Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

question Re: Boller

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dawgdish

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:06 pm    Post subject: question Re: Boller Reply with quote

What do you Ravens fans think of Kyle Boller? Is this his make or break year, and will he get it done?

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In some ways this is his make or break year, but i believe he will get it done. w/ mason, clayton, heap, and moore, he has plenty of weapons, a great D will take the pressure off of him. hes in for a big year

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barring catastrophic injuries to Jamal Lewis, Todd Heap, Derrick Mason, the Oline and of course Boller himself, yes this is a make or break year.

And yes i believe he will get it done. He showed great improvement from his rookie year to last year and last year the Oline wasnt constantly beaten up and missing games, Jamal Lewis missed 5 games and hardly played in 2 other because of injury, Todd Heap missed 10 or 11 games and of course our WRs were Travis Taylor and Kevin Johnson(the worst duo in the league). Boller also played a very tough schedule last year(4th hardest in the league) and most of the big games against teams like the steelers, pats, eagles, jets and colts were without any 2 or 3 starters from the Oline, Jamal Lewis, Heap, or WRs. Yes, this is make or break and yes Boller will come through with a breakout season.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With J. Lewis not scheduled to make it back till August do you think that will hinder K. Bollers progression?
raven5255

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, he will be at a halfway house in early june (june 6th i think) and team officails believe that he will be allowed to train and workout at the Ravens facility even while at the halfway house. I believe August is when he is completly free. However you never know, his offseason surgery and of course the lack of the ability to train properly for just about the entire offseason could slow his return to top game. I believe he will get thier eventually however i feel comfortable with Chester Taylor and Musa Smith as backups if Jamal starts slow, which i dont think we will although its possible. But to answer your question, no i dont think it will hinder Kyle Boller because of the production we can get out of Musa and Chester if by some chance Jamal comes around a little slow.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think K. Boller will be better off. Let me explain why he'll have to put the ball in the air a little more. Which should quicken his progress possibly putting him in great position when J. Lewis returns. I say the Ravens will really see if K. Boller is the future
B-RavenMad

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The real question will be..."Will the other teams do well against our defense?"

Its obvious that Kyle Boller needs to be consistant and productive.. A healthy O-line and a much improved recieving corpse will give Kyle Boller much needed confidence to be better than good. He needs to be great.

I am on my last Kyle Boller "straw".
DaKingPin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Kyle Boller is a good quarterback. He never had anyone to throw it to. Yah heap is good but he was all we had so they could cover him good. Even with no one to throw it to there were a few games where boller threw for over 200 yards and now that he has recivers, he can do a lot better. Heap will be open more also so heap will have a good season as well.
Peter2005

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boller should be allrigth. He will most likely have more INTs than last year, but as long as the yards also goes up it is fine. Last year he hed something around 42 attempts per Int better than even Brady and P. Manning. So with the added weapons Ravens should open thing more up, and have a few more Int, but many more yards and TDs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: