Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bye Week Mock Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bailey24broncos

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Bye Week Mock Draft Reply with quote

Free agents
Jasper Brinkley, MLB- I dont know how likely it is that he will be let go by Minnesota. But I have read that he has played pretty well in their nickel packages this year, and has shown some promise. If anybody else has watched him closely and has an opinion then please share. He was a highly rated prospect coming out of college until falling down draft board after a mediocre senior year I remember. I just feel like we need competition at MLB and the draft is very weak outside of Teo' and Ogletree(who I doubt Elway will even consider due to character concerns)
Zach Miller, TE- He has not been properly utilized since leaving Oakland. He is still young and I think he can come here and revitalize his career with Peyton. He will be a good option to have when Osweiler is ready as well.

Draft
Rd.1-DT Kawaan Short 6'3, 315, Purdue

I know we drafted Wolfe last year, but I still feel like this D is lacking a true impact player at the DT position who can disrupt the middle of the line and consistently stop the run.

Rd.2- SS Matt Elam 5'10, 205, Florida

This is my favorite safety prospect in the draft, and the most underrated player in the draft IMO. This guy is going to be an absolute stud in the NFL. If you have not watched film on him I suggest you do so. He plays with a lot of emotion, he can tackle as good as anyone, play man coverage on receivers in the slot, and he loves to hit people hard. Him teaming up with an emerging Rahim Moore can create one of the leagues best Safety tandems.

Rd.3- WR Aaron Dobson 6'2, 205, Marshall

Behind Decker and Thomas we are pretty thin in terms of receivers that can line up out wide. Dobson is a great physical talent with the ability to go up and get jump balls. This could be a steal this late in the draft. Much like last year there is a lot of talent at the receiver position that can be had in the middle rounds.

Rd.4- MLB Kevin Reddick 6'3, 240, North Carolina

Reddick has underachieved in his last two seasons after an excellent sophomore season. With his athleticism he should be a 2nd round pick but just hasn't lived up to expectations. We need competition at MLB, and Reddick has the potential to be a good LB in this league. I think with proper coaching he can prove to be a steal at this point. He also looked good in pass coverage in the limited film I saw of him.

Rd.6- RB Michael Dyer 5'9, 215, Arkansas Baptist

This is my dream pick. I know it is likely that he might return for his senior year but if he comes out and we don't take him in the late rounds I would be so pissed. This guy has all the talent you look for in a RB and would be a sure 1st rounder if it wasn't for bad decisions. In the 6th round is when you take a flyer on a guy like this and hope he can grow up. lots of kids make mistakes. He could be our feature back because it doesn't look like Hillman can carry the load.

Rd.7 OG Travis Bond 6'6, 340, North Carolina

This is nothing more than adding depth and competition to our interior O line that seems to be pretty weak.

Please share your thoughts. Add any insight you may have on these players as to why or why not you think they would be a good fit for our team.

Props to Walter on the awesome sig^
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some really good picks but let me dive in a little...

- You dont ever mention where you see us drafting. Late 1st or mid 1st?
- Zach Miller is the furthest thing from a good acquisition on this team. We have 2 starting TE's that have good rapports with Manning and 2 TE's are for development. Just doesnt seem like a good fit to me.

Kawaan Short is a great pick. Will likely be a late 1st and I think we'll be drafting there so thats a good selection.

Matt Elam is another solid pick. I agree with you that hes a very good player and is certainly on everyones radar. However, hes been a HUGE disappointment to UF since he was coming out of HS. Once a 5-star, who "had it all", now hes a "high-potential player with too much inexperience".

Kevin Reddick is not going to be a 4th rounder IMO. Hes a very solid player and one that a 3-4 team looking for a 2-down ILB will certainly take a look at. I dont like him in the 4-3 at all. Not enough instincts and not good enough in coverage to stay on the field for 3-downs.

Michael Dyer Being an Auburn fan it certainly depresses me that he didnt get his act together and finish his career in the Orange and Blue. He would have been a top-10 pick EASY if he just got his head right. That being said, he wont get drafted this year. No one will take a shot at him in the draft. Its the same thing that happened to LeGarrette blount, tons of potential but too big of a headache. Also, I dont think he's even thinking about getting draft. His uncles the boss now and he said Mike needs to get through college responsibilities before he gets in the spotlight again with the NFL in mind. He wont be getting drafted this year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: