Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

College football / 2013 NFL draft prospect thread

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Gmen


Joined: 20 Jul 2007
Posts: 15658
Location: Myyyyy precioussss
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: College football / 2013 NFL draft prospect thread Reply with quote

7 weeks into the college football season, I figured it's time we started one of these threads. I know there are some college fans around here. I usually watch it only when there is a NFL prospect of interest playing.

So, who looks good out there? Who would you like to see on the Giants in the near future?
_________________


"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dkebones


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 3658
Location: Giants fan in the Seahawk's backyard...
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, hey, i'll take this opportunity to be the first to go out on the "dream" limb...



i know, i know...let a guy dream... Laughing
_________________
“I feel sorry for people who don’t drink. They wake up in the morning and that’s the best they’re going to feel all day.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gmen4ev


Joined: 07 Sep 2009
Posts: 21504
Location: In west Philadelphia born and raised
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will be coming here to learn about prospects ... know little to nothing about college football

Other than I want Manti Te'o Laughing
_________________


Not a Knicks fan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Gmen4ev


Joined: 07 Sep 2009
Posts: 21504
Location: In west Philadelphia born and raised
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:
well, hey, i'll take this opportunity to be the first to go out on the "dream" limb...



i know, i know...let a guy dream... Laughing


Only guy I know from college Laughing

Would be ecstatic if we could somehow get him
_________________


Not a Knicks fan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Save The Hero


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 7605
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Te'o is a complete beast. Lost 10 lbs this year and now is a man in coverage also. Always was a great run stopper.

Chase Thomas from Stanford was very impressive as a 3-4 OLB this game. Was everywhere.
_________________

^Stone85 on the sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gmen


Joined: 20 Jul 2007
Posts: 15658
Location: Myyyyy precioussss
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched the Notre Dame game and Teo once again shows that he's a beast. But, he won't be there at 32.

What positions do you think the Giants need to address? For me...

1. OL : don't care if it's a guard, or tackle. But we need a young talented player along the line. Age is sneaking up on these guys quickly.

2. DT : Linval Joseph good. Chris Canty is coming off a knee injury. Marvin Austin has quite frankly been a disappointment. We can't keep bringing back Rocky Bernard to bail us out.

3. CB : Prince and Hosely show promise. But Thomas is a goner. Webster is slowing down quickly. In a passing league, we need more talent at the position.

4. DE : Osi looks like a shell of his former self, as does Tuck. We need some young hungry players at the position. Wouldn't be surprised if Reese went after a passrusher in round one again.
_________________


"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gmen4ev


Joined: 07 Sep 2009
Posts: 21504
Location: In west Philadelphia born and raised
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
I just watched the Notre Dame game and Teo once again shows that he's a beast. But, he won't be there at 32.

What positions do you think the Giants need to address? For me...

1. OL : don't care if it's a guard, or tackle. But we need a young talented player along the line. Age is sneaking up on these guys quickly.

2. DT : Linval Joseph good. Chris Canty is coming off a knee injury. Marvin Austin has quite frankly been a disappointment. We can't keep bringing back Rocky Bernard to bail us out.

3. CB : Prince and Hosely show promise. But Thomas is a goner. Webster is slowing down quickly. In a passing league, we need more talent at the position.

4. DE : Osi looks like a shell of his former self, as does Tuck. We need some young hungry players at the position. Wouldn't be surprised if Reese went after a passrusher in round one again.


little confident there are ya Laughing

Prety much agree with everything ... we need to stack our lines this year
_________________


Not a Knicks fan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
NYGiantsman10


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 9907
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would go:

OT
CB or safety (Giants always run out of healthy guys in the secondary)
DT (can always use more guys to rotate)
DE (go after a guy maybe from a smaller school who has good pass rushing tools. He can learn how to play the run later)

Also, if there was another version of Legatron Greg Zuerlein, id absolutely burn a 5th on him
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Rase


Joined: 23 Jan 2009
Posts: 6986
Location: Warsaw,Poland
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:
I would go:

OT
CB or safety (Giants always run out of healthy guys in the secondary)
DT (can always use more guys to rotate)
DE (go after a guy maybe from a smaller school who has good pass rushing tools. He can learn how to play the run later)

Also, if there was another version of Legatron Greg Zuerlein, id absolutely burn a 5th on him


YES!! Agree 1000% Smile
A guy like Hopkins would be nice Smile
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rase


Joined: 23 Jan 2009
Posts: 6986
Location: Warsaw,Poland
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on the "Sky Dawson" bandwagon. He's a late round prospect IIRC but the kid is so fast it's just unfair. Plus, he's also a pretty good returner Smile
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group