Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If you were Rick...
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sloppy28

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: If you were Rick... Reply with quote

As of today, what would you do in the first 3 rounds of the 2013 NFL draft? For the sake of this topic, let's say we are picking 19th, 49th, 81st...

If I were Rick and we are picking 19th... I am going to assume guys like Hunter, Allen, Te'o, Star, Reid, Milliner, Banks, Hankins, ect. are gone....

I would trade the 19th overall pick to the New York Giants who would be moving up to select Barrett Jones, OG/C, Alabama.
* I just didn't see the value in reaching for a player that I didn't like so I traded the pick to the NY Giants who move up to get a versatile lineman in Barrett Jones. We would then get the 30th overall pick plus a later round pick.

With the 30th overall pick the Minnesota Vikings select... Kawann Short, DT, Purdue
* I like Short at the end of the first and think he will leave us without any worries once KW is gone.

2nd Round:
With the 49th overall pick the Minnesota Vikings select... Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
* Obvious need for us and Patterson is a kid who I think has a very high ceiling once he settles into an NFL system. This is his first year at UT and he has been doing extremely well against SEC defenses. Big-bodied guy we are in need of, yet he is still very fast.

3rd Round:
With the 81st overall pick the Minnesota Vikings select... Arthur Brown, ILB/OLB, Kansas State
* We need help at the LB position and Brown could play ILB if he adds some weight (pending Brinkley) or OLB if we don't resign Henderson.

Trade! Use some of our extra picks and trade back up into the 3rd to select... Marcus Davis, WR, Virginia Tech
* Big, fast, productive WR. I am not sure why he isn't talked about more, but I am impressed. He could be a redzone threat and a very productive outside receiver.

This would give us.. DT Kawann Short, WR Cordarrelle Patterson, LB Arthur Brown, WR Marcus Davis.

Sooo many options here. There are just too many guys I like right now because of all our needs at WR, LB, OG, S, DT, CB... But as of today I am going with this. Next week it could be completely different!
** I really want any of the Free Safeties but we need WR more than a FS and I think all 3 of Tony Jefferson, Kenny Vaccaro, T.J. McDonald will be gone in the early second, but I would love any of the 3 on our team.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My picks would be:

1. David Amerson CB NC State

2. TJ McDonald FS USC

3. Marquess Wilson WR Washington State
AQuintus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kparty69 wrote:
My picks would be:

I just don't see the point in using our 1st on a nickel corner (especially one who is probably better as a FS) when we have bigger holes at other starting positions.

If we want a nickel corner, we'd be much better off going after Nickell Robey who will likely fall to the 3rd or 4th due to his size.
Sloppy28

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AQuintus wrote:
kparty69 wrote:
My picks would be:

I just don't see the point in using our 1st on a nickel corner (especially one who is probably better as a FS) when we have bigger holes at other starting positions.

If we want a nickel corner, we'd be much better off going after Nickell Robey who will likely fall to the 3rd or 4th due to his size.

If his intentions are to move him to FS next to Harrison, then the pick gains some interest... Would he be a good fit for our system at FS? But I do agree, we can't afford to take a first round CB in Amerson.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id go:

1. WR -Justin Hunter - I think he will slip a bit as his production just isnt all that great after tearing his knee up and he is still somewhat raw. But id love to have him on this team, ELITE talent.

2. S - Kenny Vaccaro - Under-rated player who is looking really good this year. And alot like our new guy Harrison Smith, he is always around the ball and is a good run defender.

3. DT - Sharrif Floyd - Terrific skill set, and more of a pass rusher at the DT position.

#TEDDYTHEVIKING
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kparty69 wrote:
My picks would be:

2. TJ McDonald FS USC

3. Marquess Wilson WR Washington State

I like it.

Peppers90 on the sig.
kparty69

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sloppy28 wrote:
AQuintus wrote:
kparty69 wrote:
My picks would be:

If his intentions are to move him to FS next to Harrison, then the pick gains some interest... Would he be a good fit for our system at FS? But I do agree, we can't afford to take a first round CB in Amerson.

The only WR worth taking in the first for our team other than Allen and Hunter is Rogers, but I don't think his character concerns are worth the risk. I have no idea why Wilson is ranked so low when he has looked so good on film; way better than Terrance Williams.

DT could be a need, but not that big if we resign Williams.

I think we can use a later pick on OG; our line will be much better when we bench Johnson, move Fusco to LG, and start Schwartz and RG.

Antoine Winfield is a huge part of our defense and CB will be a very big need when he retires at the end of the year. Amerson has the potential to be the top corner in the class. All of his mistakes are fixable. If he's able to play CB and FS, great, because we will need help at both positions. Why do you think that he is only a nickel CB?
arKnaD7

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kparty69 wrote:
Antoine Winfield is a huge part of our defense and CB will be a very big need when he retires at the end of the year. Amerson has the potential to be the top corner in the class. All of his mistakes are fixable. If he's able to play CB and FS, great, because we will need help at both positions. Why do you think that he is only a nickel CB?

Amerson tackles like he is allergic to contact, pass.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys underestimate Jefferson. He could very well be our #3 next year.

Scenario 1 (Justin Hunter is available)

1. Justin Hunter: A.J Green 2.0
2. TJ McDonald: Next to Harrison Smith, this guy would be a boss. Very underrated safety.
3. Shariff Floyd: Great pass rusher. Solid replacement to Kevin Williams, allthough Idk if he'll fall to the 3rd.

Scenario 2 (Hunter already drafted)

1. John Jenkins?
2. Marquees Wilson
3. Arthur Brown

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
HighHopes

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder, why exactly do people think we should draft a CB in the first round?

Cook
Robinson
Winfield
Jefferson

I know its not an elite bunch, but its definitely much better then alot of positions imo.
Shorty McFast

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
2. TJ McDonald

Just so you guys know... McDonald has a early/mid 1st round grade right now.
Kellerman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighHopes wrote:
I wonder, why exactly do people think we should draft a CB in the first round?

Cook
Robinson
Winfield
Jefferson

I know its not an elite bunch, but its definitely much better then alot of positions imo.

Speaking for myself, Winfield will be 36 next season and might retire, Jefferson is unproven.

Edit: Misread your post, I don't think we should draft a 1st round CB either. More like 3rd or 4th round.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BPA with partiality towards G, WR, DT, DB.
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scenario #1 (Hunter available - Pick #19) -- No Trades

#19 Justn Hunter (WR)
#49 Kenny Vaccaro (S)
#81 Shayne Skov (LB)

Scenario #2 (Hunter/Allen not available - Pick #19) -- Trades Available

#19 (875) down to #27 (690) + #91 (136)

#27 -- Cordarrelle Patterson (WR)
#49 -- Kenny Vaccaro (S)

Trade #81 (185) + #91 (136) = (321) for #60 (300)

#60 -- Sheldon Richardson (DT)

(we're losing a bit of value on each of the trades in terms of TVC, so its more realistic)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yuck, nit one of you has them taking a guard in the top 3 rounds.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 1 of 18

Jump to: