Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Practice Squad Talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rbens06

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank-O wrote:
Arodsmightybelt wrote:
some of those injuries to our boys look bad. might be bringing one or both of Guy or Datko up after this game Sad

Shields
, Smith, and Perry all looked really....really bad

Shields?

He got kicked in the shin. Highly doubt it's anything near serious for him. Smith and Perry could both be season ending, though.

I agree with Shields, as someone mentioned before it looks like it hurt, but did not seem serious. I think he was held out because of the point in the game. We had a large lead and there was not a ton of time left. Also, as someone mentioned before, Perry was able to do some things on the sideline to try and get back into the game. I think it looked bad on TV, but it ended up being something far less serious.

McCarthy said in his press conference that Smith and Saine appeared to sustain potentially serious knee injuries. I didn't catch him say anything like that for Shields or Perry, which is more of an indicator that they were minor injuries then serious injuries.
justo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Van Roten on the 53 and Lawrence Guy being picked up by the Colts the Packers signed Drew Vanderlin (Michigan Tech-DE) and Jeremy Ross (Cal-RET/WR)
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
With Van Roten on the 53 and Lawrence Guy being picked up by the Colts the Packers signed Drew Vanderlin (Michigan Tech-DE) and Jeremy Ross (Cal-RET/WR)

Man TT confuses me with the WR's. Unless Ross is someone they needed for scout team looks, the team already has Boykin and Borel as young WR's who are next in line to break through. Don't see much out of Vanderlin, but it is always good to see those small school guys get their shot.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
justo wrote:

Man TT confuses me with the WR's. Unless Ross is someone they needed for scout team looks, the team already has Boykin and Borel as young WR's who are next in line to break through. Don't see much out of Vanderlin, but it is always good to see those small school guys get their shot.

Think of Ross less as a WR and more as "someone who can return kicks and punts who is less valuable than Randall Cobb, Tramon Williams, or Charles Woodson".
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
justo wrote:

Think of Ross less as a WR and more as "someone who can return kicks and punts who is less valuable than Randall Cobb, Tramon Williams, or Charles Woodson".

Absolutely, but is there a spot on this roster for someone like that anymore? I'm not arguing but in reality, you've got to do more for the Packers than return kicks to make this team, unless youre as good as Hester is at it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
justo wrote:

It's not like James Nixon doesn't fill that role too though
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
Absolutely, but is there a spot on this roster for someone like that anymore? I'm not arguing but in reality, you've got to do more for the Packers than return kicks to make this team, unless youre as good as Hester is at it.

It's the practice squad, not the roster, though.

Think of it as a situation where if an injury creates a hole at returner, you have someone on deck that you might want to promote to the active roster.

Think of it as "in case one of the 6 WRs goes on IR" or something kind of move.

If it helps though, think of the 8th practice squad spot as sort of a "deep scouting" position. In the past TT has devoted one PS spot to taking good looks at guys and then cycling someone else into that spot after a few weeks.
Arodsmightybelt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOOOOO Sad

Guy.....why didnt we bring him up Sad that brings sad feelings to my heart
palmy50

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
PossibleCabbage wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
justo wrote:

It's not like James Nixon doesn't fill that role too though

More looks Cobb gets in the O though the less apealing he may look to them on ST's. Not saying that's the reason for those two signs. Just sayin.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@WesHod
Now I'm no longer driving, #Packers have released GB native Drew Vanderlin from PS as @RobDemovsky tweeted. Classy kid, took it in stride

Well that was fun.
justo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
PackerReport
#Packers signed to the PS Jordan Miller, a DT from Southern U. (Vanderlin is the Green Bay native. Great story for one week.)

Quote:
@PackerReport
#Packers release Drew Vanderlin and Chris Scott from practice squad

Two out, one in. Assume someone from the 53 going down to PS again?
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Quote:
PackerReport
#Packers signed to the PS Jordan Miller, a DT from Southern U. (Vanderlin is the Green Bay native. Great story for one week.)

Quote:
@PackerReport
#Packers release Drew Vanderlin and Chris Scott from practice squad

Two out, one in. Assume someone from the 53 going down to PS again?

Besides an OL, which I doubt we cut seeing as we only have 8, I think only Richardson, Boykin and Terrell Manning are PS eligible on our roster.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the Southern University Pro Day in Baton Rouge, La., 2011 NFL Draft Prospect Jordan Miller, Nose Tackle, bench pressed 225 lbs 37 times. **note: the bench press was the last of the exercises performed during the pro day.
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/tydunne/status/261128600701517824

Quote:
TyDunne: #Packers sign G Justin Cheadle (Cal) and RB DuJuan Harris (ex-Jaguars) to the practice squad. Diondre Borel placed on practice squad/injured
palmy50

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DuJuan Harris could be interesting in this offense. Man was in Steel City for a spell there and has some talent. Short, but not small. Very thick/strong young man right there. Quick as a cat but has some long speed also. Small hands, but can catch the rock.

LIS, could be interesting in this offense.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: