Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fixing the Offensive Line (Again)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coordinator0

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
On the bolded point, I actually think it's somewhat the opposite. If we're going to select an OL... specifically a RT, I think we'll do it early. Jah Reid has potential, obviously.. so if we're going to go after an OT I'd think we'd go with someone with more potential or is a more surefire bet to succeed... like a Barrett Jones in the 1st. But if we're going for depth at OT on the left side to back Oher, I think we're probably most likely to go the veteran route. Because not many project rookie LTs are going to be able to start on the blindside... it would even be a stretch to start them at RT. So I'd think if we go OT specifically, it'll be higher up for a probowl level starter with maybe taking a flyer on a late round guy later in the draft for depth/practice squad development.

I just don't think they will look for a right tackle with both Osemele and Reid on the team. Oher and Reid can slide over there too (Oher probably won't be doing that much in the future if they don't have someone else they can use at left tackle) and in my opinion it's one of the most set positions on the team. Even if we don't know who's going to be playing there in the future. It's weird how that works but that's how I feel about it at the moment.

With the news about the team wanting to extend Oher all I'm focusing on for the offensive tackle position is the backup left tackle (and trying to figure out who's going to be playing right tackle). A cheap veteran probably makes more sense if they can find anybody worth signing at a low price but I think they take a hard look at developmental prospects too.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently Jah Reid likes it at guard, not that he would say otherwise. I love the typo.

BR.com wrote:
The 6-foot-7, 240-pound Reid was active for all 16 games last season and saw some offensive action during jumbo packages. He said he likes playing inside at guard because youre really mashing up against somebody.

Im more poised in my sets, more confident in myself, coming off the ball, Reid said. [Ive improved] everywhere. All around, I feel like Ive made leaps and bounds. Ive just got to carry that onto the field.

The article also mentions that we could see some shifting of the OL after the break. So there's a chance that we could see the KO-LG/Reid-RT lineup after all.

In another article Harbaugh also mentioned possibly using an OL rotation. That would be interesting.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I've ever seen a team resort to a rotation on the offensive line. Interesting would be one word for it lol.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
I don't think I've ever seen a team resort to a rotation on the offensive line. Interesting would be one word for it lol.

Apparently the Texans OL uses a rotation. I can't say I noticed it, but it does make sense with defensive lines doing so much rotation and trying to stay fresh that offensive lines should try and do the same thing to keep the OL unit fresh.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: