Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bounce Back: Buffalo Bills at Arizona Cardinals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
Yet people want to continue this "wait and see" approach regarding the OL thinking we'll eventually get it figured out. Mike B needs to overrule Whiz and bring someone in to overhaul the OL. Batiste, terrible. Snyder, terrible. Massie, not a starter. Levi, a RT or Guard. Russ Grimm, what is he actually getting paid to do? I don't like the idea that some coaches don't get held accountable based on their standing with the Head Coach and their reputation as a player 30 years ago. It's so amateur...

I am still unsure where I stand on Grimm, becasue, well, we have given him zero talent. We are down to backup tackles on BOTH sides of the OL right now, Massie should not be playing, but he has to be.

I don't think any other coaches in the league get much at all out of the pile of crap we have put in front of Russ Grimm over the years. However by the time we give him talent and the time to develop that we are another three years down the line and if at that stage he truly is no good as a coach then where do you end up.

I will say this. The OL performed pretty well today, not great, but passable, we missed a lot of play in the air because of poor throws, poor decisions or holding onto the football. We missed holes on the ground too (All LSH, WiPo did really well to find seams) we dropped some passes.

We were afraid of the D beleiving their own hype, they may have to an extent, but they are still playing well enough to win football games. Our offense is the issue here.
HighMotorGuy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This loss was 100% on Whisenhunt's poor coaching and cronies he has hired at important positions. LOL @ Mike Miller and Russ Grimm being NFL coaches.
HighMotorGuy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
One thing I put on our defense;

MISSED FREAKING TACKLES. On every play Buffalo got a chunk on the ground there was a missed tackle. The 33 yard run, we had a shot to drop Spiller for a loss. The 17 yard run by Smith the next play, we had a shot to drop him for a loss.

Missed tackles will kill a team, KILL a team. We had far too many of them today.

As an aside, both those above plays had blatant holding not called that created big space for the runners.

PP had like 10 missed tackles today. It's def starting to be a problem for him
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
I don't put a damn thing on the defense. They have to always be on their toes with our offense.

They have no luxury.

Another statement that simply is not true.

Offense gave them a touchdown lead after a nearly 7 minute drive yesterday. Bills proceed to go 80 yards down the field like nothing, lead vanished. You want to put that on the offense, you go right on ahead.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighMotorGuy wrote:
This loss was 100% on Whisenhunt's poor coaching and cronies he has hired at important positions. LOL @ Mike Miller and Russ Grimm being NFL coaches.

Hard for me to take this seriously. Miller didn't anything wrong today. Nothing at all. Truth be told, he actually called a helluva game.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
The last 3 weeks, this defense has allowed 11 plays of over 20 yards. 11. Those plays have either directly or through the course of the offensive team's drive amounted to 24 points given up for us and that doesn't include a 19 yard touchdown pass, which would make it 31 points.

Has anyone said any different? Our D needs to cut out the big plays they are giving up, I have said that from the start, but the big plays they are giving are are not why we are losing football games.

The offense that ranks dead last in the league is.

To quote you Khodder, has anyone said any different?

This defense statistically has regressed in a strikingly scary fashion the last 3 weeks from the frst 3 weeks. In went in my eyes from a possible top 3 unit to somewhere around the top 10. The defense obviously isn't the root cause of our problems but the days of me putting the game in our defenses hands with confidence are running short.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
HighMotorGuy wrote:

Hard for me to take this seriously. Miller didn't anything wrong today. Nothing at all. Truth be told, he actually called a helluva game.

I dunno. I was about smash my TV with the continuous runs of LSH down the middle.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighMotorGuy wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
HighMotorGuy wrote:

I dunno. I was about smash my TV with the continuous runs of LSH down the middle.

Our best run blocker right now is a guard. Matter of fact, he's the only run blocker we have that ranks above the bottom half of the league for his position. And let's not pretend like William Powell's some rock star. This was his first taste of NFL success. Beanie's out, Williams is out.

What's a guy to do?
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to talk about this one right now. Even if the team won I would still have issues with many things. I didn't realize feely's kick was tipped. Didn't look like it to me live. Anyhow a punt would have been OK in OT. Yeah i realize LSH dropped a huge screen pass for a gain but that stuff happens. Skelton threw the ball right into the Bills defenders arms. Hard to swallow.
Still technically in forst in the west by virtue of their win against the Seahawks but fading fast. I am calling a must win against the Vikes this week on the road where they never win no matter the circumstances.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:
I am calling a must win against the Vikes this week on the road where they never win no matter the circumstances.

So am I. We're bleeding right now, have to stop it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously the OL is the achilles heel right now but it needs to be noted that for the second straight game we dropped 3 or more passes, missed multiple throws to wide open receivers and left yards on the field in the run game.

The OL is the main problem, let's not mistake anything but a better OL is just the tip of this offenses iceberg. The offense as a whole is flat out dysfunctional.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Obviously the OL is the achilles heel right now but it needs to be noted that for the second straight game we dropped 3 or more passes, missed multiple throws to wide open receivers and left yards on the field in the run game.

The OL is the main problem, let's not mistake anything but a better OL is just the tip of this offenses iceberg. The offense as a whole is flat out dysfunctional.

The oline brings this whole team down. I firmly believe that. Their poor play makes everyone else feel like they have to be perfect. No rythm.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

The oline brings this whole team down. I firmly believe that. Their poor play makes everyone else feel like they have to be perfect. No rythm.

I firmly disagree. There's really nothing at all to back that claim up and quite frankly all factual evidence disputes it. This offense was just as dyfunctional in the 1st 3 games of the season when we allowed 5 sacks as it has been the last 3 weeks when we've given up 23. Kolb/Skelton still missed all kind of throws, our running backs missed all kinds of holes and fumbled the ball twice, our WRs dropped passes. Putting that on the OL is passing the check. These guys need to step up and admit the truth, most of them, OL or not, haven't done there job.

For our QBs, this goes back a long ways. When our OL was borderline good at the end of last season, Kolb and Skelton still missed throws all over the place. This really doesn't apply for those 2. Kolb had 5-6 seconds to throw to a WIDE OPEN Jeff King yesterday and he air mailed it. That's not on anybody but #4. Skelton had plenty of time to throw and threw it into 2 defenders, a play after a well designed and well blocked screen pass that our HEAD COACH HIMSELF said could have been an 80 yard score was flat out dropped. That's not an OL thing, try as anyone may to make it so.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This kind of the problem that we're having as a fanbase. It's human nature when something goes wrong for people to point their fingers at 1 person or 1 group and say "You, you're the problem". His name hasn't come up but just once but Russ Grimm is the prime example. People see a bad OL and say, "Russ Grimm, you're the problem". But he's not, not in the way most people say he is. It's not his problem his GM/head coach saddled him with players that their former teams were happy to discard. It's not his problem the 8th best run blocking OT in the league is on I.R. It's not his problem we lack any semblance of depth. Our OL issues are deeply rooted and those roots go in a number of different directions but nobody wants to see that. They want to say, "Russ Grimm, you're the problem", as if firing him makes everything all better. I assure, it won't. Maybe Russ is doing a poor job, maybe he should lose that job altogether but without addressing all of the issues, ALL OF THEM, this OL won't get any better with a new OL coach. That's reality. That's where our offense is right now. QB issues, RB issues, drop issues, OL issues, playcalling issues at times. We have deeply rooted problems that go in a number of different directions but instead of recognizing that, we run with our raw emotions and simply say, "OL, you're the problem". And it's not, not in the way most people say it is.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
This defense statistically has regressed in a strikingly scary fashion the last 3 weeks from the frst 3 weeks. In went in my eyes from a possible top 3 unit to somewhere around the top 10. The defense obviously isn't the root cause of our problems but the days of me putting the game in our defenses hands with confidence are running short.

But has it really? They are giving up more big plays, but have they really regressed statistically overall? I don't have the numbers in front of me but I don't think they have.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 38 of 39

Jump to: