Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Possible Trade-Deadline Deals Buccaneers should make:
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:37 am    Post subject: Possible Trade-Deadline Deals Buccaneers should make: Reply with quote

I know the trade deadline isn't exactly hopping at this time of year. However, I think Tampa can and should make a move. There are 3 options, in my opinion, that could help this team out in the future and suggestions to make only 1. I know some will see 3 and say no way they make 3 moves, blah blah.

What I'm saying is, 1 of the 3 options, I think, should definately be conisdered.

Option #1. Trade mid round pick, 4th-5th round to Kansas City for DE/DT Glenn Dorsey.
- Why? Bucs lack depth at the defensive line. Roy Miller has been very good for us this year, along with Gary Gibson spelling him in rotation. However, Miller has recently been experiencing back spasms and Dlineman get beat up during a full course 16 game season.

Dorsey would be a steal. Kansas City is in dissaray from management to through coaching staff. He's not exactly a good fit as a 3-4 LDE and RDE either. He needs to be in a 4-3. He's not going to re-sign in Kansas City, so why not take a chance on him? Him lining up next to McCoy could really cause fits for opponents.

Option #2: Trade 4th round pick to Dallas for CB Mike Jenkins.

- Why? Even with Talib in the lineup, our secondary has been terrible. The quality of depth isn't very good. Biggers has filled in solidly against Washington and Kansas City, but neither teams WRs nor KC's QB situation really was an actual test.

Talib will most likely be brought back for the rest of the season, unless Dominik is wowed by an offer higher than a 3rd rounder. Wright has been very good for us, but he's been battling a sore back since the start of the season as well. Talib can't be trusted either, who knows what he can do in 3 remaining weeks he has to be away from the team.

Jenkins would give us a starting Cailber CB added to the rotation.

And....Option 3:
- Bucs trade Talib , only for a day 2 pick, if it's offered.
We've seen teams make deals like this out of desperation. The Green Bay Packers, a Super Bowl Contender, are a team that first comes to mind because that secondary is atrocious to the point a move needs to be made if they want to win this year.

However, I don't see the Bucs moving Talib unless it's for a draft pick iun the first 2-3 rounds for 2013. I don't think he's a part of there future plans, but he's cheap this year and who knows, maybe a team gives him a huge contract in the off-season and we get a 3rd round compensation pick in 2014.

Unless Dominik gets an offer he can't turn down, pretty much similar to what Indianapolis gave up for Vontae Davis, then this deal probably doesn't happen.
RB4TampaBay

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R&P,

Very interesting, we certainly are thin at the DLine as well as the DB's.

I think that if I could only have one choice, I would opt for #3, as I think that Talib is gone next year anyway, and if we can get by without him for the next few games and do OK, why not trade him and get something for him? (I'd settle for a box of Snickers bars). Laughing

Good food for thought. Wink
BBando

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ld love Dorsey. He still hasn't played in the system he should be.

garbage
ravishingone

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like your options presented. Another option I would offer is trading Trueblood for a late round pick. It is obvious the coaching staff doesn't believe Jeremy can be anything more then a RT. Dotson has played both tackles spot and Meredith is also capable of playing tackle. Larson is available as a back-up for the interior line, and I believe they have an O-lineman on the practice squad.

I see Trueblood being possibly moved because he won't be back next year, an UFA at the end of the year, and is an experienced starter at RT which I believe teams will give something to get.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see any team trading for Trueblood. Sorry.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
I can't see any team trading for Trueblood. Sorry.

Or Talib

I think we would have to give them draft picks so teams can put those 2 on their practice squads
Get on the yearly Buc carousel. Start off trash. Look better by mid season. Win 2-3 games at the end of the season. Get the 7th pick. Have what most fans consider a great draft and free agency. Start off trash again. Rinse and repeat
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rams are openly shopping their entire roster but long & laurinitis/Jenkins.
scottonatable

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

getting DORSEY would be huge i think.. it would really benefit McCoy in the pass rush.. I cant stop thinking about this now...BRING DORSEY TO TAMPA
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottonatable wrote:
getting DORSEY would be huge i think.. it would really benefit McCoy in the pass rush.. I cant stop thinking about this now...BRING DORSEY TO TAMPA

Yeah. That's the only trade of the three I'd consider.

Adopt-a-Buc Lavonte David 12 Games | 133 Tackles (16 for loss) | 1 Sack | 4 PDs | 3 FFs | 1 FR
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be very happy with that Dallas Deal. I would prefer a third (given what the Colts got) but a 4th would be fine.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
LazyBoyFil

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
I would be very happy with that Dallas Deal. I would prefer a third (given what the Colts got) but a 4th would be fine.

Heck Jenkins would be better than anyone we'd draft in the 3rd or 4th

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LazyBoyFil wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Heck Jenkins would be better than anyone we'd draft in the 3rd or 4th
I believe you owe everybody in this forum a beer. Freeman threw for over 400 yards Sunday. Wink

On another note, we could sure use Jenkins because nobody is worth a damn. They've made too many mistakes this year as a unit. Cut ties with Talib and go sign Brent Grimes in the off-season. Grimes, Johnthan Banks, Wright, Biggers, and Gaitor we should be straight.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
LazyBoyFil wrote:
I believe you owe everybody in this forum a beer. Freeman threw for over 400 yards Sunday. Wink

Pay up, man. Very Happy

Adopt-a-Buc Lavonte David 12 Games | 133 Tackles (16 for loss) | 1 Sack | 4 PDs | 3 FFs | 1 FR
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jenkins has been GREAT for us this year. He is playing is his pro-bowl 2010 forum. But he is buried in the depth chart. Carr/MO are starters Scan is our NCB (Mike is better on the outside, but not the Nickle).

The problem is this is his contract year and the price we will offer him will be much less than another team that NEEDS him to be the starter.

It would be nice to see Jenkins return to Tampa. I expect we will be awarded a 3rd compensation pick for him - but I would much rather trade straight up now.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
5nick5

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Jenkins has been GREAT for us this year. He is playing is his pro-bowl 2010 forum. But he is buried in the depth chart. Carr/MO are starters Scan is our NCB (Mike is better on the outside, but not the Nickle).

The problem is this is his contract year and the price we will offer him will be much less than another team that NEEDS him to be the starter.

It would be nice to see Jenkins return to Tampa. I expect we will be awarded a 3rd compensation pick for him - but I would much rather trade straight up now.

The trade makes too much sense. Went to USF, went to a pro bowl, he's better than Biggers and Wright, it makes too much sense. I even like Jenkins better than Talib, Talib's sucked this year. I don't think Jenkins will be shutting down corners, but he'll be serviceable at the least.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: