Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 7 GDT Ravens @ Texans
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins?
Houston by a lot
24%
 24%  [ 6 ]
Houston by a little
40%
 40%  [ 10 ]
Ravens by a little
20%
 20%  [ 5 ]
Ravens by a lot
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 25

lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunnyracin wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
bunnyracin wrote:
did anyone else notice Brooks Reed playing ILB a lot ? Especially in dime packages

Is that what happened? I knew I saw Whitney out there alot but I couldnt seem to find Brooks, I guess cause I wasnt used to looking at MLB.

Yeah, it looked like Wade had Reed playing Cushing's role in dime packages where he will roam along the offensive line and look for a gap to blitz in the middle. And he also covered the middle

Maybe he listened to us! Reed is athletic enough!

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
62 tot, 2 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
DreDay80

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glover Quin is such a good player. If the dude had better hands and was a little bit faster he'd be a top 5 safety but we'll settle for top 10/12. I hope we retain him and put him as a bigger priority then Barwin. The dude's excellent in run support, a sure tackler, and very good in coverage. Get it done Rick.
treece300e

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreDay80 wrote:
Glover Quin is such a good player. If the dude had better hands and was a little bit faster he'd be a top 5 safety but we'll settle for top 10/12. I hope we retain him and put him as a bigger priority then Barwin. The dude's excellent in run support, a sure tackler, and very good in coverage. Get it done Rick.

I agree. It took him a bit to adapt, but I love the way he plays now. With Mercilus starting to show up, it might make Quin a higher priority. While I'm sure it's happened, I can't recall a single missed tackle this year by Glover, he seems to always bring the ball-carrier down which is one of the most important traits for the position.

Barwin also showed up today, and it's definitely not time to deem him replaceable by Mercilus. However, I think looking at the starting production vs. backup production between the two positions, it's a no-brainer to make Quin a higher priority at this point in the season. However, Barwin did come on stronger later in the season, and with Watt and Smith getting a little more attention now, Barwin should start getting to the QB more.
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

treece300e wrote:
DreDay80 wrote:

I agree. It took him a bit to adapt, but I love the way he plays now. With Mercilus starting to show up, it might make Quin a higher priority. While I'm sure it's happened, I can't recall a single missed tackle this year by Glover, he seems to always bring the ball-carrier down which is one of the most important traits for the position.

Barwin also showed up today, and it's definitely not time to deem him replaceable by Mercilus. However, I think looking at the starting production vs. backup production between the two positions, it's a no-brainer to make Quin a higher priority at this point in the season. However, Barwin did come on stronger later in the season, and with Watt and Smith getting a little more attention now, Barwin should start getting to the QB more.

Yeah, I think I brought this up last year, but one of the biggest differences in the defense now is that every single player knows how to tackle. Anybody remember 80yd TD runs with 4 missed tackles? Doesn't happen anymore.
Deep roots are not reached by the frost
amazingandre

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
treece300e wrote:
DreDay80 wrote:

Yeah, I think I brought this up last year, but one of the biggest differences in the defense now is that every single player knows how to tackle. Anybody remember 80yd TD runs with 4 missed tackles? Doesn't happen anymore.

That Steve smith catch (both of them) still gives me nightmares.
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inb4 Apollodamus talks about the correct prediction that we needed more Mercilua
Deep roots are not reached by the frost
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post game thoughts:

- NOW THAT IS HOW YOU ANSWER THE BELL!!!

- If this is what a game looks like when Ax2 is in the audience, we need to spring for season tickets for Tim and Teresa. Our Wisconsin friends make the trip to Houston, have a great time with one of our best ambassadors in DawgTx, and watch the best Texans peformance in franchise history. I got $5 in on a pot to send Tim/Teresa to EVERY Texans game. Who's in?

- Connor Barwin, THERE art thou. People were starting to weep and gnash at the teeth (myself included) at the lack of Barwin, and what does Connor do? Go out and make the play of the game; The Texans looked hesitant and unsure of themselves early on, but when the Texans were able to pin the Ravens back, Barwin decided to chalk up a sack on the stat sheet, and two on the board. Is it just me, or did that play represent a hugh sigh of relief for the entire team - not only Barwin getting the sack, but the Texans showing they can play well?

- That 25 yard TD pass to Kevin Walter was a LASER. Three step drop, checked off his first option, looked quickly at his outlet, then unleashed a beastly throw to KW for the TD. You heard that pass just cut through the dead air in Reliant Stadium, just a fastball that was more Roy Oswalt vs Matt Schaub. Just a fantastic throw.

- That #59 is pretty good. Should get more PT. What's his name again? Ahh, yes...Whitney Mercilius, our 1st round pick. While some might be mad that we haven't seen Geth Prime (Mass Effect reference) in action, it's telling in several ways: It tells me that we're really gonna wait with him to ensure the game doesn't overwhelm him, and we're really confident in our starters. Rightfully so.

- Much harder to write this up after such a prominsing win, to be honest. You fellas know I'm more of a "glass half empty" guy, and there's really no things for me to harp on after such a resounding win, with spotlights on you and the weight of the AFC on your shoulders. As I said, this was a game where you had to answer the bell, and the Texans did so.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again Ax2 for the great GDT! I am gathering some more stuff for our bye week thread, and should have it up sometime this week. Very Happy

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
Thanks again Ax2 for the great GDT! I am gathering some more stuff for our bye week thread, and should have it up sometime this week. Very Happy

Worst weekend of the year..... Crying or Very sad

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:

Worst weekend of the year..... Crying or Very sad

Thank goodness for the Texans. Baseball Cardinals and College Football Bears had tough weekends with the stakes high. Although I didn't have a dog in the hunt, even the Aggies loss to LSU was a tad depressing since all the post game events were around sad Ags. 2 close fantasy games and Game 7 baseball tonight as well so hopefully I didn't waste all my sports mojo running it up on the Ravens. Cards World Series & Texans tops in AFC + another amazing Baylor run would almost be too much good fortune to take, so I guess it's okay Baylor's D continues to remind me of the 2010 Texans.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
Dawgtx

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="EliteTexan80"]Post game thoughts:

- If this is what a game looks like when Ax2 is in the audience, we need to spring for season tickets for Tim and Teresa. Our Wisconsin friends make the trip to Houston, have a great time with one of our best ambassadors in DawgTx, and watch the best Texans peformance in franchise history. I got $5 in on a pot to send Tim/Teresa to EVERY Texans game. Who's in? [quote]

You have my $5, plus, i'll buy the 1st couple of rounds if we wanna meet up!
bmore4life815

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great performance.

You guys are a classy bunch, and I wish you the very best of luck the rest of the way. But, given how much better you are than every other team in the AFC, I'm sure you won't be needing it.

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgtx wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
Post game thoughts:

- If this is what a game looks like when Ax2 is in the audience, we need to spring for season tickets for Tim and Teresa. Our Wisconsin friends make the trip to Houston, have a great time with one of our best ambassadors in DawgTx, and watch the best Texans peformance in franchise history. I got $5 in on a pot to send Tim/Teresa to EVERY Texans game. Who's in?

You have my $5, plus, i'll buy the 1st couple of rounds if we wanna meet up!

We can meet up at Twin Peaks Laughing

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

JJ Watt to Ray Rice on ESPN's Sunday Soundtrax: "I've eaten burritos bigger than you."

Laughing Awesome

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

JJ Watt to Ray Rice on ESPN's Sunday Soundtrax: "I've eaten burritos bigger than you."

Laughing Awesome

I saw that on ESPN, thought it was hilarious. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16

Jump to: