Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Blaine Gabbert has a torn labrum.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jagman777

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've given up on projecting which QBs will be any good because it's pretty much a crapshoot, but I'll be damned if this QB class is starting to impress me less and less.

Geno hasn't completely soured on me but he isn't helping himself lately.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea sadly, i agree with you on this class of QBs, why couldnt it be 2011? Sad

Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Yes, I went to high school with Tony Romo

Did he do good on the homework and quizzes but choke on the tests?
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

We took a QB in 2011.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
iPwn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

We took a QB in 2011.

The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
#JagsOnly
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops Laughing

Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:

sadjag

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

We took a QB in 2011.
The thing is though he's awful

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadjag wrote:
You know I have been thinking about it alot since Sunday. I would rather trade back for a ransom than pick up Barkely or Geno. This team has so many holes what Position does this team NOT need major help at, LT,MLB an safety are the only ones I can think of. It's sad when you really think about it.
The plan should be too accumulate draft picks and take a flyer on a guy like Aaron Murphy or Landry Jones and then let whoever loses out between them an Gabbert be the backup.

There's a reason teams trade so much for that pick, franchise QBs are very hard to come by. I don't necessarily disagree with the idea if you think there's another possible franchise QB to be had in the draft. But Landry Jones doesn't strike me as anything close to one.

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
sadjag wrote:
You know I have been thinking about it alot since Sunday. I would rather trade back for a ransom than pick up Barkely or Geno. This team has so many holes what Position does this team NOT need major help at, LT,MLB an safety are the only ones I can think of. It's sad when you really think about it.
The plan should be too accumulate draft picks and take a flyer on a guy like Aaron Murphy or Landry Jones and then let whoever loses out between them an Gabbert be the backup.

There's a reason teams trade so much for that pick, franchise QBs are very hard to come by. I don't necessarily disagree with the idea if you think there's another possible franchise QB to be had in the draft. But Landry Jones doesn't strike me as anything close to one.

Would rather trade back, then take my chances with another year of Gabbert + a lot of talent on the DL and playmakers (potentially) in this draft...if all else fails, backup plan is Teddy Bridgewater, Brett Smith, Derek Carr, Fales, in 2014.

#JDI
Tugboat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
sadjag wrote:

Would rather trade back, then take my chances with another year of Gabbert + a lot of talent on the DL and playmakers (potentially) in this draft...if all else fails, backup plan is Teddy Bridgewater, Brett Smith, Derek Carr, Fales, in 2014.

Absolutely. That 2014 class at the top looks better than this 2013 class to me.

If we're going to try one more year of Gabbert though, i'd add that i want to see what happens if we work on building an NFL calibre O-Line for him to play behind. And it would be a darn handy thing to have around for a new QB in 2014 as well. Wink

And i still would like to take a gamble on a 3rd round QB type.

Alternatively, heck, if for some reason a team like the Bills for example decided Fitzpatrick isn't the future and cut ties with him, i'd even think about giving him a 1-year trial run as a stop-gap to compete with Gabbert. Plenty of other teams could be in that situation as well. It wouldn't surprise me to see a few choices in the 'mediocre to subpar starter' category on the market. Dumpster diving QB tryouts. Laughing Not a long-term solution, but it could be alright for a year while we get other aspects of our team in order before we get our QB in 2014.
iPwn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every single year, people think the next draft class is better for QBs than the current one at this point in the year. Last year it was "Sure, Luck is great, but if Barkley doesn't declare, this is going to be a weak group and next year will be great with Bray, Wilson and everyone else" the year before, the same thing. This time next year, we'll be talking about how weak that class is and how much better the 2015 class looks.

#JagsOnly
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Every single year, people think the next draft class is better for QBs than the current one at this point in the year. Last year it was "Sure, Luck is great, but if Barkley doesn't declare, this is going to be a weak group and next year will be great with Bray, Wilson and everyone else" the year before, the same thing. This time next year, we'll be talking about how weak that class is and how much better the 2015 class looks.

Not saying next year's is better, but I will take an extra 3 top-3 round picks for another year of Gabbert, to give the next GM a better chance to build the roster...trade out this draft, get an extra 1 and 3 next year and get our new Coach, GM, and QB in 2014.

#JDI
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never wavered on thinking the 2011 class was a strong one. Hmmph.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if there is one thing you can't question about Gabbert, it's his toughness.

TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
Well if there is one thing you can't question about Gabbert, it's his toughness.

shame that doesnt score TDs

Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:

iPwn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
iPwn wrote:

Not saying next year's is better, but I will take an extra 3 top-3 round picks for another year of Gabbert, to give the next GM a better chance to build the roster...trade out this draft, get an extra 1 and 3 next year and get our new Coach, GM, and QB in 2014.
And if we finish with the 5th pick in 2014 and there's only a couple guys viewed as excellent prospects, who both will go in the top 4?

I'm of the opinion that if you don't have a franchise QB and have the chance to get one, you have to draft him because you might not have that opportunity again. You just have to make sure that you're getting the right guy.

#JagsOnly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: