Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Team Need Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raidin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
Raiders
If people are going put us in the top 10 it will be bcause Palmer didn't perform well enough, if that is the case then we will go after a new QB.

Otherwise:
DT
DE

Outside of that a lot will depend on how the young WRs and CBs perform this year.

Turns out I was wrong, theres a first. Obviously still not sure where we will be drafting but at this stage QB isn't a need barring a gigantic implosion by Palmer. I didn't predict our two starting cornerbacks would be injured so soon into the season and that added together with a huge lack of game-chaning talent on our defense has us struggling. I'd rank our needs as follows

1. DE
2. CB
3. DT
4. RT
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't seen a Cowboys updated list so here ya go:

***Note - If Anthony Spencer leaves via FA, switch numbers 2 and 3***

1. OG/C
2. NT
3. OLB
4. DE
5. S
6. QB

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some good ideas for when making your eagles picks:

1. QB?- This is still up in the air because we will need to see Nick Foles actually play in the regular season to give him an accurate assessment. But he did do great in pre season. Vick is a goner.

2. OT- Peters is coming off a serious injury and our OL play has been dreadful at best. A first round OT gives us some flexibility. If Peters comes back the new OT can play RT and Herremans can take Danny "the bust" Watkins out of the lineup.

3. Safety- Kurt Coleman might be the worst starting safety in the nfl. Need a new FS, Nate Allen has been ok at SS.

4. Wide Receiver- Jeremy Maclin will be entering the final year of his contract and he is no where good enough to re-sign. Need to get someone to be his replacement and play slot for his first year.

5. Center- We clearly lack depth here, Kelce is ok as a starter but he can be upgraded and regardless we need someone that isn't terrible behind him.

Those are the 5 main ones.

Corner, Will backer, OG, Dline could also be considered on a case by case basis.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
mike23md

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I edited the Redskins on the first page but if people are looking for the most current pages, then I will update it here:

Current Needs:

S - Meriweather cant get on the field, Jackson wont get on the field, Doughty is not a starter and Gomes is just a back up with no starting potential. Big need. Williams is a good stop gap, but not really a quality starter. Need both FS and SS. Not sure on Jordan Bernstine as he was showing some promise, but injures his ACL and is done for the year.

CB - Hall and Wilson are about it, and that is not much to go on. Cedric Griffin has lost a step and looks to be done. Crawford is really raw and needs a few years to be valuable. Minnifield may help out but is on the IR and wont see anything of him till after the season. There is also no guarantee that Hall is going to be here next year. Inflated salary and ego but deflated game.

RT - This is just about a tie with CB except that we continue to hold on to Jamaal Brown who just cant seem to get healthy. We have to move on to someone that is going to be on the field and not on the surgical table. It has to be someone that is a ZBS blocker. Size with some athleticism.

MLB - I wouldnt think it but Fletcher is starting to show his age. He is still a freak of nature and gets to the ball quickly, but he is racking up a lot of missed tackles and we need a true ILB that is going to take over for him and be the leader of the defense. Keenan Robinson can only see time on special teams and is undersized to actually play the MLB.

RB - Even though Morris has emerged as a great find, Helu is on the IR and Royster is playing banged up. It would be nice in the later rounds to find someone that is going to be a 3rd down back if Helu is not quite healthy to return. This would be a need/luxury pick, but knowing Shanahan he always drafts RB's.

2015 REDSKINS DRAFT HOPEFUL
2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
cattleman78

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browns
Big needs not in any order
corner back
def. end
free safety Don't see anyone worth a top 20 pick
o.l.b. If there Jarvis Jones most likely our pick.
Depending where we pick Manti Te'o could be our pick

Later rounds
tight end
guard
punter
back up o.t.
w.r.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
Nobody

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
Jacksonville Jaguars
1. Defensive End
2. Cornerback
3. Wide Receiver (Need true #1)
4. Offensive Tackle
5. Center
6. Outside Linebacker (2)
7. Guard
8. Safety
QB doesn't even make the list?
Also, do you not see Blackmon as your future #1? I know he's struggled.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
Jacksonville Jaguars
1. Defensive End
2. Cornerback
3. Wide Receiver (Need true #1)
4. Offensive Tackle
5. Center
6. Outside Linebacker (2)
7. Guard
8. Safety
QB doesn't even make the list?
Also, do you not see Blackmon as your future #1? I know he's struggled.

Gabbert that has played without a Maurice Jones Drew, actually is the reason we shouldn't look for a new Quarterback in thsi draft (draft a mid round guy to replace Henne).

No, Blackmon, at best, will be best served where he is, and that is in the slot. We need someone to be the go-to guy while offering help to take the top off a defense.

#JDI
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
jb_gobills wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
Did I get most of these right?
Team Needs:
AFC East:
Buffalo WR, RT, TE, OLB, CB, NT

Buffalo's #1 need is quarterback. They do not need a nose tackle, they are going with the 4-3 and have Kyle Williams and Marcell Dareus set as the defensive tackle starters. I would rank Buffalo's needs as:

1. QB
2. WR
3. SLB
4. OT
5. CB
6. DE
I would rank them like this...

1. SLB
2. WR
3. CB
4. QB
5. FS
6. MLB

My ranking looks like this:

1. MLB - If Wannstedt stays on as DC, we'll need the speed + coverage skills that Shepperd doesn't have
2. WLB - Barnett is showing his age and should retire
3. QB - Unless we grab Smith, Wilson, or even Manuel (a project) in the 1st or 2nd rounds, we can wait another year and should
4. SLB - Unless things start clicking for Bradham, there's a need here
5. Hybrid SS/FS...aka ballhawking SS - Wilson is screwing up too often allowing deep passes
6. CB - Gilmore is good, Brooks should be back next year and hopefully will be good/decent, but we need an upgrade/competition for Williams and McKelvin
7. RE - Anderson struggles to stop the run and Kelsay is ready to retire
8. WR - Too many players might be elsewhere next year...we need quality depth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dallas Cowboys

• Strong Side Outside Linebacker - High Priority
    Anthony Spencer was franchised, but if he's still looking for top 5 OLB money, he'll find it in FA and Dallas will have to replace him. Victor Butler and Co just hasn't shown to have what it takes to be a starter and will likely remain situational pass rushers. We need a guy who is strong at the POA, can shed blockers, seal the edge, drop into coverage with smooth hips (man vs. TE, man vs. RB, zone vs WR, etc) and have the skill set to get pressure on the QB consistently.

• Offensve Guard - Medium Priority
    Nate Livings has looked below average while MacKenzie Bernadeau has looked terrible. The Cowboys won't use a first round pick here, but the could use 2 of their next 4 on interior OL, starting in the 2nd. Jerry's history pretty much ensures we won't use a first on a Guard.

• Offensive Center - Medium Priority
    Phil Costa has been injured but looked below average when healthy while Ryan Cook has been hit or miss. They could certainly use an upgrade here and I could see a mid-to-late round pick being brought in for competition.

• Wide Receiver - Medium Priority
    If Dez Bryant can't figure out how to learn a playbook and run routes properly, he could find himself hitting FA after the 2013 season. Even then, the Cowboys have a big need at #3 with Ogletree being a waste of time and the scrubs we have as depth could certainly be upgraded.

• Defensive Lineman - Low Priority
    Ratliff is getting older, but is still playing at a high level. Hatcher and Lissemore look to be starters, but we're always looking to add youth to the trenches and have had success in the later rounds (Ratliff, Lissemore). Probably will be losing Spears and Coleman after this season.

• Cornerback - Low Priority
    With Carr, Claiborne and Scandrick locked up long term, the Cowboys have their starters in play. However with Jenkins leaving in FA, they have no depth at all. Look for a great ST guy who has strong return skills that can add depth here.

• Safety - Low Priority
    Sensabaugh and Church both just got long-term contracts and look to be here for a while. However we show a few 3-safety sets and need depth for injuries. McCray and Co are decent enough, but if someone fell, we could look that direction.

Sig courtesy of mack.

Last edited by MaddHatter on Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
raaka

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
Did I get most of these right?
Team Needs:
Oakland RT, TE, CB(2), DT(2)

Major Needs

Cornerback - Huff needs to go back to safety, and who are we kidding, none of our other corners should be starters in this league. Milliner has to be #1 on our big board.

Defensive Tackle - Seymour is aging, Kelly has done alright, but with our horrendous run defense this is an obvious need.

Offensive Line - The problem doesn't just lie with the RT, our guards have been flat out awful as well. Depending on where we end up drafting it may not be worth the 1st rounder, but definitely needs to be addressed in either the draft or FA. The only returning starting lineman should be Wiz and Veldheer.

Inside Linebacker - Some people may not agree with this, but I think most will agree McClain has not lived up to the standards of a high pick. I think if we have the opportunity to draft Jones or Te'o, it should be seriously considered.

Minor Needs

Running Back - I'm simply not a believer in Darren "Glass Foot" McFadden anymore and I don't think either of the backups has all the tools to be the feature back. I think we could look for a running back in later rounds.

Safety - If Huff has to stay at corner, this becomes a need.

Defensive End - Our starters have been serviceable, but we can improve.

What we don't need

Quarterback - Check the hate, Carson Palmer has played extremely well considering no running game and our bad blocking. Sure he puts the ball into bad spots sometimes, but he's got the entire game on his shoulders most of the time. True, he doesn't have much left in the tank and we need to look towards the future. But I still wonder if Pryor is an option? Looked good in preseason action. In the end I'd prefer if waited until next year. None of the QB's coming out this year are a can't miss prospect in my opinion.

Outside Linebacker - Our rookies are playing great. Possibly add a solid veteran to the mix in FA, but I wouldn't draft one here.

Kicker/Punter - Our kickers rock, probably because they're on the field most of the game.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carolina Panthers

1st NT
2nd CB
4th WR
5th OT
6th CB (double dipped here)
7th OG

2011 OROY Winner - Cam Newton
2012 DROY Winner - Luke Kuechly
2013 DPOY Winner - Luke Kuechly
2014 OROY Watch - Kelvin Benjamin
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BringinDaPain wrote:
Carolina Panthers

1st NT
2nd CB
4th WR
5th OT
6th CB (double dipped here)
7th OG

You left off the biggest immediate need: Free Safety.
GoneWithTheWind

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikings Needs as of right now.

Tier 1
1. WR- This is the clear #1 need right now, Besides Percy we have the worst recieving corp in the league
2. OG- Charlie Johnson.
3. ILB-Jasper Brinkley simply lacks the overall athletisicim and coverage skills to be a good Cover 2 MLB

Tier 2
1. DT- Kevin Williams is still a very good DT but he is getting older and Letroy Guion hasn't exactly set the world on fire. An upgrade could definetly be made.
2. OLB- Chad Greenway is a little overrated on this site. Good Run Stopper who struggles in coverage. Erin Henderson has been pretty bad this year and should be replaced.

Tier 3
1. DE- Overall the Vikings are in pretty good shape but could still use a late round guy to step in a make a better rotation to help keep JA, and Brian Robison fresh late in games.
2. OT- Same story as DE but not as big a need since backups normally don't play but the backups are marginal and could be improved. Not a major concern though.

Shoutout to JTagg7754 on the sig!

Bring Melvin Gordon to Minnesota.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the Lions

SS
CB
DE
C
RG
LB
Speedy RB
DE again
CB again
RT

a lot of this depends on our FA's.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.) DT - Need someone to pair with Jurrell Casey.
2.) Safeties(Both) - Both safeties suck.
3.) DE Depth - The starters are getting better each week despite horrible depth behind them.
5.) RG - Harris and Lutui are FA's and not sure if they'll be brough back.
6.) CB - Need a nickel CB
7.) LB Depth - Colin McCarthy has missed 4 games this year and the depth behind all the LB's are bad.
8.) LG - Hutchinson will need replacing
9.) RB - Need a backup for CJ

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: