Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Making our D better?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Pretty sure you mean Sylvester Williams, not Jones. Sylvester Williams is a man. A man that will probably be a 1st rounder when push comes to shove.
Confused Who are you talking to?

If I want anyone from FSU it's the DE, Bjorne or whatever his name is.

I was talking to Osprey, who listed off some DTs he liked and said Sylvester Jones. Sylvester Williams is probably the most versatile DT in this class and he doesn't get talked about.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Pretty sure you mean Sylvester Williams, not Jones. Sylvester Williams is a man. A man that will probably be a 1st rounder when push comes to shove.

I was talking to Osprey, who listed off some DTs he liked and said Sylvester Jones. Sylvester Williams is probably the most versatile DT in this class and he doesn't get talked about.
Ah. I want a 5 tech capable of playing UT on passing downs.

I know Red has been big for us in the past, but I really think we need to upgrade him, or at least get a backup in here who can create some pressure from our base scheme.

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

Ah. I want a 5 tech capable of playing UT on passing downs.

I know Red has been big for us in the past, but I really think we need to upgrade him, or at least get a backup in here who can create some pressure from our base scheme.

Williams probably isn't ideal for what you're talking about. He's more of a Brandon Mebane clone. Great rusher for the NT position, great run stuffer, and plays NT in the 3-4 package.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's your view of Sheldon Richardson?

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:

Absolutely. That was a typo. I was mixing his name with Chris Jones.

I just finished a mock draft (7 rounds), but I haven't posted it yet and I have Sylvester Williams as the #32 pick to Atlanta. I have Lotulelei, Hankins and Jenkins all ahead of him, but they are NT's. I also have Kawann Short being taken ahead of him, but I have him going to the Niners as a DE.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

I just finished a mock draft (7 rounds), but I haven't posted it yet and I have Sylvester Williams as the #32 pick to Atlanta. I have Lotulelei, Hankins and Jenkins all ahead of him, but they are NT's. I also have Kawann Short being taken ahead of him, but I have him going to the Niners as a DE.

Well that's good, because Short has bust written all over him Laughing But Williams is a NT as well?
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
What's your view of Sheldon Richardson?

I really like Richardson. He has a great first step and is a fierce pass rusher, but he sometimes gets overly agressive and it leads to penalties. He can be a bit of a headcase and that is the one concern I have about him. Other than that, I love the guy he also makes a ton of tackles and does well against the run.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

Well that's good, because Short has bust written all over him Laughing But Williams is a NT as well?

You and I can agree to disagree about Short. I love the guy. He reminds me a little of Warren Sapp the way he gets after the QB.

Williams may be a NT in college, but at 6'3 305 lbs and with the pass rushing ability that he shows, I don't think it would be fair to pigeon hole him into a role that he doesn't really fit in, when it comes to the NFL. The truth is, he is way more versatile than a typical NT. In the NFL, a NT is mainly a "space eater". A huge guy who can take on multiple blockers in the middle and open holes for the pass rushers. That doesn't really describe Williams. He is more of an every down DT who can move from NT in a 4-3 scheme to UT, because of his natural abilities. That's where I see him.
seaducks

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we can draft Dion Jordan, if he didnt work out on the line or as a LBer he could always take browners spot Shocked

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonathan Banks loos like a guy we might get to replace Browner. A tall, aggressive corner with a big frame, just what Pete likes.

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chpjns15 wrote:
Jonathan Banks loos like a guy we might get to replace Browner. A tall, aggressive corner with a big frame, just what Pete likes.

I wouldn't spend a first rounder on a corner. Banks is a mid to late first rounder, possibly early second, at worst.
bobob123

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you guys think that Sergio Kindle is worth a look?, From what I remember about him coming out a couple years ago is he was a good pass rusher and at 6'-3", 250Lbs he has the size to play SLB in this defense... that means we "could" move Wright to WILL, or even move Wright to MIKE and Wagner to WILL..

anyway the Ravens have released him to make room for Suggs on the active roster...
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/20/kindle-can-be-claimed-until-monday-at-400-p-m-et/

"Guess what! I got a fever, and the only prescription, is MORE COWBELL!!" - Christopher Walken
Tooki

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
chpjns15 wrote:

I wouldn't spend a first rounder on a corner. Banks is a mid to late first rounder, possibly early second, at worst.

Plus replacing Browner is an indulgence pick at this point. Browner is far from an issue in regards to our overall team.

And I would be all for picking up Kindle. It would be a no-risk pick, but I doubt that Pete will move KJ given how Leroy Hill is playing.

And I would prefer to move KJ to WLB. I feel that Bobby is our future at MLB.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chpjns15 wrote:

I strongly doubt he falls to where we'll be choosing. I think he's a top 15 pick.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobob123 wrote:
Do you guys think that Sergio Kindle is worth a look?, From what I remember about him coming out a couple years ago is he was a good pass rusher and at 6'-3", 250Lbs he has the size to play SLB in this defense... that means we "could" move Wright to WILL, or even move Wright to MIKE and Wagner to WILL..

anyway the Ravens have released him to make room for Suggs on the active roster...
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/20/kindle-can-be-claimed-until-monday-at-400-p-m-et/

From what I've heard from Ravens fans, he's not even worth a glance. Doubt he'd have any shot on this team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: