Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Accorsi's letter to Mara about Eli back in 2003

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blueNorange

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Accorsi's letter to Mara about Eli back in 2003 Reply with quote

spot on everything, that's exactly what eli is today .. this is from the book 'eli manning: the makings of a qb'

Quote:
WEARS LEFT KNEE BRACE… DURING PREGAME WARMUP, DIDN’T LOOK LIKE HE HAD A ROCKET ARM… AS GAME PROGRESSED, I SAW EXCELLENT ARM STRENGTH UNDER PRESSURE AND THE ABILITY TO GET VELOCITY ON THE BALL ON MOST THROWS. GOOD DEEP BALL RANGE. GOOD TOUCH. GOOD VISION AND POISE.

SEES THE FIELD… IN A SHOTGUN ON MOST PLAYS AND HIS ONLY RUNNING OPTION IS A DRAW… HIS OFFENSIVE LINE IS POOR. RED-SHIRT FRESHMAN LEFT TACKLE. ELI DOESN’T TRUST HIS PROTECTION. CAN’T. NO WAY CAN HE TAKE ANY FORM OF DEEP DROP AND LOOK DOWNFIELD. WITH NO RUNNING GAME (10 YARDS RUSHING THE FIRST HALF0 AND NO REAL TOP RECEIVERS, HE’S STUCK WITH THREE-STEP DROPS AND WAITING TIL THE LAST SECOND TO SEE IF A RECEIVER CAN GET FREE. NO TIGHT END EITHER. NO FLAIRING BACK. SO HE’S TAKING SOME BIG HITS. TAKING THEM WELL. CARRIED AN OVERMATCHED TEAM ENTIRELY ON HIS SHOULDERS. I IMAGINE, EXCEPT FOR VANDERBILT, HIS TEAM IS OVERMATCHED IN EVERY SEC [SOUTHEAST CONFERENCE] GAME… HE’S BIG, NEVER GETS RATTLED. RALLIED HIS TEAM FROM A 14-3 HALF-TIME DEFICIT BASICALLY ALL BY HIMSELF. LED THEM ON TWO SUCCESSIVE THIRD QUARTER DRIVES TO GO AHEAD, 17-16. THE FIRST TOUCHDOWN, ON A 40-YARD STREAK DOWN THE LEFT SIDELINE, HE DROPPED THE BALL OVER THE RECEIVER’S RIGHT SHOULDER. CALLED THE NEXT TOUCHDOWN PASS HIMSELF, CHECKING OFF TO A 12-YARD SLANT… MAKES A LOT OF DECISIONS ON PLAY CALLS AT THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE, BUT THEY ASK TOO MUCH OF HIM. THEY DON’T LET HIM JUST PLAY. THIS IS A GUY YOU SHOULD JUST LET PLAY… WHEN HE’S INACCURATE, HE’S USUALLY HIGH, BUT RARELY OFF TARGET TO EITHER SIDE… PLAYS SMART AND WITH COMPLETE CONFIDENCE. DOESN’T SCOLD HIS TEAMMATES, BUT LETS THEM KNOW WHEN THEY LINE UP WRONG OR RUN THE WRONG PATTERN… THREW THREE INTERCEPTIONS. TWO WERE HIS FAULT. TRYING TO FORCE SOMETHING BOTH TIMES. HE COULD HAVE RUN ON ONE OF THEM, A FOURTH DOWN PLAY. HE HAS A LOT TO LEARN.

SUMMARY: I THINK HE’S THE COMPLETE PACKAGE. HE’S NOT GOING TO BE A FAST RUNNER, BUT A LITTLE LIKE JOE MONTANA, HE HAS ENOUGH ATHLETIC ABILITY TO GET OUT OF TROUBLE. REMEMBER HOW ARCHIE RAN? IN THAT DEPARTMENT, ELI DOESN’T HAVE THE BEST GENES, ALTHOUGH I NEVER TIMED MOM OLIVIA IN THE 40. BUT HE HAS A FEEL FOR THE POCKET. FEELS THE RUSH THROWS THE BALL, TAKES THE HIT, GETS RIGHT BACK UP… HAS COURAGE AND POISE. IN MY OPINION, MOST OF ALL, HE HAS THAT QUALITY THAT YOU CAN’T DEFINE. CALL IT MAGIC. AS [FORMER BALTIMORE COLTS DEFENSIVE BACK] BOBBY BOYD TOLD ME ONCE ABOUT UNITAS, “TWO THINGS SET HIM APART: HIS LEFT TESTICLE AND HIS RIGHT TESTICLE”… PEYTON HAD MUCH BETTER TALENT AROUND HIM AT TENNESSEE. BUT I HONESTLY GIVE THIS GUY A CHANCE TO BE BETTER THAN HIS BROTHER. ELI DOESNT GET MUCH HELP FROM THE COACHING STAFF. IF HE COMES OUT EARLY, WE SHOULD MOVE UP TO TAKE HIM. THESE GUYS ARE RARE, YOU KNOW. PEOPLE WILL SAY HE ISNT CONFIDENT. PEOPLE WILL SAY HE IS SOCIALLY AWKWARD AND INCAPABLE OF LEADING. THEY ARE WRONG. THIS KID IS A WINNER. LET’S DO WHATEVER WE CAN TO GET HIM. IT WILL BE THE DIFINING MOMENT OF THE FRANCHISE.
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Your point being?

Adopt-a-Patriot: Malcolm Butler
Pats4ever

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably one of the weirdest post I have seen in a long time Smile
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do think this interesting to see what goes into the minds of decision makers when they make a selection. This is a really candid look into the Giants belief in Eli Manning... that being said, where did this come from? I don't see a link or any sort of credit given to a source.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
I do think this interesting to see what goes into the minds of decision makers when they make a selection. This is a really candid look into the Giants belief in Eli Manning... that being said, where did this come from? I don't see a link or any sort of credit given to a source.

http://www.amazon.com/Eli-Manning-The-Making-Quarterback/dp/1602393176

And this thread is obviously just a shameless plug for Eli.

This belongs in the Giants forum IMO. This thread is just going to be a magnet for homers and haters to argue.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was so confused when I saw Tz and 43 commenting on this Laughing
Eli(the)Manning

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is pretty much what I've been telling people for years! Countless times I've said: "If you want to know what makes Eli so special, just look at Johnny Unitas's testicles."
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eli(the)Manning wrote:
This is pretty much what I've been telling people for years! Countless times I've said: "If you want to know what makes Eli so special, just look at Johnny Unitas's testicles."

So sig worthy...

Sig courtesy of mack.
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Rivers...

That is all.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love seeing Rivers fall flat on his face more than anybody else in the NFL, and I'm sure you all know exactly why and feel the same way.
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
AAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Rivers...

That is all.

Fantastic watching him blow it like that Laughing

Not a Knicks fan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: