Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Andy Reid replacement speculation thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TRUTH

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Andy Reid replacement speculation thread Reply with quote

I see that their is a thread devoted to Andy already but I feel like this deserves it's own thread.

Obviously we all know Andy is under fire and that this year his seat is the hottest it's ever been and starting the 2013 season with a new coaching staff is a very high possibility.

I just want to hear everybody's thoughts on who should lead the team next season. Who should stay who should go?

My thoughts:

I honestly think we should take a look at Chip Kelly at our head coach next season. I look at out roster and think this is a group that should be the most explosive unit in the league. I think Chip would bring a more consistently explosive offensive approach. He loves to get his talent in space and run the ball. If their was an NFL team who had the personnel to fit Chip Kelly's system it's the Eagles. Obviously running the shotgun spread every down won't work in the league but I think Kelly is smart enough to know that and will adapt his scheme to fit the league. I think that he would add a huge boost to the organization and would be a great fit for the team. With that being said I think we should keep the defensive staff intact, keep Bowles as DC and keep Washburn as well. The defense has started to gel and I think another year together and it can be a top 5 unit across the board.

So what are your thoughts?
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No to Kelly, those types of offenses don't work in the NFL.

Rick Dennison, or depending on how the defense plays, Todd Bowles, especially if Karl Dorell is his OC.
baconrad3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah....No Chip Kelly. His offense would not translate to the NFL.

I agree with Eagles Fan53681....Dennison or Bowles for me.

Ideal situation to me would be hiring Dennison as HC and keeping Bowles on as DC.

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
Ideal situation to me would be hiring Dennison as HC and keeping Bowles on as DC.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Meco

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chip Kelly
Jay Gruden
Casey Bradley
Pepper Johnson
Rob Ryan
Winston Moss
Bill Cowher
Mike Pettine
Brady Hoke
David Shaw
Bill O'Brien
Kyle Shanahan
Rick Dennison
Todd Bowles
Pete Carmichael

And that's all I got.
Meco

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:

The Washington Redskins disagree. Also it should be noted that both Pete Caroll and Bill Belichik conferred with Chip Kelly over the offseason for tips on offense. Also, the assumption that Chip Kelly would do everything in the NFL exactly as he does it at Oregon is an incredibly foolish one.
Kiltman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote Dennison

I want our offense to be like the Texans so we can utilize the running game way more. They've had a decent track record for finding and developing talent down there so though I don't know how much he had to do with it I gotta give him some credit.

I'd love to have a defensive minded coach, But offense is number one in this league.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:

The Washington Redskins disagree. Also it should be noted that both Pete Caroll and Bill Belichik conferred with Chip Kelly over the offseason for tips on offense. Also, the assumption that Chip Kelly would do everything in the NFL exactly as he does it at Oregon is an incredibly foolish one.

Exactly my point, as stated in my original post, he's smart enough to adapt his style to the NFL
Meco

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we hired Jay Gruden and drafted Matt Barkley, I think we could be really good really fast. Barkley is a perfect fit for Gruden's offense.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering the 2012 season isn't in the crapper yet, this may be a tad premature. If we make the playoffs somehow, Andy could be back for another season. However, if a new coach means a new starting QB, then so be it.

I would have to take a closer look at possible candidates to give a good answer, but some of the best options have already been mentioned.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
If we hired Jay Gruden and drafted Matt Barkley, I think we could be really good really fast. Barkley is a perfect fit for Gruden's offense.

<3

I would endorse that, along with crazy amounts of touches for Shady and his back-up.
Meco

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pepper Johnson is one of my favorite under the radar guys. Link.

Quote:
When New England Patriots defensive lineman Vince Wilfork talks about being coached by Pepper Johnson over the past six seasons, one of the main aspects he appreciates is the connection between coach and player.

Wilfork says he sometimes forgets that Johnson is a coach because his passionate, energetic approach almost makes it seem like hes on the field with them.

He is a players coach and a big part of that is that he actually played the game, Wilfork said. "A lot of things happen on the field, and because hes been in the same predicament as us, he understands exactly what we see and how blocking schemes develop. Its real easy to play for a coach like that.

It also makes it a lot easier for a group of guys in a room, when somebody is talking to them about playing a certain technique, or a fit here, when its coming from a guy who has done it. So those are different people the Xs and Os and then somebody talking Xs and Os who has played the game and understands it, like Pepper.

He was an NFL player and he has 25 year of NFL experience under his belt along with 5 superbowl rings on his fingers. He would instantly command respect. And as Vince Wilfork said, he's knowledgable, he's energetic and players love him. He's a favorite of mine.
ianlewis16

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Peterson.

Blahman88 wrote:
I control the EBB.......except Ian, no body can control him
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
Meco wrote:

<3

I would endorse that, along with crazy amounts of touches for Shady and his back-up.

Barkley is going to be garbage in the NFL, Foles will be better than him.
LOLKevinKolb

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not want Matt Sanchize. Sorry 808. Blech.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
And use the boners for soup to survive through the winter

Bird Watch: Keelan Johnson - one magnificent tackle

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 1 of 99

Jump to: