Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Start Al Afalava Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
I like the intensity and hunger Afalava brings to the field. I believe we need a lot more of that, but I'm not really sold on him being a starter. I don't mind him laying the wood, but I'd rather see him (along with the rest of our defense) convert to solid impact tackles that stops runners in their tracks, rather than just go for the big hits.

I'm looking at Markelle Martin as our possible savior. When does he come off the PUP list?

He is off the PUP list, came off of it before the Bills game.

Said at 1:40 in this video:

http://www.titansonline.com/media-center/videos/Titans-All-Access-2012-Episode-11/dd410196-7839-477b-bcfc-91687465b7ff

They get to let him practice and etc for 3 weeks then get to decide if he can come on the active roster, apparently.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwoToneBlue wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
I like the intensity and hunger Afalava brings to the field. I believe we need a lot more of that, but I'm not really sold on him being a starter. I don't mind him laying the wood, but I'd rather see him (along with the rest of our defense) convert to solid impact tackles that stops runners in their tracks, rather than just go for the big hits.

I'm looking at Markelle Martin as our possible savior. When does he come off the PUP list?

Wait, when have you seen people going for big hits? Laughing

You're right. Maybe that was a poor choice of words. Let's just call it "attempted high-impact contact". Smile We're always either trying to lay in a big shoulder shot or lunge at the runner trying to take his legs out rather than containing, wrapping him up and taking him down. The runner either ends up bouncing off the "big" shoulder shot and regains his balance and get more yards or we just completely miss him all-together (ala Griffin) and catch nothing but air and turf. Other times we're too busy trying to strip the ball away unsuccessfully, while the runner is dragging our defenders for another 5 or 10 more yards. It's all just a product of poor tackling and poor coaching.
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
TwoToneBlue wrote:
Dionysus wrote:

Wait, when have you seen people going for big hits? Laughing

You're right. Maybe that was a poor choice of words. Let's just call it "attempted high-impact contact". Smile We're always either trying to lay in a big shoulder shot or lunge at the runner trying to take his legs out rather than containing, wrapping him up and taking him down. The runner either ends up bouncing off the "big" shoulder shot and regains his balance and get more yards or we just completely miss him all-together (ala Griffin) and catch nothing but air and turf. Other times we're too busy trying to strip the ball away unsuccessfully, while the runner is dragging our defenders for another 5 or 10 more yards. It's all just a product of poor tackling and poor coaching.

Aaahhh...that sounds more like it. Titan D.

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: