Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Key to it all I think is the O-Line ranked 26th
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnydtarheel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Key to it all I think is the O-Line ranked 26th Reply with quote

Quote:
26. Carolina Panthers

PB = 19th, RB = 29th, PEN = 13th

While the play calling deserves its share of blame, the run blocking hasnít exactly been great this year. That was probably particularly in the middle of the line, with Ryan Kalil not playing up to his potential before his injury and Geoff Hangartner really struggling.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/10/24/offensive-line-rankings/

It was bad before any injuries.

Thanks CK
Cypher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say i'm surprised. When the offensive line is doing 80% of its run blocking from the gun....I just....whatisthisIdonteven.

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron
boondock

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we moved to a power I running game, I think the numbers are different. Scheme makes a world of difference.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam has the highest play action completion % in the league. If we could run the ball right imagine what he could really do then.

Quote:
Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF
The highest completion % belongs to both Newton & Romo (75%), ahead of RG3, Alex Smith & Ben Roethlisberger

Thanks CK
Moody

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
I can't say i'm surprised. When the offensive line is doing 80% of its run blocking from the gun....I just....whatisthisIdonteven.

good point.

Also, how do you grade an offensive line that doesn't even know where the runner is going? Not to mention they run to the outside practically every play.

The line may not have been good even when healthy but the option didn't help them at all. Neither did the deep passing.
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silatolu has been improving, and I like Bell a lot more at guard. If Kalil comes back full strength next year, and maybe we can get a new RT, I think our line goes back to being a strength.
johnydtarheel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
Silatolu has been improving, and I like Bell a lot more at guard. If Kalil comes back full strength next year, and maybe we can get a new RT, I think our line goes back to being a strength.

Joe Person ‏@josephperson
Panthers offensive lineman Byron Bell says he has returned to right tackle. started at right guard last week.

Joe Person ‏@josephperson
Panthers OL Byron Bell says he is back at right tackle after starting at guard last week. Jeff Byers is working at guard next to Bell

Thanks CK
Moody

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rest of this season should be spent working on the short passing game. This season is over with, I really hope they don't keep acting like they can go deep all the time. Cam might as well figure out how to handle games when protection isn't great.
fretgod99

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
boondock wrote:
If we moved to a power I running game, I think the numbers are different. Scheme makes a world of difference.
I'll cosign both of these statements. I'm not surprised the run blocking has been terrible. It's the same reason the RBs have looked terrible. Almost every play starts out laterally. Not giving your guys much of a chance when that's the norm and not the exception.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
Impulser12000

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditto to all of the above. we need to return to the days of double trouble where we ram it down the opponents throat and only use the cutesy stuff rarely, not as the staple.
i dont blame the o line too much for this. i'm blaming the coaches and scheme for this one. but the o line could be better. and injuries suck.

CarolinaKitten on the sig
CAROLINA DID NOT DRAFT ARMANTI EDWARDS TO PLAY QB...or at all. Man he sucks
johnydtarheel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
31. Carolina Panthers (26th)

PB = 25th, RB = 31st and PEN = 16th

A big drop for the Panthers with the performance of Amini Silatolu over the past few weeks being a key factor in that. His abuse at the hands of the Bears will live long in the memory. With Ryan Kalil down, only Jordan Gross is making life any easier on the players around him.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/11/13/offensive-line-rankings-week-10-update/

next to last now getting close to cardinals

Thanks CK
fretgod99

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scheme sucks. I am as unsurprised as I am annoyed.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
yesweCAM

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely agree. I think O Line should be one of our top needs. With Gross getting older, we need a young stable tackle that can replace him down the road. Our number one priority to become competitive again is to keep Cam upright and protected. Luke Joeckel would be a ideal pick. He could start at RT and learn under Gross and possibly replace him in 2-3 years.
boondock

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking outside the box, but has anyone thought about trying to get Ryan Clady from Denver, he's a FA this offseason? He's probably going to be expensive, but if we cut some of the older contracts, and restructure Gross, it's a possibility.

Put him at LT, move Gross to RT, let Silatolu play LG, Kalil at C, and we have an open audition for RG. Be on the lookout for guys to play the right side of the line in the draft over the next couple of years.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
Thinking outside the box, but has anyone thought about trying to get Ryan Clady from Denver, he's a FA this offseason? He's probably going to be expensive, but if we cut some of the older contracts, and restructure Gross, it's a possibility.

Put him at LT, move Gross to RT, let Silatolu play LG, Kalil at C, and we have an open audition for RG. Be on the lookout for guys to play the right side of the line in the draft over the next couple of years.

There's several very good to great LT listed for FA I doubt Clady gets to FA. Jake Long, Brandon Albert among others

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2013/fa/ol.html

Thanks CK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: