Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 7 GDT: Cowboys @ Panthers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers11 wrote:
james.mcmurry13 wrote:
iknowcool wrote:
Williams is ticked off on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/DeAngeloRB/with_replies

Is lashing out at the fact he only got two carries, stating the obvious in how we're oddly enough paying him $43 million to do nothing, etc. And he made it pretty obvious that he'd be saying even more if it wasn't for the fact he has to "censor" himself in a way.

Players are now not believing in the offensive philosophy. Things are going to only get worse, sadly.

If he wants more carries, he should try running for more than 3.6 per carry.

While I agree, the type of runs with the shotgun ruin him.

Exactly. Why did we bring Tolbert in if we arent going to ever line up in the I or Pro and actually use him?

Get Cam under center. For gods sake, if he cant drop 5 or 7 steps by now we are sunk.

CK on the sig
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OneBadCat wrote:
james.mcmurry13 wrote:
OneBadCat wrote:
iknowcool wrote:

Is lashing out at the fact he only got two carries, stating the obvious in how we're oddly enough paying him $43 million to do nothing, etc. And he made it pretty obvious that he'd be saying even more if it wasn't for the fact he has to "censor" himself in a way.

Players are now not believing in the offensive philosophy. Things are going to only get worse, sadly.

2 Carries is ridiculous but in all honesty Deangelo has underperformed when given the football this year. They might be considering a trade for him, and if he's going to start lashing out it might actually happen.

Nobody will trade for him. He'll get cut, then someone will sign him in the middle of camp to a 1 year deal.

Yep, then he'll go on to rush for 2,500 yds and 16 TD's in a season and be hailed the greatest of all time.

lol. He'll go somewhere like Green Bay, rush for a few hundred yards, and fade into the sunset.
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Williams has a lot more twitter fanboys than I thought. I tweeted at him, and now have 50 people attacking me Laughing
Moody

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Williams wasn't worth the money in the first place but his lack of production is because of the offensive scheme in my eyes. An NFL network analyst pointed out how much the option hinders the runningback's vision and it makes tons of sense. Cam essentially decides where Williams runs and it isn't usually very good.

The offensive line isn't really doing anyone any favors either though. Which was to be expected.

Hurney and Rivera better stash some guys on IR soon or else people will realize they suck.
cpanthers178990

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
Wow. Williams has a lot more twitter fanboys than I thought. I tweeted at him, and now have 50 people attacking me Laughing

Quote:
@DeAngeloRB Don't worry, you'll be cut this offseason. Good luck finding a team dumb enough to pay you again.

Assuming you're that jmac guy on twitter, you did go over the line man. That's harsh, especially for our all time leading rusher.
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GG guys - lot of points left out there by both teams but atleast it was entertaining

Sig courtesy of mack.
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpanthers178990 wrote:
james.mcmurry13 wrote:

Quote:
@DeAngeloRB Don't worry, you'll be cut this offseason. Good luck finding a team dumb enough to pay you again.

Assuming you're that jmac guy on twitter, you did go over the line man. That's harsh, especially for our all time leading rusher.

Yeah, I'll agree I went a bit far. Wasn't really expecting a response at all. But a lot of the responses are pretty funny.
cpanthers178990

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
cpanthers178990 wrote:
james.mcmurry13 wrote:

Quote:

Yeah, I'll agree I went a bit far. Wasn't really expecting a response at all. But a lot of the responses are pretty funny.

They were probably all still emotional from the game, It's just rough being a Panthers fan right now.
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives
Moody

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, who thought the Panthers would be in contention for the first pick in the draft?

This is the definition of not getting the job done. I'm almost worried if they start winning because of the long term ramifications of keeping Hurney. They just love to award mediocrity. I think the Panthers have the lowest win percentage since 2008?

Quote:
"The past couple of games have been the same script, by the same director," Newton said. "Itís kind of getting boring. This taste, this vibe ó Iím not buying it, man. And I donít know what it is, but somethingís going to have to change. Somethingís going to have to change real fast."

I don't see this quote as out of line. This team clearly lacks something. I don't believe they can pull out close games and they've done nothing to prove otherwise. I don't even feel excited during the game because I just know the 4th quarter collapse is almost guaranteed.
Cypher

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpanthers178990 wrote:
james.mcmurry13 wrote:

Quote:

It was harsh, and probably too far....but it's also accurate. We vastly, vastly overpaid for D-Will, love him or hate him.

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron
fretgod99

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
OneBadCat wrote:
james.mcmurry13 wrote:
OneBadCat wrote:
iknowcool wrote:

2 Carries is ridiculous but in all honesty Deangelo has underperformed when given the football this year. They might be considering a trade for him, and if he's going to start lashing out it might actually happen.
Nobody will trade for him. He'll get cut, then someone will sign him in the middle of camp to a 1 year deal.
Yep, then he'll go on to rush for 2,500 yds and 16 TD's in a season and be hailed the greatest of all time.
lol. He'll go somewhere like Green Bay, rush for a few hundred yards, and fade into the sunset.
Tolbert makes that block on Ware and Williams probably houses it. Can't do much when you have no blocking or you're constantly running laterally out of the shotgun.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
fretgod99

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't have a problem with punting late against Atlanta. But seriously, on one of these 4th and 1s, we could maybe line up and just run the frickin' ball what with our new FB and giant running QB? Would be nice. Just man up and run the damn ball.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
Moody

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does the offense still run the option despite all the evidence that teams have figured it out, despite the money they've put into the running back position, and the fact that the offensive line is torn to shreds?

It defies all logic.
boondock

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
I didn't have a problem with punting late against Atlanta. But seriously, on one of these 4th and 1s, we could maybe line up and just run the frickin' ball what with our new FB and giant running QB? Would be nice. Just man up and run the damn ball.

Like Cam said, it's the same script, by the same director, and it's getting boring.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to see Newton under center to start the game in Chicago.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 15 of 17

Jump to: