Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I like this Mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ImissEricGreen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: I like this Mock Reply with quote

1. Giovani Bernard RB 5'10 205 North Carolina
2. Jesse Williams DT 6'4 320 Alabama
3. Bacarri Rambo FS 6'0 218 Georgia
4. Alex Hurst OG/OT 6'6 340 LSU
5. Ray-Ray Armstrong SS 6'4 220 Faulkner Univ
6. Matt Scott QB 6'2 200 Arizona
7. Brandon Jenkins OLB 6'3 265 Florida State
Dook

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: I like this Mock Reply with quote

ImissEricGreen wrote:
1. Giovani Bernard RB 5'10 205 North Carolina
2. Jesse Williams DT 6'4 320 Alabama
3. Bacarri Rambo FS 6'0 218 Georgia
4. Alex Hurst OG/OT 6'6 340 LSU
5. Ray-Ray Armstrong SS 6'4 220 Faulkner Univ
6. Matt Scott QB 6'2 200 Arizona
7. Brandon Jenkins OLB 6'3 265 Florida State

RB Bernard in the 1st? I like him but I think we need help in other areas.

DT Jesse Williams in the 2nd? Okay, if they cut Ta'amu.

S Baccari Rambo was a heck of a player until he got suspended from college for failing drug tests.

OT Alex Hurst, he could backup right tackle, not sure if he could backup LT.

S Ray Ray Armstrong was cut from his team for accepting gifts.

OLB Brandon Jenkins won't fall to the 7th round because of injury, he'll probably go in the 2nd or 3rd round.
MOSteelers56

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't

gopherwrestler makes sigs I wanna make sweet love to
kethnaab

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only thing I like is a flier on Jenkins late.
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A flier on Jenkins? Pre-injury he was probably the best pure draft eligible pass rusher. With the Injury he should be a 2nd-4th round value. You guys want an OLB badly, that may be the perfect risk/reward type pick for us in the 2nd.

Williams is ok havent determined a true value for him yet. Rambo is a decent pick, he has shown improvement this year, 3rd is ok.

Dont like Hurst at all, and saw little reason to be interested in Armstrong.

Taking Bernard in the 1st is just crazy, more like a 5th round type pick for us. He's intriguing but nowhere near as excited about to this point as say Sproles coming out.

...you have a forum resume?
ImissEricGreen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
A flier on Jenkins? Pre-injury he was probably the best pure draft eligible pass rusher. With the Injury he should be a 2nd-4th round value. You guys want an OLB badly, that may be the perfect risk/reward type pick for us in the 2nd.

Williams is ok havent determined a true value for him yet. Rambo is a decent pick, he has shown improvement this year, 3rd is ok.

Dont like Hurst at all, and saw little reason to be interested in Armstrong.

Taking Bernard in the 1st is just crazy, more like a 5th round type pick for us. He's intriguing but nowhere near as excited about to this point as say Sproles coming out.
Williams is a high motor guy, reminds me of Glen Dorsey, could play NT/DT and would be a bonus pick regardless of 2nd or 3rd. Armstrong style of play is very tradition for a SS, its just would be hard to adjust to a SS thats not as quick & change the game like Polamalu.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOSteelers56 wrote:
I don't
my thoughts exactly... I like this:

1. TJ MacDonald, USC
2. Johnny Adams, MSU
3. Michael Mauti, ILB, Penn State
4. Kwamee Geathers, NT, Georgia
5. Baker Steinkuhler, DT/DE, Nebraska
6. Zac Dysert, QB, Miami of Ohio
7. Phillip Thomas, S, Fresno State
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, I don't think you guys realize on how valuable asset jesse williams have became.

Few things to look at; i'd absolutely love him in 2nd! I don't think he'll end up there. 1st round, maybe early on. Alabama haven't exactly faced a strong fbs contender for people to pay attention to this guy. I have watched him closely last year and this one too. I'll recap this much as I can.

He's easily the best 3-4 d-lineman prospect in the draft by a mile. Not only he moved from 3-4 de to nt for this season, he also displayed better awarness and constantly getting doubled, tripled-team by opponents.

This guy is a pure run-stuffer who has an athleticism of a nfl pass-rusher.

He's productive and plays his role very well.

i'd like to have him but I don't think he'll solve our problems at all, I do see steelers getting him if they continues the trend of investing at the trench.

Athletically and size-wise, he's Ngata 2.0.

Does he have the potential and awarness to play like ngata? Yes, but not immediately though and in lebeau's scheme, he'd not be a ngata version of ours- but casey hampton as well.

Now you ask me why is he going to be ranked high? Simple, the trend of first 3-4 prospect being drafted. Dontari poe was drafted at #13! And he's not even that productive in college, Jessee williams is. Has god-like strength and about same athleticism. He's also a three-downs player, this help!

Now I'm not trying to pimp him, but don't undervalue him because of the position he plays. He can play both 3-4 de and nt. Has strength, athleticism, and experience. Those factors would reward him big in the draft.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB in the 1st round is pure and absolute nonsense.

Even if we lose Mendy, it makes no sense.

First, we are a primarily passing team.

Secondly, while the running game is still important, no RB is going to be able to find consistent success behind our current OLine

Third, Bernard is extremely overrated.

Fourth., you dont need a first rounder to find a quality RB.

And fifth...we have many....MANY BIGGER needs.

And even if you scream BPA....RB will not be big enough of a need, nor will Bernard be the BPA.

If the Steelers take RB in the first 3 rounds of the 2012 draft...unless its amazing value....they deserve to lose going forward.

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
Lol, I don't think you guys realize on how valuable asset jesse williams have became.

Few things to look at; i'd absolutely love him in 2nd! I don't think he'll end up there. 1st round, maybe early on. Alabama haven't exactly faced a strong fbs contender for people to pay attention to this guy. I have watched him closely last year and this one too. I'll recap this much as I can.

He's easily the best 3-4 d-lineman prospect in the draft by a mile. Not only he moved from 3-4 de to nt for this season, he also displayed better awarness and constantly getting doubled, tripled-team by opponents.

This guy is a pure run-stuffer who has an athleticism of a nfl pass-rusher.

He's productive and plays his role very well.

i'd like to have him but I don't think he'll solve our problems at all, I do see steelers getting him if they continues the trend of investing at the trench.

Athletically and size-wise, he's Ngata 2.0.

Does he have the potential and awarness to play like ngata? Yes, but not immediately though and in lebeau's scheme, he'd not be a ngata version of ours- but casey hampton as well.

Now you ask me why is he going to be ranked high? Simple, the trend of first 3-4 prospect being drafted. Dontari poe was drafted at #13! And he's not even that productive in college, Jessee williams is. Has god-like strength and about same athleticism. He's also a three-downs player, this help!

Now I'm not trying to pimp him, but don't undervalue him because of the position he plays. He can play both 3-4 de and nt. Has strength, athleticism, and experience. Those factors would reward him big in the draft.

Definitely an overstatement, comparing him to Ngata is crazy, he's nowhere near as athletic as Ngata. He's a nice prospect I'll say that but the way you are stating as if he is even close to Dareus which isn't even true. First round is possible, he has nowhere near the track athleticism of Poe and that was one of the most overdrafted players in some time, true the search for great 3-4 NT's makes them go higher but the comparisons youve mentioned are out of line.

Gatoradus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:
Quote:
Definitely an overstatement, comparing him to Ngata is crazy, he's nowhere near as athletic as Ngata. He's a nice prospect I'll say that but the way you are stating as if he is even close to Dareus which isn't even true. First round is possible, he has nowhere near the track athleticism of Poe and that was one of the most overdrafted players in some time, true the search for great 3-4 NT's makes them go higher but the comparisons youve mentioned are out of line.

Ngata ran 5.13 in forty dash. Benches 225 for 37 reps. VJ of31.5

Jesse Williams (projected) to run 5.03 in forty dash. Already benches 225 over 50 reps. No information on vertical jump.

Guess your right, Ngata's athleticism isn't even close to Jesse's.

Dontari Poe ran 4.8 and benches 500 pounds. While Poe may be faster, doesn't relate his track record to onto the field and Jesse already benching 600 lbs!

Marcus Dareus? what are you talking about? I don't see any relation? I'm assuming you assumed I said the best 3-4 DE/NT ever, nope, never said that. Dareus was one of the most polished D-lineman to ever play for Tides. However I'd put Jesse Williams' potentials to be somewhere between Dareus to Ngata.

1st round is possible? Look at his athleticism, playing for a top-tier program in NCAA. 1st is a guarantee. I get why many would think he may be a 2nd round prospect because of more talented 4-3 DT prospects, if that's the case I'd love him in 2nd! Doubt it though.
kethnaab

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:

whoa, 2nd rounder post injury? I dunno about the best pass rusher. That's a bit of a stretch. I did like him quite a bit after his sophmore season, seemed like he went downhill last year, especially the few times I got a chance to see him.

I'm really liking Damontre Moore. Wonder what his stock will be like come next March
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
Quote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:
Quote:

Ngata ran 5.13 in forty dash. Benches 225 for 37 reps. VJ of31.5

Jesse Williams (projected) to run 5.03 in forty dash. Already benches 225 over 50 reps. No information on vertical jump.

Guess your right, Ngata's athleticism isn't even close to Jesse's.

Dontari Poe ran 4.8 and benches 500 pounds. While Poe may be faster, doesn't relate his track record to onto the field and Jesse already benching 600 lbs!

Marcus Dareus? what are you talking about? I don't see any relation? I'm assuming you assumed I said the best 3-4 DE/NT ever, nope, never said that. Dareus was one of the most polished D-lineman to ever play for Tides. However I'd put Jesse Williams' potentials to be somewhere between Dareus to Ngata.

1st round is possible? Look at his athleticism, playing for a top-tier program in NCAA. 1st is a guarantee. I get why many would think he may be a 2nd round prospect because of more talented 4-3 DT prospects, if that's the case I'd love him in 2nd! Doubt it though.

I didnt say he wasn't a 1st round prospect. Just saying comparing him to Ngata is stretching it. He does show quickness that I like, He is a way better player than Poe ever will be, that was a Mammula pick all the way.
You are rating Dareus ahead of Ngata? I promoted Dareus from the day he walked onto campus but I wouldn't say he is better than Ngata. I'll say this, Williams is a lot better than Cody:). I like Williams, have good notes on him from last year. Main question I had was the number of plays he was in on, ie conditioning, he looks to have improved that quite a bit. You have a point that a possible elite NT could go very high, Poe.... Rolling Eyes

This weeks game vs Tenn will be very telling for several Bama players on the J. Williams and Milliner especially.

Last edited by JustPlainNasty on Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:

whoa, 2nd rounder post injury? I dunno about the best pass rusher. That's a bit of a stretch. I did like him quite a bit after his sophmore season, seemed like he went downhill last year, especially the few times I got a chance to see him.

I'm really liking Damontre Moore. Wonder what his stock will be like come next March

Im pretty comfortable with Jenkins rush ability. The only others I can figure are J Jones and Porter, who is playing a more suited position/role now.
Moore is nice.

Gatoradus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no, no I might have stated that wrong, I'm not suggesting dareus is a better player than ngata is.

I'm just setting up the ceiling for jesse williams. Dareus or ngata...

Only real knock I have on jesse, well two; his age. Also he has the tendency of breaking through the O-line and then start looking for a ball carrier. He needs a better field awarness otherwise he'd put up a beast stats.

But yeah, as I mentioned; I'm not pimping him. I'd want steelers to get jonathan banks (potentials of j. Joseph), xavier rhodes (kirkpatrick 2.0), or eric reid (the best technicality usage and talent that fits fs mold for us).

I'm simply suggesting that we shouldn't be surprised to see steelers grabbing jesse williams in 1st because of the trend.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: