Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Weeden is the real deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 44, 45, 46  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
candyman93

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Not sure why I still go into the NFL Gen forum. There are so many posters ignorantly posting hate on Weeden (though i guess that happens here too Laughing ).

A lot of people in the GDT from Thursday were impressed with Weeden and thinks he has what it takes.

You also still have the same random haters just ragging on him for no reason... Jrry, El Ramster, Etc....

Just not sure why the randomly hate but O well.

Why does anyone read Steelerspower posts? The guy is viewed as a joke on this site. He can't type English and half his posts are rants on Goodell.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Not sure why I still go into the NFL Gen forum. There are so many posters ignorantly posting hate on Weeden (though i guess that happens here too Laughing ).

A lot of people in the GDT from Thursday were impressed with Weeden and thinks he has what it takes.

You also still have the same random haters just ragging on him for no reason... Jrry, El Ramster, Etc....

Why does anyone read Steelerspower posts? The guy is viewed as a joke on this site. He can't type English and half his posts are rants on Goodell.

I honestly don't even know why I keep arguing with him.

#JDI
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:

I honestly don't even know why I keep arguing with him.

nugpimpen wrote:
Steelerspower wrote:
The pick of Weeden was a desperate move

If the browns would have added their 22th pick in their offer, they would probably have RGIII

Unfortunately for the Browns, they will need a new QB in 2013, but the problem is that Matt Barkley is overrated

1. The Browns DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD offer the 22nd pick.

The Browns beat the Rams offer but it was after the deadline.

2. If by desperate you mean we were desperate to end the worst turnstile of a position by any team in the NFL over the past 2 decades, then yes we were desperate.

3. There is nothing wrong with Weeden. We won't need a new QB next year. I do actually agree with Barkley not being that good, though that doens't matter because we won't be picking a QB next year.

4. You have no idea what your talking about when it comes to Weeden. Game 1 was definitely terrible, since then he has been improving and already looks to have the most potential of any QB we have had in years.

5. Weeden's adjusted completion % from drops and throw aways is over 68%. 13% of his throws have been dropped. If our receiver could catch the damn ball, we probably would have won on Thursday.

nugpimpen wrote:
Steelerspower wrote:
Quote:
3. There is nothing wrong with Weeden. We won't need a new QB next year. I do actually agree with Barkley not being that good, though that doens't matter because we won't be picking a QB next year.

4. You have no idea what your talking about when it comes to Weeden. Game 1 was definitely terrible, since then he has been improving and already looks to have the most potential of any QB we have had in years.

5. Weeden's adjusted completion % from drops and throw aways is over 68%. 13% of his throws have been dropped. If our receiver could catch the damn ball, we probably would have won on Thursday.

Weeden is 28 years old and this is a big problem...He has only one QB who is older than Weeden in the AFC north and this is a two time super bowl champions QB

also, the browns had the chance to drafted Julio Jones and RGIII in the last two years....If the browns would have made a better offer than the redskins before the deadline, RGIII would be a browns

Quality is more important than quantity and the future would be brighter with Julio Jones and RGIII in the lineup

If we had Jones then we wouldn't have had the pick for RGIII.

28 years old is not THAT big of a problem. Look at the # of QB's playing till their mid 30's. I don't mind using a late 1st on a guy who can stabilize the position for 5 years or more.

Also, i misspoke, we actually offered the same as the Rams before the deadline but they won out anyway. It was reported that it was due to the relationship between Shanny and Fisher that led them to put the Rams over the top.

We offered at least 4,22 next years 1st and 2nd.

We can't finish deals that aren't agreed to.

Ditch coming in strong as well to help out. Love it

#JDI
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZambo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So where are the Weeden haters and what are the reasons now?

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012
Drew_Carey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZambo wrote:

I dont think there are any Weeden haters in this forum as he is showing positive development, and if he continues there wont be. As it should be.
NickZambo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew_Carey wrote:
NickZambo wrote:

I dont think there are any Weeden haters in this forum as he is showing positive development, and if he continues there wont be. As it should be.

Interesting...

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012
tricklogic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew_Carey wrote:
NickZambo wrote:

OH they'll show, just wait until his next rookie mistake. He's bound to still have really good games and bad games.
Drew_Carey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tricklogic wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:
NickZambo wrote:

OH they'll show, just wait until his next rookie mistake. He's bound to still have really good games and bad games.

If he has bad games he should be boo'ed. I really dont see the problem with that.
DawgX

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew_Carey wrote:
tricklogic wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:
NickZambo wrote:

If he has bad games he should be boo'ed. I really dont see the problem with that.

On this forum, he'll be called a bust and will be overly criticized the next time he has a bad game. Many people on this forum are overly dramatic, unfortunately.

Adopt-a-Brown: Alex Mack

Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tricklogic wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:
NickZambo wrote:

I'll qualify myself as a pretty severe Weeden hater. If he continues to progress as he has over the last few weeks then I will happily admit I was wrong about him.
brownsfan214

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgX wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:
tricklogic wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:
NickZambo wrote:

On this forum, he'll be called a bust and will be overly criticized the next time he has a bad game. Many people on this forum are overly dramatic, unfortunately.

I think I am one of those people. I have to say Weeden hasnt been half bad the last of couple games, after this game maybe he will finally be out of last place in Passer rating.

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.
tricklogic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hating on a player is different than being disappointed by his play or angry with his play in a game. Especially the blind criticism Weeden appears to receive after that first game. Half his interceptions on the season were in that one game Rolling Eyes I'm not saying he's an all-pro this season, but he's every bit as good if not better than any rookie QB that's come out the last few seasons.

I can't wait to see highlights tomorrow, I'm sure it's going to be almost all first half Andrew Luck highlights. And maybe that garbage play at the end the 4th just to seal the garbage we put on the field.... You know that way it looks like we were handled. Even though Brandon Weeden had a QBR around 100.
JCBrowns21

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
tricklogic wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:
NickZambo wrote:

I'll qualify myself as a pretty severe Weeden hater. If he continues to progress as he has over the last few weeks then I will happily admit I was wrong about him.

Not a Weeden hater, hated selecting him 22nd overall. With that said, he's showing great improvement and this week was his best game. Granted the Colts have a terrible defense, but he only made one poor decision and we had 0 turnovers.

He's becoming more consistent and comfortable. Still believe we go on a bit of a run for the second half of the season.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody has a terrible defense against us until we learn how to run the ball. We become one dimensional playing from behind and we have way to much of a propensity to give up on the run.

Vince Lombardi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 23 of 46

Jump to: