Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Alex Boone appreciation thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
49ersfan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:23 am    Post subject: Alex Boone appreciation thread Reply with quote

Coming into the season, RG was one of the biggest question marks. Some suggested we sign Carl Nicks. Others suggested we draft Kevin Zeitler, Amini Silatolu, and even trade up for David DeCastro as he slipped. In house upgrades? It was Daniel Kilgore who we thought would win the job...some even thought we should slide Anthony Davis to RG and insert Boone at OT.

Instead, we switched Boone from OT to OG. Height be damned, i don't think its a stretch to say that Boone is currently playing like the best OG in football. He's dominating in the run and pass game. His presence is a direct benefit to Anthony Davis. And he can play OT too! He shut down the Giants pass rushers as both a RG and LT! He's effective and versatile. The best part...he's locked in for about 3 more years, and is only 25 years old!

Here's to Boone for not only answering a huge offseason question mark, but turning it into the strength of our team.

-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
rudyZ

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Insert oldman's applauding smiley]

Boone has been amazing. Davis stepped up big time too. I'm glad he proved me wrong, because I was one who campaigned for sliding him at RG (where I thought he'd be an instant probowler anyway). Davis really stepped up and become a great player in his own right, and Boone came in and did it as well.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
oldman9er

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great post, 49ersfan. Boone really has solidified our OL, and has quickly become a favorite 49er of mine.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too questioned the move, but now love it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boone has been great, but I've been more surprised by Goodwin's play.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Boone has been great, but I've been more surprised by Goodwin's play.
I'd have to guess that they are not mutually exclusive events. Goodwin was an All Pro in New Orleans when he had Nicks and Evans on his sides. Last year with Snyder to his right, he was not impressive to say the least but with Boone and Iupati, back to great form.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow hey how bout that an alex we can all agreen on. agreed w. rudyz thought he was to tall to play RG but man has he suprised me good thing hes locked up for 3 more years its gonna be hard to sign everybody in this line to longer contracts trhough

Psychlone

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex Boone's remarkable journey MM
Got to give Sing some credit despite his abominable coaching skills. Sure helped out this kid (and VD as well).
Quote:
Boone would undergo treatment for alcohol abuse and arrive three months later at the 49ers' post-draft minicamp as a noted "character risk." Then-coach Mike Singletary did not wait long to tell Boone what he expected. Singletary promised Boone, "I'm going to break you like a wild horse."

http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-san-francisco-niners/niners-talk/Alex-Boones-remarkable-journey?blockID=792369&feedID=5936

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: