Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

T-Sizzle is back! Activated, WILL make debut vs. Houston

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KiddKillah

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: T-Sizzle is back! Activated, WILL make debut vs. Houston Reply with quote

I think it deserves it's own thread. It's quite amazing, has he mad history for fastest recovery from an an achilles tendon? I would think so.

Quote:
Ravens activated Terrell Suggs (Achilles) off the PUP list, and he will play on Sunday in Houston.

It's a surprising development, as many in the football universe thought that the Ravens would hold Suggs out through the team's Week 8 bye. Baltimore cut 2010 second-round pick Sergio Kindle to make room on the 53-man roster. ESPN's Adam Schefter nailed the Suggs news from the jump. Suggs will look to energize a Baltimore pass rush that has recorded just 10 sacks on the season and a defense that just lost Ray Lewis and Lardarius Webb for the season.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/245044/ravens-activate-suggs-(achilles)-off-pup-list

Let the havoc begin Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

* In a kind of surprising move, we cut Sergio Kindle in order to make room for him.

2010 draft looks like one of the worst ever in Ravens history now.

Kudos 2 Mike Matt 2011 On The Sig
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm more nervous than excited, I think. At least as far as him possibly playing this week goes.

Obviously, the Ravens coaches know far more than we do about the situation, but I'd feel far more comfortable if they just let him get back into the swing of things on the practice field until week 9 at the earliest.

Regarding Kindle, I guess it's tough how circumstances sometimes conspire against you, but I can't argue against the decision to cut him. He's really not shown much of anything to suggest he can make an impact on the team.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider

Ravens cut sergio kindle and activate linebacker terrell suggs doesn't mean suggs is playing though on sunday for kindle end of rough tenure

All they're doing is placing Suggs on the active roster, it doesn't mean he will play. At first I was surprised that they cut Kindle then I thought about it and then it wasn't much of a chock. Kindle has done absolutely nothing and the fact that he's barely been active this season when they needed him the most says a lot. The 2010 draft wasn't really that bad.

Sergio Kindle
Terrence Cody
Ed Dickson
Dennis Pitta
David Reed
Arthur Jones
Ramon Harewood

The fact that Kindle is the only player left not on the team (Reed will probably be cut soon too) isn't good though. Both the team and him got dealt such a crappy hand when he hurt his head. The concerns about Kindle's knee was what let him drop to the top of the second round (remember the slight controversy over that pick when the Ravens time ran out and New England hurried up and took Gronkowski?) but his talent never materialized after missing all that time his first season and then having the lockout during what would have been his first full training camp.

Oh well, time to move on. I don't care what the team has invested in the position recently they need to add explosive athleticism to the pass-rushing unit. I'm not expecting a DL in that mold so an OLB seems more likely. Dion Jordan come on down!
KiddKillah

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider

Ravens cut sergio kindle and activate linebacker terrell suggs doesn't mean suggs is playing though on sunday for kindle end of rough tenure

All they're doing is placing Suggs on the active roster, it doesn't mean he will play. At first I was surprised that they cut Kindle then I thought about it and then it wasn't much of a chock. Kindle has done absolutely nothing and the fact that he's barely been active this season when they needed him the most says a lot. The 2010 draft wasn't really that bad.

Sergio Kindle
Terrence Cody
Ed Dickson
Dennis Pitta
David Reed
Arthur Jones
Ramon Harewood

The fact that Kindle is the only player left not on the team (Reed will probably be cut soon too) isn't good though. Both the team and him got dealt such a crappy hand when he hurt his head. The concerns about Kindle's knee was what let him drop to the top of the second round (remember the slight controversy over that pick when the Ravens time ran out and New England hurried up and took Gronkowski?) but his talent never materialized after missing all that time his first season and then having the lockout during what would have been his first full training camp.

Oh well, time to move on. I don't care what the team has invested in the position recently they need to add explosive athleticism to the pass-rushing unit. I'm not expecting a DL in that mold so an OLB seems more likely. Dion Jordan come on down!

Nearly seven months after tearing his Achilles tendon, reigning NFL Defensive Player of the Year Terrell Suggs will play in the Baltimore Ravens' game against the Houston Texans on Sunday, NFL Network has learned.

Quote:
Nearly seven months after tearing his Achilles tendon, reigning NFL Defensive Player of the Year Terrell Suggs will play in the Baltimore Ravens' game against the Houston Texans on Sunday, NFL Network has learned.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000082508/article/terrell-suggs-will-play-for-baltimore-ravens-vs-texans

Kudos 2 Mike Matt 2011 On The Sig
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would trust anything Wilson says over anybody else.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
I would trust anything Wilson says over anybody else.

Same.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know I'm really optimistic. They say he looked really good in practice. So if he is Sizzle again, having that second elite player getting after the QB sould open up things for Upshaw, Kruger, and McPhee. And McClain and Ellerbe are both capable. I think by the time the playoffs get here we can be a better team than we were last Saturday.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
dcarey20

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2010 wasn't a bad draft, Kindle was just one of the worst picks we've ever had. No stars, but just about everyone outside of Kindle are solid contributors.

Cody is a good rotational lineman who fits our defense, Pitta looks like a decent #1 at TE for the future.

Dickson has regressed this year but I still have faith that he'll get it together and be a nice complimentary TE.

Reed didn't work out, but Arthur Jones is another solid rotational guy, and I can't complain one bit about Harewood as the 7th round project pick. I'll take 2010's draft.

As for Sizzle, great news, we need him now more than ever.
drd23

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I'm glad he's back, I'm tempering my expectations somewhat.

I think it's more likely he comes back in 2009 type form (the year he came into camp overweight and only got 4.5 sacks for the season) given that he probably hasn't been able to do a whole heap of lower body strength exercises to build back up his explosion off the snap.

However, I'll be more than happy to be proven wrong

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
NJ Raven

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More nervous about rushing him back than anything else.
bmore4life815

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be much more comfortable with him debuting against Cleveland, but we can only hope for the best here.

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
While I'm glad he's back, I'm tempering my expectations somewhat.

I think it's more likely he comes back in 2009 type form (the year he came into camp overweight and only got 4.5 sacks for the season) given that he probably hasn't been able to do a whole heap of lower body strength exercises to build back up his explosion off the snap.

However, I'll be more than happy to be proven wrong

Right now, I'd be happy if he was simply able to help stop the defense being gashed every time the ball is handed off to a RB.

And if he can possibly help them generate a bit of pressure on the QB when he's attempting to throw, then that would be an added bonus.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"It's" coming, and "it" looks extremely out of shape.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
Nucky

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Glad we finally got rid of Kindle.

I'm not too thrilled about this at all. But only Suggs knows how he feels. And Suggs with one leg would help our crappy pass rush.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: