Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2nd Annual No Soul Bowl (week 6)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hokie wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
Hokie wrote:
I would go with 6-10 now. I realize now that we're not doing anything this year.

What the hell are you talking about ?

Sure, we've blown the last two weeks, but if there's one thing I've learned about the NFL is to never take it for granted. It has a habit of smacking you in the nose when you think you've figured it out.

Were 3-3, and in the middle of the AFC play-off hunt. Nothing more, nothing less. The Ravens are atop the division by 2 games, but they've squeaked the last two games by a combined 5 points.

That's the NFL....

I hope they turn it around, but I'm definitely not holding my breath. The defense (outside of the D-Line) is awful and they look very average to me offensively. Schedule gets much tougher in the 2nd half. I don't see them finishing well.

I don't see a playoff team. If you think do, that's fine. Agree to disagree.

Sure, but just way too early to be talking about the playoff picture IMO.

Ravens are 2 games ahead sure, but they got a load of guys dinged today; (Webb, Ngata, Ray Lewis); and play HOU next. You just never know whats around the corner.

Big game v Steelers next week, and strangely, maybe the Steelers have some pressure on them next week for a change.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
No clue why Muck doesn't get playing time...

Was there a Moch sighting today ?
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

I saw him on a couple of plays. Speed looked good, but if an OT gets their hands on him he's done. Needs to learn how to disengage...
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

Muckelroy, not Moch. At this point Muckelroy should be playing MLB with Burfict staying at WLB. Rey Rey is done, at least here. Didn't we talk about this recently?
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
Rey Rey is done, at least here.

Not so fast my friend.

Rey has played badly so far, but he has been improving steadily.

Yesterday our front 7 stoned Richardson for only 37 yards on 14 lugs @ 2.6 per, and Rey was a big part of that. We lost it through the air yesterday.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:

Not so fast my friend.

Yesterday our front 7 stoned Richardson for only 37 yards on 14 lugs @ 2.6 per, and Rey was a big part of that. We lost it through the air yesterday.

And who is responsible for underneath coverage?
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the offense problems are due to lack of 3rd down conversions. A lot of that seems to fall on Gresham lately. Yes, he broke the long one, but on the next TWO drives, he dropped a third down swing pass/wheel route that would have gained over 20 yards minimum, and then a pass on second and long that they came up two yrads short on the next play. If he makes those plays, we might be up 21 points early. Just saying.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
Most of the offense problems are due to lack of 3rd down conversions. A lot of that seems to fall on Gresham lately. Yes, he broke the long one, but on the next TWO drives, he dropped a third down swing pass/wheel route that would have gained over 20 yards minimum, and then a pass on second and long that they came up two yrads short on the next play. If he makes those plays, we might be up 21 points early. Just saying.

Agree 100%, I've been saying this for a while. Too many mental mistakes from Gresham. That combined with the lack of a running game is killing this offense. We are always in 3rd and longs because BJGE is the suck.

We need to stop being "nice" and just bench Rey and Gresham. Muck and Charles deserve a chance. They might not get the job done either, but those two had their chance...
theJ

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:

Agree 100%, I've been saying this for a while. Too many mental mistakes from Gresham. That combined with the lack of a running game is killing this offense. We are always in 3rd and longs because BJGE is the suck.

We need to stop being "nice" and just bench Rey and Gresham. Muck and Charles deserve a chance. They might not get the job done either, but those two had their chance...

Being completely fair to BJGE, the line is not helping him at all. On almost all of his runs yesterday, he had to dodge a Cleveland defender in the backfield. The RB can't be successful unless they are making their first move 3-4 yards PAST the LOS, not before it.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:

Being completely fair to BJGE, the line is not helping him at all. On almost all of his runs yesterday, he had to dodge a Cleveland defender in the backfield. The RB can't be successful unless they are making their first move 3-4 yards PAST the LOS, not before it.

I think he hits the hole so slow and takes too long to decide where to go. That is the problem. We went from Benson hitting a hole too fast and never looking for the right hole to hit, to BJGE giving defenses enough time to recover before hitting a hole...
futbudds

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peerman looked good in his limited snaps. Anybody hear what the word is for Leonard's injury?
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:

Not so fast my friend.

And who is responsible for underneath coverage?

Sure, I hear ya, but I maintain Maualuga is improving from from what was a low base. He wasn't responsible for the long TD to Gordon (Nelson), or the busted coverage for the TE's TD (Crocker), or the short passes to Cooper, or any of the INT's. Rey is steadily improving IMO.

Credit where credits due, if you hold a guy like Richardson to 37 yards after having been burned by him in the last game, you gots to acknowledge it. The front 7 played well yesterday, including Rey.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:

Is right.

Dont know what the numbers where on 3rdD, but it will be awful. Those two drops by Gresham were gamebreakers. He's got to get his head outta his a$$ pdq.....

Giving Charles more snaps may focus his attention a little more.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
[Sure, I hear ya, but I maintain Maualuga is improving from from what was a low base. He wasn't responsible for the long TD to Gordon (Nelson), or the busted coverage for the TE's TD (Crocker), or the short passes to Cooper, or any of the INT's. Rey is steadily improving IMO.

Credit where credits due, if you hold a guy like Richardson to 37 yards after having been burned by him in the last game, you gots to acknowledge it. The front 7 played well yesterday, including Rey.

The run defense looked superb against Richardson but confused against hardesty for some reason. The problem with selling out tyo stop the run is play action passes back to the RBs underneath the secondary. Teams have been doing it all season long to us, and until we stop it, they will continue. lawson and Rey need to step it up big time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: