Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 6 GDT: Green Bay Packers vs Houston Texans
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
texansfan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ET nailed it on the head. Bad game but it is only one loss. Rodgers proved he is still the best QB in the NFL. Even when we had good coverage he was finding the perfect spot for the ball.

Tough one last night. Let's see how we bounce back.
bunnyracin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the highlight of the night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7peDlOKtXv4

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we borrow the Packers scouting department this offseason, they seem to hit on all their Wr's and DB's.......

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
62 tot, 2 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
ArodFanboy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Can we borrow the Packers scouting department this offseason, they seem to hit on all their Wr's and DB's.......

Only if you let us borrow Watt and Owen Daniels for a while. Laughing

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArodFanboy wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

Only if you let us borrow Watt and Owen Daniels for a while. Laughing

OD? Maybe. Probably not, guy has been money for us this season, our only consistent target in the passing game. Watt? Sorry, many apologies.

...however, may I interest you in some Antonio Smith and Garrett Graham? Laughing

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Marco79

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A silver lining from this game is that Andre seemed to get his groove back. Yes 8 catches and 75 yards isn't his usual dominant game but we made all of his catches and didn't drop anything. He would have had a TD if Schaub threw the ball just a little lower. But I was happy with what he did. He was very solid he just missed out on having one big play that would have made his stat line look like the old Andre and I believe those will just come with time. And he has had little trouble making big plays in earlier games so I think we should start to see the old Andre next week.

That play on 3rd down where he was running a slant and Schaub threw behind him and even though he had all his momentum going the opposite direction, he stopped, made the difficult catch and got the first down. That's the andre that we're all use to seeing.
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:

Why, you don't like taking a guy who should have been an UDFA in the 3rd round and then most likely spending the next 3 yrs. to develop him into a #4 WR that we could have had right away if we had just drafted someone else?
DreDay80

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marco79 wrote:
A silver lining from this game is that Andre seemed to get his groove back. Yes 8 catches and 75 yards isn't his usual dominant game but we made all of his catches and didn't drop anything. He would have had a TD if Schaub threw the ball just a little lower. But I was happy with what he did. He was very solid he just missed out on having one big play that would have made his stat line look like the old Andre and I believe those will just come with time. And he has had little trouble making big plays in earlier games so I think we should start to see the old Andre next week.

That play on 3rd down where he was running a slant and Schaub threw behind him and even though he had all his momentum going the opposite direction, he stopped, made the difficult catch and got the first down. That's the andre that we're all use to seeing.

Pretty sure he dropped 1 or 2 balls. Definitely at least one.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf6151 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

Why, you don't like taking a guy who should have been an UDFA in the 3rd round and then most likely spending the next 3 yrs. to develop him into a #4 WR that we could have had right away if we had just drafted someone else?

...or, Dwight Jones. Remember Dwight Jones? Me neither. Laughing

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again, we had a great GDT to chat about our Texans. Thanks TF713!

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
driftwood

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:

only recently we have hit on our DB's (thankfully, since it was becoming a very scarce area of depth behind woody & Tramon)

but we have been a WR factory for a few decades now it seems... always seem to draft well there
strat1080

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
driftwood wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
buckwild wrote:
driftwood wrote:
buckwild wrote:
All I know is I want Jordy Nelson in a Texans uniform next year. He is the perfect replacement for Kevin Walter, and he should not break the bank to sign.

hes still got 2 years on his 4 year deal iirc... you might be thinking of Jennings, him & driver are the only ones not under contract after this year

Wasn't Nelson drafted in 2008? So this should be the last year of his rookie contract, right? For some reason I thought he was going to be free after this year.

he re-signed at one point. he's not on his rookie deal anymore.

Right after the SB victory, if memory serves me correctly.

correct... in hindsight it was a great deal for the packers, but at the time it was a "front office confidence" deal & its certainly paid off for us. 4 years under 15 mill for a #1, not a bad deal for the pack

It's paid off, in spades. Nelson looks like the future of your WR unit, with Jones serving as one of the best #2 WRs in the league, and Randall Cobb getting into the Wes Welker/Percy Harvin slot WR role. Very diverse WR unit, with two guys on the outside who are physical and can make every catch, and a slot guy who is a threat every time he gets the ball.

Since the days of James Lofton, the Packers have always had some productive WRs, year after year: Lofton, Sterling Sharp, Robert Brooks, Antonio Freeman, Bill Schroeder, Javon Walker, Donald Driver, Greg Jennings...every time one of the guys dropped off, another one stepped in, had a 1000+/10+ season, and order was restored.

Now that Jennings is "dropping off" so to speak, you have Nelson and Jones to lean on. It's like an assembly line for WRs out there.

I think you can pin a lot of that on ultra high level QB play during that timeframe.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: