielman;

Fire Leslie Frazier, fire Bill Musgrave, fire Alan Williams and start over. Bring in Chip Kelly from Oregon to utilize the speed on the offense (Simpson, Harvin, Peterson, Wright). Let Kevin Williams and Erin Henderson walk. Bring in Kyle Williams from Buffalo (I think he's a free agent), Joshua Cribbs from Cleveland, Kenny Phillips from New York.

Draft Manti Te'o with the 11th/12th pick (Minnesota finishes the season 7-9), Da'Rick Rogers in the 2nd.

About 90% of those ideas are the worst I've ever read. The only ones that make any logical sense are letting Williams and Henderson walk and drafting Te'o and Rogers. The rest are atrocious ideas.

First, firing the entire coaching staff and bringing in a college coach with no pro experience is the worst idea, by far. Kelly is a college coach, that's what he is. The only worse choices for a NFL coach would be bringing back Bobby Petrino and Steve Spurrier. Kelly doesn't run a pro-style offense at Oregon, so why would you expect his offense to be a success at the NFL level?

Second, Kyle Williams is not a free agent. He signed a 6-year extension with Buffalo last season.

Third, Joshua Cribbs is strictly a returner, he's never proven to be a quality receiver. Why bring him in?

Finally, Kenny Phillips gets injured more often than the number of times fainting goats fall down in an hour. That would be a terrible move.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
[UMN]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2013: Unless Ponder completely implodes he will be the starter next year. It is imperative to give him the best possible chance to succeed, so we need a G (or two) and a WR (or three) more than anything. Even if he still canít get it done we are still setting things up for the next QB to be in a good position. Also need to add some defensive depth, but the offense needs to get fixed before the defense gets overhauled.

2014: If Ponder still sucks, trade up for a QB. If not, load up on defense. By this point the offense should be ready to go with a solid OL, a couple nice WRís, and AP will still be in his prime. A new coach may also be in the mix if Leslie doesnít put up a winning record in 2013.
milanb

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:
2013: Unless Ponder completely implodes he will be the starter next year.

If Ponder keeps playing the way he's been playing the past five games, I don't think he's going to last till the end of this year as starter.

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. ó Ecclesiastes 9:11

But thatís the way to bet. ó Jimmy The Greek
yupyup

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric dunn wrote:
Id go:

1. WR -Justin Hunter - I think he will slip a bit as his production just isnt all that great after tearing his knee up and he is still somewhat raw. But id love to have him on this team, ELITE talent.

2. S - Kenny Vaccaro - Under-rated player who is looking really good this year. And alot like our new guy Harrison Smith, he is always around the ball and is a good run defender.

3. DT - Sharrif Floyd - Terrific skill set, and more of a pass rusher at the DT position.

This would be a very successful first 3 rounds imo. Like you said, Hunter is a special talent, Vaccaro is a good player, and Floyd has monster potential as well.

Aaron Rodgers becomes a top 10 QB again [X]
USC looks like a top 15 team []
Todd Gurley becomes a household name []
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

milanb wrote:
[UMN] wrote:
2013: Unless Ponder completely implodes he will be the starter next year.

If Ponder keeps playing the way he's been playing the past five games, I don't think he's going to last till the end of this year as starter.

When we have receivers getting open and Ponder shows an innability to get them the ball then I'll be all over a change at QB. Right now imo Ponder is only a small part of the problem.
lja99

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:
2013: Unless Ponder completely implodes he will be the starter next year. It is imperative to give him the best possible chance to succeed, so we need a G (or two) and a WR (or three) more than anything. Even if he still canít get it done we are still setting things up for the next QB to be in a good position. Also need to add some defensive depth, but the offense needs to get fixed before the defense gets overhauled.

2014: If Ponder still sucks, trade up for a QB. If not, load up on defense. By this point the offense should be ready to go with a solid OL, a couple nice WRís, and AP will still be in his prime. A new coach may also be in the mix if Leslie doesnít put up a winning record in 2013.

Couldn't agree more with this analysis...Ponder, and unfortunatley Musgrave as well, will not be given up on after two seasons, especially when he has shown the glimpses that he has...get him a couple more weapons and see what he does.

If he doesn't pan out, Teddy Bridgewater is my guy in 2014.

props to Daboyle on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 2 of 18

Jump to: