Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bye Week Issues?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coors

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well... I myself certainly have bye week issues. My laptop was stolen out of my car on Thursday, which is why this is the first time I've been back online here at FF since then. Let's hope that my misfortune is contained to me, myself, and I and our Dirty Birds all had a great mini vacation and come back next weekend ready to lay the wood onto the Iggles...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
Jgoldiscool wrote:
* This team needs to faze out the game plan of playing clock management when we are ahead. We need to bury teams and score.

* When we struggle we fall into a predictable mess of trying to dig ourselves out of a hole.

* Lastly, this team needs to to create some 3-5 yard plays that aren't run plays. I know the running game should help shorten downs but we don't have that. It seems as though we try to get the first down in one pass. That is good, but there needs to be some that gain us short yards. We face too many 3rd and longs.

I agree. Screens to RBs, WRs, he'll even TEs lol. As well as some short crossing routes to get guys in space to where those short gains could turn into large gains. Think we need to get healthy and regain focus shown earlier in the season. We started off guns-a-blazin against the Chiefs, Broncos, and Chargers. Against the other three teams it looked like we eased into the game with baby steps. Cory Peters will be big for our run game if he can play within the next week or two.
He just started practicing which is good. I wish they would utilize Douglas better. Instead of throwing mid to long passes his way why not throw short and let him loose in the open field.

XBL GT: l JGOLD l Adopt a Falcon | LB | Paul Worrilow
adam9

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jgoldiscool wrote:
adam9 wrote:
Jgoldiscool wrote:
* This team needs to faze out the game plan of playing clock management when we are ahead. We need to bury teams and score.

* When we struggle we fall into a predictable mess of trying to dig ourselves out of a hole.

* Lastly, this team needs to to create some 3-5 yard plays that aren't run plays. I know the running game should help shorten downs but we don't have that. It seems as though we try to get the first down in one pass. That is good, but there needs to be some that gain us short yards. We face too many 3rd and longs.

I agree. Screens to RBs, WRs, he'll even TEs lol. As well as some short crossing routes to get guys in space to where those short gains could turn into large gains. Think we need to get healthy and regain focus shown earlier in the season. We started off guns-a-blazin against the Chiefs, Broncos, and Chargers. Against the other three teams it looked like we eased into the game with baby steps. Cory Peters will be big for our run game if he can play within the next week or two.
He just started practicing which is good. I wish they would utilize Douglas better. Instead of throwing mid to long passes his way why not throw short and let him loose in the open field.

He needs to be in more snaps too. A lot of 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB sets and a lot of 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE sets.

I hope Peters can play soon. They're saying it might be 2 weeks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: