Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trades and cuts now Hurney's gone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UKpantherfan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:13 am    Post subject: Trades and cuts now Hurney's gone Reply with quote

Lots of articles and chatter about players being traded away as part of the 'more changes to come' quote from Ron Rivera.

This is especially interesting given the new extended trade deadline.

What do people think might happen?

Trade for a corner?
Trade for OL depth?
Trade away DWill?
Trade away JStew?
Trade away one of the young WRs?
Just plain cut someone?

My preference would be to get rid of players like Greg Hardy who has never ever lived up to his promise. Armanti also goes straight out of the door too of course. I'd also love us to bring in a more experienced corner but not many options there unless its via trade.

I wonder if any teams are overstocked at the position and could consider a trade for one of our RBs?

Any thoughts on the subject?
johnydtarheel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most trades right now would be for draft picks

Deangelo would be the only one I could see traded if someone would take him.

Edwards will be cut when Gettis gets activated.

Thanks CK
fretgod99

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: Trades and cuts now Hurney's gone Reply with quote

UKpantherfan wrote:
My preference would be to get rid of players like Greg Hardy who has never ever lived up to his promise.
What? Hardy? 6th round pick rotational DE Hardy? How much were you expecting out of the guy? He's got 20 tackles and 2 sacks this season. He's played relatively solidly over the last couple of years (and was kind of the big surprise on defense last year).

He's a solid rotational guy who plays a lot of minutes, both outside and then inside on passing downs. Why on Earth would you want to get rid of him?

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: Trades and cuts now Hurney's gone Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
UKpantherfan wrote:
My preference would be to get rid of players like Greg Hardy who has never ever lived up to his promise.
What? Hardy? 6th round pick rotational DE Hardy? How much were you expecting out of the guy? He's got 20 tackles and 2 sacks this season. He's played relatively solidly over the last couple of years (and was kind of the big surprise on defense last year).

He's a solid rotational guy who plays a lot of minutes, both outside and then inside on passing downs. Why on Earth would you want to get rid of him?
He must be thinking of 3 years before the draft when Hardy was touted as a future top 5 pick.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
UKpantherfan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not so much about what I expect out of the guy but the way the last two off seasons have really gone on about how this would be the year he would make the big breakthrough.

Yes, pre-draft he was viewed quite highly in certain circles but I figured we'd got a rotational player only to keep reading that everyone connected with the organisation seemed to think he would be a break-out player. Never happened.

He's started way too much for my liking and it often feels like we're not willing to even look at DE help (with the exception of Everette Brown) becuase we're content to start a low round draft pick that has rarely played like a starter. I've seen better potential out of Thomas Keiser than Hardy since the middle of last season and know who I'd rather keep.

Just my take though and this thread was intended to be about moves you think might happen.
Moody

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: Trades and cuts now Hurney's gone Reply with quote

Hardy is a good rotational player and I think he's been better than last year. He shouldn't cost too much money, he's versatile and plays special teams pretty well. He's the type of guy I want to keep. I like Frank Alexander as well.

I wouldn't be opposed to drafting a DE in the first though, although it's probably not as big a need as DT.

I don't see any trades happening, I also don't think they'll have much cap room to make many FA signings.
Zithers

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think king charles and the very young/cheap rotation of alexander, hardy, applewhite, and keiser is nice.

in any case, i really doubt rivera starts wheeling and dealing to save his job.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like we might finally get to have that "Clausen is Cut Party" after all.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
Looks like we might finally get to have that "Clausen is Cut Party" after all.

well i was hoping to have an armanti is cut party...hopefully we can combine the two. i'll bring the booze

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: