Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ed Reed, the last straw?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalcolmBrown

Location: 2013 Adopt a Brownie: Leon McFadden: 1 solo tackle, 1 assist
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:05 am    Post subject: Ed Reed, the last straw? Reply with quote

This article popped up late last night on the AFC North Blog on ESPN.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/57154/if-ed-reed-is-hurt-he-should-take-a-seat

Do you think you can afford to bench him, even if it is affecting his play?

Reppin in Athens, Ohio AKA South Cleveland
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just typical Ed -- he loves to talk to the media and shock everyone. If he's hurt, it's likely he hasn't said anything to the team beforehand. The Ravens have always listed players even with the slightest of issues, and they'd serve no benefit to not list Ed if he were hurt, specifically an injury of this magnitude (if true).

As for sitting him, it would really come down to Ed's call most likely. Even hurt, he's the best FS we have, so it's not as if we have someone that could step in and be even half as effective. But, if sitting him for 3-4 weeks means he's 100% later in the season, I think that'd be the best approach personally.

^ I don't quite get why simon made this my losing sig about the Chiefs. I don't think I've made a single post in this forum.

XBL GT: kanxalanx
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
This is just typical Ed -- he loves to talk to the media and shock everyone. If he's hurt, it's likely he hasn't said anything to the team beforehand. The Ravens have always listed players even with the slightest of issues, and they'd serve no benefit to not list Ed if he were hurt, specifically an injury of this magnitude (if true).

As for sitting him, it would really come down to Ed's call most likely. Even hurt, he's the best FS we have, so it's not as if we have someone that could step in and be even half as effective. But, if sitting him for 3-4 weeks means he's 100% later in the season, I think that'd be the best approach personally.

If this were true... and Pees is smart, he would adjust his defense by having our corners play press man, with Reed playing the deep ball and Pollard take a LB read step forward just in case of a run and if not a run than drop a) into a deep zone to cover the intermediate area if he's at the LOS.. or if he's simply in the box than b) take a shallow drop into a zone to cover the intermediate middle, with extra attention being placed to the #1 TE.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine us then. Bisciotti probably keeps that much money next to the cereal. Hensley needs to STFU though with this sitting Reed garbage.

That's pretty crazy if true. I thinkl that's the same injury that made Jameer Nelson miss from the All Star break to the NBA Finals.

Free Ray Rice
sp6488

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^Probably a much more serious injury in basketball.

This is typical Reed as has been mentioned above.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing that it's a chronic, or at least long-standing condition. So perhaps it's not technically supposed to be on the injury report because it's not a new or notable injury.

Wasn't Ed playing with an injury all last season, and not appearing on the injury reports?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm beginning to think that Ed Reed gets so bored out there in coverage that he says stuff like this so that QB's test him; and then he picks them off 3 times.

SteelKing728 wrote:
I got Andrew Luck winning MVP this year

Official stalker victim of Harper41.
sp6488

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
I'm beginning to think that Ed Reed gets so bored out there in coverage that he says stuff like this so that QB's test him; and then he picks them off 3 times.

I'm hoping Smile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Yea, I certainly wouldn't change my gameplan. If I see Ed Reed on the field, he still scares me. But if I was running with the ball, I wouldn't be afraid to test his tackling ability.

spiritoftruth

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If only there was some kind of senzu beans or something we could give to Ray and Ed to rejuvenate their bodies.

NextBigThing wrote:
I am a Patriots fan, I know all about excellence.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha I hope I'm not the only one who knows what you're talking about.
MilleniumD2000

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dragon ball Z that's taking it back haha, I wonder what the recovery time is if Reed had surgery to repair it. Wait isn't this the same injury Farve had when he was with the Vikings?
sp6488

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting back and forth between Jamison Hensley and Glenn yunes about the Ed Reed story. Didn't think that it needed its own thread.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CC0QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fbaltimoresportsreport.com%2Fed-reed-injury-jamison-hensley-glenn-younes-espn-1057-the-fan-33427.html%3Futm_source%3Drss%26utm_medium%3Drss%26utm_campaign%3Ded-reed-injury-jamison-hensley-glenn-younes-espn-1057-the-fan&ei=bH6BUMGPJcLL0AGUn4G4Ag&usg=AFQjCNFvwPZ-cOKSRKiwvUQXXSY_rO6Dcw&sig2=u9Ls3YG-YLRNEcnNWNI89Q

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
Interesting back and forth between Jamison Hensley and Glenn yunes about the Ed Reed story. Didn't think that it needed its own thread.

Yea, I don't really see a need to bicker in a public forum, if they have a problem with each other, they should call. Bottom line is, Ed Reed is the one who said he was injured. That's really the only meat of any of this. It's up to the league to decide if there's any wrong doing as far as the team reporting the injury in the Injury Report. And obviously there is no talk of benching him, so it must not be that bad.

diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CC0QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fbaltimoresportsreport.com%2Fed-reed-injury-jamison-hensley-glenn-younes-espn-1057-the-fan-33427.html%3Futm_source%3Drss%26utm_medium%3Drss%26utm_campaign%3Ded-reed-injury-jamison-hensley-glenn-younes-espn-1057-the-fan&ei=bH6BUMGPJcLL0AGUn4G4Ag&usg=AFQjCNFvwPZ-cOKSRKiwvUQXXSY_rO6Dcw&sig2=u9Ls3YG-YLRNEcnNWNI89Q

Hensley is wrong and just trying to save face. Their may be a conflict of interest here, but the fact remains that the Radio Station broke the news. So even if he doesn't give credit to Yunes, he could give credit to the station as an entity. Moreover, if Hensley truly had an issue with the journalistic standards used by this media entity in reporting this news about Reed, than he should have refused to take on the story in the first place. Hensley is a weasel.

He stole the breaking news and truth be told, I hope it blows up in his face... as in, Reed doesn't truly have a torn labrum....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: