Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Our Free Agents
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. V wrote:
Poz is having a poor year so far relative to last season.

All things considered, I wouldn't exactly say that.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
iPwn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagman777 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Torry Holt was a 7 time Pro Bowler and two time All Pro.
Kampman was a two time All Pro/Pro Bowler.
Pos was an alternate.

Kampy, Pos and Session were all big name Free Agents with what was thought to be prime years left.

torry holt was over the hill and everyone knew he was basically done. weak.

kampman was another player over the hill, i don't know how you could say he was thought to have "prime" years left, though he was expected to at least produce some if not for his injuries. again though, not really comparable to a top ten wideout in their prime.

Poz is your best example, but again, a solid MLB compared to a top ten WR in their prime.. no comparison. Session is not what i would call a big name free agent.

none of those guys would command the amount of money as the free agent wideouts you listed, so again, the situations aren't comparable. Aint gonna happen pablo. I wish it would, but it won't. Perhaps another GM would take that kind of initiative, I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Surprised

Holt was brought up to combat the idea that Gene doesn't sign Pro Bowlers.

No, they aren't going to cost as much as Mike Williams, but how many players period have signed for that amount of money anywhere since Gene took over? 3? 4? And several of them have been dead on failures, like Mario Williams so far. Gene not being one of a select few to spend that money, and on guys that turned out to suck doesn't prove that he's not willing to break the bank for a player. Him spending over $100 million in '11 on Free Agents does support that he's willing to roll the dice in Free Agency though. He hasn't been afraid to spend good money on guys that he thinks are going to be quality players.

Who would have thought that Mark Dominik was going to go get Carl Nicks (47.5 million), Vincent Jackson ($55 million), Dallas Clark ($2.7 million), Eric Wright ($37.5 million) and everyone else he signed last offseason after how he had handled the FO previously? Or what did Gene do in his first two offseasons to suggest that he would spend the money he did in 2011?

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley

Last edited by iPwn on Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr. V

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Mr. V wrote:

Why? I feel like he's trying to do to much instead of just doing his job and it's exposing him.

Thank you daboyle250 for the sig.
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. V wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Mr. V wrote:

Why? I feel like he's trying to do to much instead of just doing his job and it's exposing him.

It seems like he's trying to do too much when he is playing next to Kyle Bosworth instead of Daryl Smith? You don't say

Mr. V

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Mr. V wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Mr. V wrote:

It seems like he's trying to do too much when he is playing next to Kyle Bosworth instead of Daryl Smith? You don't say

Doesn't mean the original statement is wrong Wink.

Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. V wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Mr. V wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Mr. V wrote:

Doesn't mean the original statement is wrong Wink.

Poz has still performed pretty well. That shouldn't be overshadowed, but it has been.

JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poz hasnt played well without Daryl Smith next to him...has his responsibilties changed in his absense?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Poz hasnt played well without Daryl Smith next to him...has his responsibilties changed in his absense?

No, he has played well. He's just being put into the group that hasn't done well by association. Sometimes he tries to overcompensate for the inabilities of Bosworth (and to an extent Allen) which can take him out of position, but for the most part he has continued to make an impact and make plays (in a lot of ways that don't show up on the stat sheet).

JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

No, he has played well. He's just being put into the group that hasn't done well by association. Sometimes he tries to overcompensate for the inabilities of Bosworth (and to an extent Allen) which can take him out of position, but for the most part he has continued to make an impact and make plays (in a lot of ways that don't show up on the stat sheet).

i can understand the overcompensation thing because of those around him. Sucks that he isnt playing with Smith and Sessions

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryl Smith is out for another week too.

Tugboat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

This is bang on what i've seen. I've seen a competitive guy trying to do too much to fix the problems around him...which a)doesn't work. and b)makes him look worse in terms of what HE is supposed to be doing.

Our LB corps is lol-worthy without Smith and Sessions. It's bad news, and the fact our D-Line hasn't exactly held up their end of the bargain on a consistent basis, hasn't helped.

Poz is a very good 4-3 MLB when he's put in a position to play to his skillset. Where he can move the the point of attack and stuff guys in the hole. Our DT's, DEs, and OLBs haven't been anywhere close to good enough this year, and it really seems to have Poz outside his comfort zone where he can excel, trying to worry about and fix others' mistakes.
Tugboat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

This is bang on what i've seen. I've seen a competitive guy trying to do too much to fix the problems around him...which a)doesn't work. and b)makes him look worse in terms of what HE is supposed to be doing.

Our LB corps is lol-worthy without Smith and Sessions. It's bad news, and the fact our D-Line hasn't exactly held up their end of the bargain on a consistent basis, hasn't helped.

Poz is a very good 4-3 MLB when he's put in a position to play to his skillset. Where he can move the the point of attack and stuff guys in the hole. Our DT's, DEs, and OLBs haven't been anywhere close to good enough this year, and it really seems to have Poz outside his comfort zone where he can excel, trying to worry about and fix others' mistakes.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. V wrote:
Daryl Smith is out for another week too.

I'm wondering about that TE they got, Myers or something. He seems to be a favorite target underneath for Palmer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: