Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 7: Bills vs Titans Game Day Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
Coaching and play calling is awful.

Wanny needs to go, Chan needs to relinquish the play calling duties, and we need to run the damn ball more.

Jackson gets 9 carries and Spiller gets 12... I just dont understand why we would give these guys 21 touches in the run game and let Fitz throw it 35 times ...

Exactly. Our best playmakers aren't getting the ball as much as they should be. I thought the coaching on both sides of the ball was horrific.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:
I don't understand how Fitz doesn't get blamed for the majority of the loss... Fitz can't throw a pass over 15 yards accurately. Our RB's had 14 of Fitz's 27 completions with a ~5 yard average. It was embarrassing to see so many screen passes.

this is exactly what my father and i were discussing last night. Sure on paper Fitz looked like he had a good game minus the interception. But in reality it was all Spiller and Jackson get YAC. By my count Fitz only attempted 8 passes over 15 yards and only completed 50% of them. Yes two were for TD's but its his incredible inconsistency that drives us fans crazy.

Though our defense is terrible, you can win in this league with a bad defence as long as you have a franchise QB (Green Bay/New England anybody?). Even with how bad our D played we had a chance at the end of the game to drive 50 yards and kick a game winning field goal, our QB and offense gained 7 yards in 30 seconds. Then that final throw to Stevie who had his man beat was just atrocious.

Though our defense is arguably the worst of all time, our season and numbers of wins and losses will be determined by Fitzpatrick.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
Well atleast we wont lose next week.

I cant believe I am excited for the bye lol

Same here!! We need to regroup lol.. I believe Cordy Glenn, Urbik and Spencer Johnson all should be back and more reps for Merriman.
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, lost in all of this BS was the fact that Merriman looked really good.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gilmore thrown at 3 times, allowed one completion for 9 yards.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:
I don't understand how Fitz doesn't get blamed for the majority of the loss... Fitz can't throw a pass over 15 yards accurately. Our RB's had 14 of Fitz's 27 completions with a ~5 yard average. It was embarrassing to see so many screen passes.

Agreed. Fitz should be blamed for being totally unable to win games when called upon. He just isn't physically talented enough to play the position. He went to Harvard which is something people love to say but that doesn't mean he's a smart football player. I would love to have a moron like Jim Kelly who went to Football University.

Fitz is a back up quaterback in this league, nothing more. I can't believe that there's a single person left who can seriously argue otherwise. That part of the problem falls on our talent evaluation, which leads to the fire everybody solution, which leads to the hiring another couple of bums until Ralph is dead, which is less and less into the future unassumingly. If TJax isn't getting reps in practice on Wednesday or next week, I will be more willing to commit the same failing plan we've been following since Polian/Butler/Levy/Wade.

leeevans83d wrote:
Yea, lost in all of this BS was the fact that Merriman looked really good.

I didn't notice him except for one play where he ran into the huddle and was called off. Kyle Moore totally outplaying Mario Williams stood out to me though.

J-ALL-DAY wrote:

He played pretty well when he was matched up against Larry last week too. The other corners need to step up or our idiot, I mean, our defensive coordinator needs to scheme help.
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it really so hard to not blitz ONCE? Like, the few times we brought more than 4 guys, surprise surprise, we got pressure and forced bad passes or sacks.

But nope, that obviously doesn't work mustache, lets just keep rushing 4 until were down 20 points like always when were not playing a defense almost as bad as ours.

Fitz can play very well for most of a game, but he cant handle making a single mistake, the second he fumbles or throws a bad pass, it haunts him and he can't mentally adjust it seems. Time for T-Jack to step in, now. Even if he sucks, let him suck so we can draft Wilson or Bray or Geno or anybody other than the bums we've had under center the past 15 years.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Is it really so hard to not blitz ONCE? Like, the few times we brought more than 4 guys, surprise surprise, we got pressure and forced bad passes or sacks.

But nope, that obviously doesn't work mustache, lets just keep rushing 4 until were down 20 points like always when were not playing a defense almost as bad as ours.

Fitz can play very well for most of a game, but he cant handle making a single mistake, the second he fumbles or throws a bad pass, it haunts him and he can't mentally adjust it seems. Time for T-Jack to step in, now. Even if he sucks, let him suck so we can draft Wilson or Bray or Geno or anybody other than the bums we've had under center the past 15 years.

Bingo. It's about friggin time we take a risk on a QB. The past 2 years in the draft most of the QB's have panned out well.

jsnydes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:

The best way to tell he is coming around. "Thrown at 3 times."

TommyC376^^^
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyle Moore's 2012 salary: $615,000. I forget... how much are they paying Mario?

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

Bingo. It's about friggin time we take a risk on a QB. The past 2 years in the draft most of the QB's have panned out well.

It's a joke that we haven't even taken a chance at a developmental guy since Levi freaking Brown. I'm done waiting for these late round scrubs to pan out, or trading up for "high upside" guys. We need a legitimate quarterback if were ever going to stop being the laughing stock of the NFL. And we need one, now. There is talent at very key positions, we have a young quarterbacks best friends in a great young offensive line and a dominant running attack, which we apparently refuse to ever use, despite Chan saying after the Chiefs game that we were a run first team.

I'm sick of waiting for next year.

jb_gobills wrote:
Kyle Moore's 2012 salary: $615,000. I forget... how much are they paying Mario?

Too much. We should have saved the cap space and tried to shore up our linebackers, but I was on the train that was hyped up to get him so, I shouldn't be surprised. Big name guys never seem to work out for us.

But at least there is still time to right the ship and get a coordinator that isn't lost in the modern NFL.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: