Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Reviewing draft after 4 weeks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Margus hunt is his name, hes from Estonia. He's huge, fast, and string. I know it doesn't mean everything though. But here's a glimpse.

Over 6'7" 280 pounds. Under 4.7 40 projected. Benches 225 over 35 times.
Don't know too much about him yet. Other than he's a freak

new sig... sorry alex
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverythingSF wrote:
Harrison Smith would have been a pretty good addition here Cool

Why? So he could push officials around and get ejected Wink .

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
EverythingSF wrote:
Harrison Smith would have been a pretty good addition here Cool

Why? So he could push officials around and get ejected Wink .

That referee tried to tackle him, I'd of pushed him too Razz

^Thanks to NS922

EverythingSF wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:

Alex's Mom?

Alex's High School Backup? Wink
LANiner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we all remember the last guy that came from estonia

LANiner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy was an ANIMAL

49ers Finest

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LANiner wrote:
we all remember the last guy that came from estonia

I don't? Help me out here haha

new sig... sorry alex
yayareaninerfan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
Margus hunt is his name, hes from Estonia. He's huge, fast, and string. I know it doesn't mean everything though. But here's a glimpse.

I go to SMU and have watched a lot of Margus.Yes he is an absolute freak athletically. This spring he clocked a 4.6 and 36" vertical along with the numbers mentioned above. I have a bunch of friends on the team and they say he just man handles our tackles who are both over 300 pounds. He tends to disappear against better teams (look at the Baylor game this year) but that maybe more of a product of June Jones and his retarded schemes. I think he relies too much on raw athleticism but if we can get him at the end of the second round that would be a great value. Sit him behind the guys we already have and put him on FG block (he has 17 blocks for his career). The thing you have to remember is that he came to SMU for track and field and had never played football before. His first year in the pros will be his 5th year EVER. So he will have a lot of learning to do but there isn't a ton of wear and tear on his body. He is a big boom or bust type of guy. SMU's defense is very very underrated, especially the linebackers, so keep an eye on guys like Taylor Reed, Ja'gared Davis and Stephon Sanders.

Somebody mentioned Stephon Tuitt. My roommate is a huge Notre Dame fan and showed me this guy when he was coming out of high school. He is just dominant. Barring a disaster we wont have a shot at him because he will be top 5 or top 10 at the very least. A guy to keep an eye on is Aaron Lynch. Came in with Tuitt and was just an animal freshman year but didn't like Notre Dame and transferred to USF. He is currently sitting out this year. The kid is an athletic freak like Tuitt but much more of a head case. If he can get his ish together then he would be a great pickup.

Kenny Powers wrote:
Patrick Willis; runs like a cheetah, hits like a super pissed rhino
big9erfan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yayareaninerfan wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:

I go to SMU and have watched a lot of Margus.Yes he is an absolute freak athletically. This spring he clocked a 4.6 and 36" vertical along with the numbers mentioned above. I have a bunch of friends on the team and they say he just man handles our tackles who are both over 300 pounds. He tends to disappear against better teams (look at the Baylor game this year) but that maybe more of a product of June Jones and his retarded schemes. I think he relies too much on raw athleticism but if we can get him at the end of the second round that would be a great value. Sit him behind the guys we already have and put him on FG block (he has 17 blocks for his career). The thing you have to remember is that he came to SMU for track and field and had never played football before. His first year in the pros will be his 5th year EVER. So he will have a lot of learning to do but there isn't a ton of wear and tear on his body. He is a big boom or bust type of guy. SMU's defense is very very underrated, especially the linebackers, so keep an eye on guys like Taylor Reed, Ja'gared Davis and Stephon Sanders.

Somebody mentioned Stephon Tuitt. My roommate is a huge Notre Dame fan and showed me this guy when he was coming out of high school. He is just dominant. Barring a disaster we wont have a shot at him because he will be top 5 or top 10 at the very least. A guy to keep an eye on is Aaron Lynch. Came in with Tuitt and was just an animal freshman year but didn't like Notre Dame and transferred to USF. He is currently sitting out this year. The kid is an athletic freak like Tuitt but much more of a head case. If he can get his ish together then he would be a great pickup.

Sounds promising. Always hard to judge a guy who has only played a few years compared to guys who started going to football camp when they were 10. Our scouting department seems to be really good at getting inside of guys heads to see if they've got the drive it takes to reach their potential.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbrown wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
sbrown wrote:
I don't agree with your sig. Am I the only one here who like delaine?

Possibly. I'm not a fan of him at all, he's been a liability when he's on the field. He'll have a good play or two, but then he'll have a few boneheaded one.

Yeh I know you dont like him. I think he adds a good dynamic to our O. But i do believe he lost confidence and concentration with catching the ball.

His catching has sucked, but he is a huge asset to our running game for sure.

BlaqOptic wrote:
Dan Connor is twice the LineBacker that "PWilly" will ever be.
NinerNation21

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about Garrett Celek breaking it to the TE rotation. I really like this guy. If he can be atleast half of what his brother is, we got ourselves a real dangerous 1,2 punch with Vernon. I've always been a fan of Delanie but man what is going on with him this year? He cant get out of his own way sometimes. I see Celek taking his PT and running with it. I love is size (6'5 255) and hes pretty athletic too. Im excited to see him progress and grow.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw this article posted on ESPN.com about A.J. Jenkins.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/10/23/a-j-jenkins-its-a-humbling-experience/

Good read on his current role. He seems like a really good guy. More of a Calvin Johnson/ Larry Fitzgerald type personality rather than the "typical" diva WR personality. I really like it that hes spending a lot of his time in the weight room and picking the brains of all the WR's on the team plus we all know hes got Jerry Rice on his side too. I think once he bulks up to around 200+ and gets the offense down. He's going to be a dangerous weapon for the niners.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:

Good read on his current role. He seems like a really good guy. More of a Calvin Johnson/ Larry Fitzgerald type personality rather than the "typical" diva WR personality. I really like it that hes spending a lot of his time in the weight room and picking the brains of all the WR's on the team plus we all know hes got Jerry Rice on his side too. I think once he bulks up to around 200+ and gets the offense down. He's going to be a dangerous weapon for the niners.

He never seemed physically ready, from a body type standpoint, so his not playing seems like a blessing in disguise. To me, he has always seemed as talented as any receiver in his draft. He just looks like a natural, out there. Let him grow into his body and learn. I think he will be a great receiver.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:

He never seemed physically ready, from a body type standpoint, so his not playing seems like a blessing in disguise. To me, he has always seemed as talented as any receiver in his draft. He just looks like a natural, out there. Let him grow into his body and learn. I think he will be a great receiver.

I wonder if he ever took Rice's offer to train with him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: