Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ray Lewis out for the Season with complete Tricep tear
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^If the defense is playing well without Ray going into the playoffs do we bring him back or let him sit? I know if Ray is anywhere near 100% he'll want to go, but in that situation couldn't bringing him back just blow up the chemistry?

I know this is a fairly large "if", but it's fun to speculate.

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravens_rool28 wrote:
^^^If the defense is playing well without Ray going into the playoffs do we bring him back or let him sit? I know if Ray is anywhere near 100% he'll want to go, but in that situation couldn't bringing him back just blow up the chemistry?

I know this is a fairly large "if", but it's fun to speculate.

I bring him back.

If the ILB play is looking really nice, we'll still see those guys out there in some sort of rotation. Lewis starting would only solidify our depth at the position in the playoffs.

And honestly, I'm still convinced that this was supposed to be Ray Lewis' last season... and that may still be the plan. Many in the media assumed that when Ray told Ngata that he'd be returning, that he meant returning for his 18th NFL season in 2013... but I'm not. It appears looking at the updated information that Lewis expects to be back THIS season. I still think that Lewis wants to be there for his son next year.

So basically, if Lewis comes back and is healthy enough to not get hurt, I want him playing. I think this season will be our last look at Ray Lewis once he returns. And I'll sacrifice an UDFA out of the starting lineup to have the best middle linebacker (and potentially the best linebacker) in NFL history out there with this team as we start our path to the Super Bowl.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: