Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Prospect Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 83745
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know its sad when the thing that is most exciting about this forum is the gifs and not the team
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Its A Sabotage


Moderator
Joined: 14 May 2010
Posts: 35450
Location: Do. Your. Job.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno Smith Thread here:
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=498454

RealityCheck's scouting report
http://nfldraftmonsters.com/scouting/scouting-report-geno-smith/
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sadjag


Joined: 02 Mar 2012
Posts: 1136
Location: jax
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadjag wrote:
ok, so on the assumption that we may be looking for a qb next year, and not being a huge fan of bray or wilson. I was looking at who else is out there. I found Geno smith and wow i was impressed hes got the arm the legs pocket prescence I might have a new man crush. He looks in college like I always wanted Garrard to look like. Anybody else done any research?
The biggest worry i have right now is that funky system they run and how well he can adjust.




I was only able too watch highlights from '10 and '11 but initial impression is good.


^^^^
I called it in May Cool
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr. V


Joined: 07 Sep 2011
Posts: 2697
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
iPwn wrote:
I watched some junior highlights of Geno the other night. I came away pretty damn impressed with his arm and his footwork. He fit the ball in NFL sized windows with ease on some of his deep balls.


If you want actual game videos, shoot me a PM and I can give you links to the best in the online draft biz at cutting them.


Hook me up too please.
_________________

Thank you daboyle250 for the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tugboat


Joined: 30 Mar 2011
Posts: 3579
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadjag wrote:
sadjag wrote:
ok, so on the assumption that we may be looking for a qb next year, and not being a huge fan of bray or wilson. I was looking at who else is out there. I found Geno smith and wow i was impressed hes got the arm the legs pocket prescence I might have a new man crush. He looks in college like I always wanted Garrard to look like. Anybody else done any research?
The biggest worry i have right now is that funky system they run and how well he can adjust.

I was only able too watch highlights from '10 and '11 but initial impression is good.




^^^^
I called it in May Cool


He does look great in college right now, but i'm still firmly refusing to completely board the bandwagon at this point. I want to see more, against better defenses, in clutch situations, in a more pro-translatable scheme. Kinda hard not to like the kid, and honestly, i do...but for this team to invest another HIGH 1st round pick in a QB this soon, he'd better be a surefire shot. I'm not sold on that yet.

Call me crazy, but i'd still rather roll the dice on a guy like Jones or Murray and just spend a high first on improving the rest of this team (or better yet, trade back for a huge ransom, and draft 3-4 1st/2nd round talents, and a QB with some potential in the later rounds (with work and luck).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 47555
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
sadjag wrote:
sadjag wrote:
ok, so on the assumption that we may be looking for a qb next year, and not being a huge fan of bray or wilson. I was looking at who else is out there. I found Geno smith and wow i was impressed hes got the arm the legs pocket prescence I might have a new man crush. He looks in college like I always wanted Garrard to look like. Anybody else done any research?
The biggest worry i have right now is that funky system they run and how well he can adjust.

I was only able too watch highlights from '10 and '11 but initial impression is good.




^^^^
I called it in May Cool


He does look great in college right now, but i'm still firmly refusing to completely board the bandwagon at this point. I want to see more, against better defenses, in clutch situations, in a more pro-translatable scheme. Kinda hard not to like the kid, and honestly, i do...but for this team to invest another HIGH 1st round pick in a QB this soon, he'd better be a surefire shot. I'm not sold on that yet.

Call me crazy, but i'd still rather roll the dice on a guy like Jones or Murray and just spend a high first on improving the rest of this team (or better yet, trade back for a huge ransom, and draft 3-4 1st/2nd round talents, and a QB with some potential in the later rounds (with work and luck).


I'll call you crazy on Jones. Murray might end up being a good pick in the 2nd. We'll see.

But Geno is a great prospect. Not Luck but he's a better thrower than RGIII and his release is gorgeous. It's what made me fall in love with him. He gets the ball out like Romo does. And it's a very rare and valuable asset.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tugboat


Joined: 30 Mar 2011
Posts: 3579
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Tugboat wrote:
sadjag wrote:
sadjag wrote:
ok, so on the assumption that we may be looking for a qb next year, and not being a huge fan of bray or wilson. I was looking at who else is out there. I found Geno smith and wow i was impressed hes got the arm the legs pocket prescence I might have a new man crush. He looks in college like I always wanted Garrard to look like. Anybody else done any research?
The biggest worry i have right now is that funky system they run and how well he can adjust.

I was only able too watch highlights from '10 and '11 but initial impression is good.




^^^^
I called it in May Cool


He does look great in college right now, but i'm still firmly refusing to completely board the bandwagon at this point. I want to see more, against better defenses, in clutch situations, in a more pro-translatable scheme. Kinda hard not to like the kid, and honestly, i do...but for this team to invest another HIGH 1st round pick in a QB this soon, he'd better be a surefire shot. I'm not sold on that yet.

Call me crazy, but i'd still rather roll the dice on a guy like Jones or Murray and just spend a high first on improving the rest of this team (or better yet, trade back for a huge ransom, and draft 3-4 1st/2nd round talents, and a QB with some potential in the later rounds (with work and luck).


I'll call you crazy on Jones. Murray might end up being a good pick in the 2nd. We'll see.

But Geno is a great prospect. Not Luck but he's a better thrower than RGIII and his release is gorgeous. It's what made me fall in love with him. He gets the ball out like Romo does. And it's a very rare and valuable asset.


I won't argue that. I wouldn't touch Jones in the 1st round value wise. Geno is a legit 1st round QB prospect.


But given where Jones might fall to, plus potential upside, i'm all on the Jones fumblewagon. I don't even care that he has serious warts, the guy can throw the ball like a stud, and you can call me crazy, but i think he'd fit really well in a Mularkey type offense that asks him to make a lot of quick short throws with confidence, a lot of play action and the occasional deep ball to keep teams honest. I mean, Jones is nothing if not confident in his arm. lol.


Obviously i'd take Geno Smith over Landry Jones all else being equal...but it's not. And honestly, i'd rather gamble on the longshot at this point...particularly a longshot i like.

Murray is much the same, for different reasons. It's not that i like him better than Smith as a draft grade, i just don't think this team can suffer a top-10 QB miss right now, and i'd rather roll the dice and cover it with a later round pick.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 46320
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching film on Geno.... I am in love.

Also noticed: The West Virginia o-line sucks.
_________________

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justo


Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 13370
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Watching film on Geno.... I am in love.

Two QB system? Could go three QB system. Cecil played some QB in college.


Other WR---------------T-G-C-G-T--------------BLACKMON
-----------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------CEC--GAB--GEN-----------------------
------------------------------MJD------------------------------

Cecil is left handed so he could roll left, Geno right so there's that.

Hire Chip Kelly, do this, profit.

EDIT: Only half kidding.
_________________
Webmaster wrote:
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Mr. V


Joined: 07 Sep 2011
Posts: 2697
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Watching film on Geno.... I am in love.

Two QB system? Could go three QB system. Cecil played some QB in college.


Other WR---------------T-G-C-G-T--------------BLACKMON
-----------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------CEC--GAB--GEN-----------------------
------------------------------MJD------------------------------

Cecil is left handed so he could roll left, Geno right so there's that.

Hire Chip Kelly, do this, profit.

EDIT: Only half kidding.


I want Chip Kelly LOL.
_________________

Thank you daboyle250 for the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sadjag


Joined: 02 Mar 2012
Posts: 1136
Location: jax
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Watching film on Geno.... I am in love.

Two QB system? Could go three QB system. Cecil played some QB in college.


Other WR---------------T-G-C-G-T--------------BLACKMON
-----------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------CEC--GAB--GEN-----------------------
------------------------------MJD------------------------------

Cecil is left handed so he could roll left, Geno right so there's that.

Hire Chip Kelly, do this, profit.

EDIT: Only half kidding.
You know we're looking for a GM, you busy??
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justo


Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 13370
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadjag wrote:
You know we're looking for a GM, you busy??

Community College can wait, mama; I'm following my dreams.
_________________
Webmaster wrote:
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Tugboat


Joined: 30 Mar 2011
Posts: 3579
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Watching film on Geno.... I am in love.

Two QB system? Could go three QB system. Cecil played some QB in college.


Other WR---------------T-G-C-G-T--------------BLACKMON
-----------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------CEC--GAB--GEN-----------------------
------------------------------MJD------------------------------

Cecil is left handed so he could roll left, Geno right so there's that.

Hire Chip Kelly, do this, profit.

EDIT: Only half kidding.


Laughing

If we're going to do that though, why not go all in and see if we can't acquire ourselves a TEBOW to add to the mix!!! Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sadjag


Joined: 02 Mar 2012
Posts: 1136
Location: jax
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
justo wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Watching film on Geno.... I am in love.

Two QB system? Could go three QB system. Cecil played some QB in college.


Other WR---------------T-G-C-G-T--------------BLACKMON
-----------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------CEC--GAB--GEN-----------------------
------------------------------MJD------------------------------

Cecil is left handed so he could roll left, Geno right so there's that.

Hire Chip Kelly, do this, profit.

EDIT: Only half kidding.


Laughing

If we're going to do that though, why not go all in and see if we can't acquire ourselves a TEBOW to add to the mix!!! Laughing
Alright now lets not get ridiculous
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justo


Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 13370
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
justo wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Watching film on Geno.... I am in love.

Two QB system? Could go three QB system. Cecil played some QB in college.


Other WR---------------T-G-C-G-T--------------BLACKMON
-----------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------CEC--GAB--GEN-----------------------
------------------------------MJD------------------------------

Cecil is left handed so he could roll left, Geno right so there's that.

Hire Chip Kelly, do this, profit.

EDIT: Only half kidding.


Laughing

If we're going to do that though, why not go all in and see if we can't acquire ourselves a TEBOW to add to the mix!!! Laughing


I don't see how you can add a full back to this formation TBH...
_________________
Webmaster wrote:
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 10 of 61

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group