Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What is Denard Robinson's Role in the NFL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
Say it with me: Running. Back.

I'm not sure Robinson can take the physical beating of playing running back in the NFL. With his speed and shiftiness slot receiver would be a much better fit, assuming that he can catch.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
Meco wrote:

I'm not sure Robinson can take the physical beating of playing running back in the NFL. With his speed and shiftiness slot receiver would be a much better fit, assuming that he can catch.

He basically plays runningback now. He's on pace for 3 straight years of 200+ carries. He's special with the ball in his hands, why make him learn how to run routes and go get the ball? Just hand the ball to him and watch him go. Running instincts are really good, his vision and elusiveness are fantastic and he's got a good RB build at 5'11" and 200 pounds. He's going to be 5'11" and 200+ pounds at the combine with low 4.3 speed, similar physically to Spiller, Johnson, Charles, Best, Bush and Shady.

This is a runningback. Big time potential at RB if someone is smart enough to move him there.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
Meco wrote:

He basically plays runningback now. He's on pace for 3 straight years of 200+ carries. He's special with the ball in his hands, why make him learn how to run routes and go get the ball? Just hand the ball to him and watch him go. Running instincts are really good, his vision and elusiveness are fantastic and he's got a good RB build at 5'11" and 200 pounds. He's going to be 5'11" and 200+ pounds at the combine with low 4.3 speed, similar physically to Spiller, Johnson, Charles, Best, Bush and Shady.

This is a runningback. Big time potential at RB if someone is smart enough to move him there.

he doesn't have a traditional running back build. as far as build goes chris johnson would be the closest. denard would be even smaller than johnson.

bush? no way. bush was built like a greekgod. spiller destroys denard with his thick thighs and calfs. denard is thin in his lower extremity, and despite his speed, i don't believe denard has a good hip. i think denard lacks the elite agility. his pros are definitely the quick first step, straight speed and instinctive when he finds the lane.

he will be one of those all purpose player, occasional running back/WR/wild cat, and etc. no doubt he is a football player.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
Meco wrote:

Running the ball as an opition quarterback in college is much different than playing runningback full time in the NFL. I wouldn't trust him taking on blocks from LB's and DE's and I'm not sure if he's durable enough to take hits from NFL defenders consistently and hold up.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he can be Devin Hester like. Hes got the shiftiness and speed and vision.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roachkiller wrote:
I think he can be Devin Hester like. Hes got the shiftiness and speed and vision.

He's not even close to being as elusive as Devin Hester.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a limited version of what Percy Harvin does could be a good fit for him.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best comparison I could come up with is he'll end up being a mixture of Brad Smith and Armanti Edwards.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
roachkiller wrote:

Hes certainly the most elusive QB ever, all respect to Vick. I think he would be great as a KR. Hoke is thinking about doing that, he was on the field during one against MSU, but the kick went out if the endzone.
Edit- http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2012/10/25/3553388/michigan-football-denard-robinson-kick-returns

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
roachkiller wrote:

Hes certainly the most elusive QB ever, all respect to Vick. I think he would be great as a KR. Hoke is thinking about doing that, he was on the field during one against MSU, but the kick went out if the endzone.
Edit- http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2012/10/25/3553388/michigan-football-denard-robinson-kick-returns

There's no way Robinson is more elusive than a young Michael Vick.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hes certainly the most elusive QB ever, all respect to Vick

lol no
roachkiller

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
roachkiller wrote:

Hester is really not all that elusive, its his acceleration, top end speed and most importantly his vision which makes him a great returner. Hes not a shake and bake, make you miss kind of guy at all.
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
roachkiller wrote:

LOLWUT
Nobody

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
Nobody wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
roachkiller wrote:

LOLWUT
Belive what you want, he is.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Quote:
Hes certainly the most elusive QB ever, all respect to Vick

lol no
lol yes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: