Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Von Miller vs. Aldon Smith
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Von Miller vs. Aldon Smith
Von Miller
75%
 75%  [ 45 ]
Aldon Smith
25%
 25%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 60

Doom92

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Von Miller vs. Aldon Smith Reply with quote

This is simple. They're both starting for their teams this year, so who's the better overall player?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Von Miller, and it isn't even close. The leaps he has made this year are astounding.

Thanks, Tzimisce
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one with 9 TFL and averaging 1 sack per game.

Can't wait to hear "At least Aldon Smith wasn't benched." Even though it was only for the next drive in 1 game. Laughing

I like Aldon Smith but I would like to see him on a team without Talent next to him where he IS the best defender on that team. Like when we got Von. Well, Von is arguable with Champ since he hasn't lost pretty much anything but we'll roll with Von.

I'd still love to have Smith at DE for us though.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
o_0

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Von Miller is a great player, and probably the more complete player. That being said, I wouldn't trade Aldon for Von, and I'm sure Broncos fans would say the same things the other way around. Aldon is a better pure passrusher IMO. Also, people for whatever reason still see Aldon as a situational passrusher for whatever reason. He a very good run defender, improving in pass coverage, and obviously an elite passrusher.

✰★✰ In Harbaugh We Trust ✰★✰
BP wrote:
One late season surge and postseason run doesn't make Kaep a better QB than Carson Palmer
o_0

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:

Can't wait to hear "At least Aldon Smith wasn't benched." Even though it was only for the next drive in 1 game. Laughing

I like Aldon Smith but I would like to see him on a team without Talent next to him where he IS the best defender on that team. Like when we got Von. Well, Von is arguable with Champ since he hasn't lost pretty much anything but we'll roll with Von.

That's not really fair to Aldon IMO. If Von had been drafted to us, and you guys had taken Aldon, then Aldon would be better because he's the best player on his defense and Von is not? Bad logic IMO

BP wrote:
One late season surge and postseason run doesn't make Kaep a better QB than Carson Palmer

Last edited by o_0 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
El ramster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Von Miller no doubt. He's a special LB..

BBL
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o_0 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:

That's not really fair to Aldon IMO. If Von had been drafted to us, and you guys had taken Aldon, then Aldon would be better because he's the best player on his defense and Aldon is not? Bad logic IMO

I didn't say that's why Miller was better. I just said I would like to see what the situation would be like if it was reversed. Who's to know Aldon Smith wouldn't just put up the same or even better numbers?

I just said I would like to see what would've happened.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
o_0

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
o_0 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:

That's not really fair to Aldon IMO. If Von had been drafted to us, and you guys had taken Aldon, then Aldon would be better because he's the best player on his defense and Aldon is not? Bad logic IMO

I didn't say that's why Miller was better. I just said I would like to see what the situation would be like if it was reversed. Who's to know Aldon Smith wouldn't just put up the same or even better numbers?

I just said I would like to see what would've happened.

Fair enough. Being a 49ers fan, I can honestly tell you that the 49ers defense needs Aldon more then Aldon needs the 49ers D. Sure he gets a few sacks he wouldn't get on other teams because Justin is a beast and Aldon gets a free rush. But our D suffers so much without Aldon, our passrush goes from above average to lulz.

BP wrote:
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I was the 49er's FO, I would look at 5 technique and rush linebacker in FA and the Draft this coming year. Somone opposite Aldon Smith and someone to replace Justin Smith when the time comes.
o_0

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
If I was the 49er's FO, I would look at 5 technique and rush linebacker in FA and the Draft this coming year. Somone opposite Aldon Smith and someone to replace Justin Smith when the time comes.

Dude. Please stop acting like you know the 49ers. Laughing Ever heard of Ahmad Brooks? The guy who just signed the big extension this past offseason? An OLB is probably last on our list of needs.

BP wrote:
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:

Because Ahmad Brooks sucks right? Laughing

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never said I thought Ahmad Brooks sucks. No team in the NFL has enough pass rushers.
bmore4life815

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Von. I like both, but didn't even have to think about it for more than a second.

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
ihatepotholes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Von by a country mile. Von is a natural 3-4 OLB, he would thrive on the 9ers D. I doubt Aldon would have the same impact on the Broncos D.

someone said Aldon Smith is a better pass rusher? Laughing do you think you can just make up some bs, and go unnoticed? give me a break
Poster4613

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miller is more complete so I went with him. I don't think the gap is as big as everyone's making it out to be, but I think it's obviously Miller right now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: