Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 7 GDT: Titans(2-4) @ Bills(3-3) 10/21 1PM EST.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Wins?
Tennessee Titans
65%
 65%  [ 15 ]
Buffalo Bills
34%
 34%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 23

s_camp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
Jerry Gray talks a big game but its all the same conservative BS that just doesn't work. He needs to be gone ASAP.

The disconnect between his rhetoric and his performance is astounding.

Having watched the game again, I take back my previous comments about Griffin. Generally uninspiring. Definitely not what we need from a veteran being paid like a leader. The penalty was still bs though.
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VYoung10 wrote:
UTMoc10 wrote:
lamont wrote:
UTMoc10 wrote:
There are only 3 teams in the AFC with winning records. Pats, Ravens, and the Texans. Of those three the only one that looks consistant - Houston.

If we could beat Indy next week we'd be back at .500 and second in the AFCS. We definitely still have a shot to make the playoffs if we can rip off a few more wins. I really think 8-8, 9-7 would get us into the wildcard.

Really needed the pats to have lost yesterday to the jets. They have the Titans on the head to head tie break along with the chargers. The only shot the Titans have is a wild card and the pats and chargers have to lose some unexpected games in order to leapfrog them.

Pats are more than likely going to win their division so I'm not worried about them. The Chargers had an epic collapse vs Denver and now they are being investigated for using Stick-um. They have a lot of issues over there.
If we can get to 8-8 we'll have a decent shot. That's something I wouldn't have expected at the beginning of the year.

This is one thing that I am trying to understand. Everybody and their mother knew with our starting schedule that we could easily lose all 5 of our first games and still have a good chance on the season. This, being 3-4, wasn't unexpected at all. Now, getting healthy, we should be just fine.

Before the season started I expected us to get to .500, but after the first couple game in looked really bad. Britt was still hurt, McCarthy is out,Spoon was playing like crap, etc.. I knew it would be tough but with the injuries I was ready for us to be under that mark, especially since they thought Locker might need to have surgery. It wasn't the schedule that worried me, it was the injuries.
Kendall Wright - 25 catches 223 yards, 3TD
Damian Stafford - 3 tackles
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@JasonLaCanfora: No surprise with Hasselbeck stayin under center. Better team with him there. Big game with Colts. Locker has missed a lot of time

What a clown. I do expect Locker to miss the next 3 games and come back during the bye and be ready for Jacksonville.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
Titansfan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Quote:
@JasonLaCanfora: No surprise with Hasselbeck stayin under center. Better team with him there. Big game with Colts. Locker has missed a lot of time

What a clown. I do expect Locker to miss the next 3 games and come back during the bye and be ready for Jacksonville.

How do some of these tools have jobs? All this shows is just how much these so called "Pundits" actually take the time to watch Titans games. Hasselbeck was carried through yesterday's game. He has been below average at best.

Props to JammerHammer on the awesome sig!
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titansfan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Quote:

How do some of these tools have jobs? All this shows is just how much these so called "Pundits" actually take the time to watch Titans games. Hasselbeck was carried through yesterday's game. He has been below average at best.

While I disagree with Hass being better than Locker, calling Hass "below average" these past two weeks is understating his efforts. He's been a solid QB for us. That throw to Nate Washington was a thing of beauty and his play on third downs has been very solid.

Quote:
Matt Hasselbeck ranks 6th in the #NFL this season in 3rd-down passing: 35-48, 72.9% (NFL high), 401 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT, 95.9 rating.

He's getting done what he needs to get done and has helped keep the team together despite being down late in both of the past two games. Give him some credit.
Titansfan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
Titansfan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Quote:

While I disagree with Hass being better than Locker, calling Hass "below average" these past two weeks is understating his efforts. He's been a solid QB for us. That throw to Nate Washington was a thing of beauty and his play on third downs has been very solid.

Quote:
Matt Hasselbeck ranks 6th in the #NFL this season in 3rd-down passing: 35-48, 72.9% (NFL high), 401 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT, 95.9 rating.

He's getting done what he needs to get done and has helped keep the team together despite being down late in both of the past two games. Give him some credit.

I'm sorry but those third down stats are misleading. Most of those third down passes have been about five yards, if that (hence the high completion percentage). Now don't get me wrong that throw to Wash on fourth down was very good but other than that he wasn't that good. As for the Steelers game he did his best to lose that game with a shocking INT and another pass which should have been picked which would have sealed the game for the Steelers.

He isn't very good and I'm sticking with that opinion.

TitanLegend

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titansfan wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
Titansfan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

I'm sorry but those third down stats are misleading. Most of those third down passes have been about five yards, if that (hence the high completion percentage). Now don't get me wrong that throw to Wash on fourth down was very good but other than that he wasn't that good. As for the Steelers game he did his best to lose that game with a shocking INT and another pass which should have been picked which would have sealed the game for the Steelers.

You can call it misleading all you want. What's not misleading is us being 18/30 on third downs the past two weeks which is 60%. The NFL leader in 3rd down % is Pittsburgh at 54% over the course of the season. You gonna find some way to nitpick and criticize that too?

Yes he's thrown interceptions. I didn't call him perfect. I just said he's been a solid QB for us the past two weeks and gotten it done when it came down to winning the football game. I forget who it was that said it on this forum, but if Jake Locker did these exact same things the past two weeks, everyone would be ready to put him in the HOF. Quit with the double standards just because you hate him(for whatever reason).
Titansfan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
Titansfan wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
Titansfan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

You can call it misleading all you want. What's not misleading is us being 18/30 on third downs the past two weeks which is 60%. The NFL leader in 3rd down % is Pittsburgh at 54% over the course of the season. You gonna find some way to nitpick and criticize that too?

Yes he's thrown interceptions. I didn't call him perfect. I just said he's been a solid QB for us the past two weeks and gotten it done when it came down to winning the football game. I forget who it was that said it on this forum, but if Jake Locker did these exact same things the past two weeks, everyone would be ready to put him in the HOF. Quit with the double standards just because you hate him(for whatever reason).

No I wouldn't. The reason we have improved so much on third down is massively due to the fact that the running game has took off. instead of getting -2 yards on first down and putting us in third and long situations we are now getting seven and eight yards on first down hence putting us in a lot more third and short situations.

I would not be saying Locker had done well the last two weeks if he had put up the same numbers as Hass. I'd say he managed the game at best but I'd be expecting a lot better. I'd also be wondering why he was only averaging under six yards per pass attempt as well.

TitanSS

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
s_camp wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
TitanSlim wrote:
TheDeeeeej wrote:
To be fair, we did end up wasting money on Wimbley in return.

I'd rather us waste money on Wimbley and his contract (5 yrs./$35 Mil with $13.5 mil guarantee) than on Williams with his contract (6 yrs./$96 Mil with $50 mil guarantee). Especially since they're playing at pretty much the same level this year.

Right we paid almost less than half and getting just about the same production.

You think Wimbley is playing up to his contract?

I sure as hell don't. He's been average. Not worth that contract at all. Morgan has been better in every part of the game.

Not arguing that Morgan has not been better, but to blame our pass rush I still believe is unfair.

To have receivers running so wide open that the QB can unload the ball as quickly as they have been able to is atrocious.

Gray really looks bad.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
- The three highest graded Titans were Kamerion Wimbley (+3.6), Chris Johnson (+3.3) and Michael Roos (+3.3).

- By virtue of missing 9 tackles, the Titans have now missed 44 in their last four games. Ugly.

- Karl Klug was only on the field for six defensive snaps. His playing time is dropping on a week by week basis.

- https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/10/22/pff-reaction-blog-week-7/
s_camp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
Quote:
- The three highest graded Titans were Kamerion Wimbley (+3.6), Chris Johnson (+3.3) and Michael Roos (+3.3).

- By virtue of missing 9 tackles, the Titans have now missed 44 in their last four games. Ugly.

- Karl Klug was only on the field for six defensive snaps. His playing time is dropping on a week by week basis.

- https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/10/22/pff-reaction-blog-week-7/

What idiot took Klug in adopt-a-titan? He needs to get in here and defend his player!
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
I forget who it was that said it on this forum, but if Jake Locker did these exact same things the past two weeks, everyone would be ready to put him in the HOF. Quit with the double standards just because you hate him(for whatever reason).

It was me. Cool

But it is a double standard.

People expect Hasselbeck to play flawless while giving Jake "time."
I love Jake. I do. I expect nothing but the best from him. I think he is the future and the now. I think we are a better team with him.

However.....

I'm not going to pretend like Jake is without flaws. Some of the San Diego throws were horrendous! He has missed reads, he has been late, he has overthrown...etc.
I've taken up for Jake.

I just don't understand why people want to kick Hasselbeck to the ground and then step on him. He is an ultimate pro. Great leader, teammate and all around good guy. Hear him give interviews locally. You will understand why...
He makes some bad throws. He checks down. yes we know.
But it is just funny when Locker does it "Great play, take what they give you."
Hasselbeck.... "Man why didn't he throw it 80yards down the field!"

I just don't understand the desire to beat up on a solid player for us.
s_camp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
I forget who it was that said it on this forum, but if Jake Locker did these exact same things the past two weeks, everyone would be ready to put him in the HOF. Quit with the double standards just because you hate him(for whatever reason).

It was me. Cool

But it is a double standard.

People expect Hasselbeck to play flawless while giving Jake "time."
I love Jake. I do. I expect nothing but the best from him. I think he is the future and the now. I think we are a better team with him.

However.....

I'm not going to pretend like Jake is without flaws. Some of the San Diego throws were horrendous! He has missed reads, he has been late, he has overthrown...etc.
I've taken up for Jake.

I just don't understand why people want to kick Hasselbeck to the ground and then step on him. He is an ultimate pro. Great leader, teammate and all around good guy. Hear him give interviews locally. You will understand why...
He makes some bad throws. He checks down. yes we know.
But it is just funny when Locker does it "Great play, take what they give you."
Hasselbeck.... "Man why didn't he throw it 80yards down the field!"

I just don't understand the desire to beat up on a solid player for us.

The game against Buffalo was Hasselbeck's 150th start. It would have been Locker's 10th. Of course people would be excited if our would-be franchise QB's 10th start was as good as Hasselbeck's 150th.

Nobody is questioning Hass's professionalism, savy, interview skills, leadership, etc. None of that has anything to do with Hasselbeck's on-field performance, which tops out at "acceptable" these days.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
The game against Buffalo was Hasselbeck's 150th start. It would have been Locker's 10th. Of course people would be excited if our would-be franchise QB's 10th start was as good as Hasselbeck's 150th.

Nobody is questioning Hass's professionalism, savy, interview skills, leadership, etc. None of that has anything to do with Hasselbeck's on-field performance, which tops out at "acceptable" these days.

His on field performance still isn't worthy of some the ill will he gets on this board in my opinion.
He has done more good than bad in my view of it.

Maybe it's others fault for expecting more than he is giving. He is in the later stages of his career. He is a back up QB. Yet people expect him to be a young Peyton Manning on the field.

He is a back up that has helped us win 2 games.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game by CJ2K was the first time CJ2K showed up this season. I've been telling my roommate that the way CJ had been running this season, he'd be gone from the Titans next year, but this game... if CJ keeps this up, not only will he return to top 5 discussion, but he'll be a dominating force and stay on the Titans. I realize there was good blocking and all that, but he just ran HARD this game compared to previous games.

Matt Hasselsuck still sucks though. If the Buffalo safety had any sort of hands, we'd have lost that game. Getting lucky against the Steelers and the Bills with dropped INTs does not make him a good quarterback. We've been winning despite him, not because of him.

Hell, even my roommate has learned the "3rd and 10? Better throw a 3 yard pass" joke about Hasselsuck Laughing

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 36 of 37

Jump to: