Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Frazier's con job

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Frazier's con job Reply with quote

as in confidence. instilling confidence in the team's players.

is it coincidental we're seeing more and more of that? did it come from the players themselves, or do Frazier and his coaches deserve the credit?

Frazier acknowledged that his team did not handle very well the success they saw in a Week 1 win over Jacksonville. The result was a Week 2 letdown loss at Indianapolis. In his post-game press conference following the 49ers win, though, Frazier explained that his team had gotten back on the right track in terms of preparation. He sang the same tune after the Vikings win over Detroit a week ago, saying his team’s Friday practice that week was the best Friday practice of the season.

Frazier: “The preparation that we put in during the week and then to go out and play as hard as we played, I take my hat off to our players and our coaching staff for preparing them to go out and play hard, play smart football, play tough football, disciplined football, which we want to embody. We want our team characteristics to show up every time we play. I thought our guys and our coaches did a great job of coming into this game with the right frame of mind.”

“Every team in this League can beat you on any given Sunday, so it was important for us from a maturity standpoint to show that we can win a game against what we thought, and we still believe, has a chance to be a very, very good football team. For us to go out and dominate in so many ways, that’s a good sign about our football team.”

http://blog.vikings.com/2012/10/07/frazier-says-vikings-played-smart-tough-disciplined-football-in-win/

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Kellerman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frazier is definitely part of the turnaround. He's obviously not a flashy coach, but I do think he's a solid x's & o's guy (just look at the good defences we had when he was our DC). It also seems that the players have great respect for Frazier, he's a good people manager, and it appears that the team has taken on his demeanor (relaxed, yet hard-working).

If the teams keeps up this level of effort and professionalism I see no reason why he shouldn't get a contract extension at the end of the year. Keep this staff together and keep that continuity going.

#97 Everson Griffin: 27 tackles : 5.5 sacks : 1 FF ; 16 games played
Klomp

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Twitter:

Quote:
@QuentonMarty:
Will Frazier be the coach that finally gets the Vikes a Super Bowl?”

@TonyDungy:
I believe so. They are buying into his style!”

vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
From Twitter:

Quote:
@QuentonMarty:
Will Frazier be the coach that finally gets the Vikes a Super Bowl?”

@TonyDungy:
I believe so. They are buying into his style!”

What else is Dungy going to say Laughing
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frazier has done a great job this year. If we keep winning he should be in the talks for Coach of the Year honors.

Elisha Cuthbert - Yet another hottie who loves wearing purple and white. Very Happy Go Vikings!

Big props to gopherwrestler for this awesome sig!
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:
Frazier has done a great job this year. If we keep winning he should be in the talks for Coach of the Year honors.

I'd hope so, but the only way that happens is if we go like 13-3 or 12-4.

We are the most overlooked team in the NFL. Jeff Fischer could be a more attractive COTY if the Rams do well, or maybe Gary Kubiak from Houston.

Bright and Happy days are coming to the Minnesota Vikings very soon.
[UMN]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
Uncle Buck wrote:

I'd hope so, but the only way that happens is if we go like 13-3 or 12-4.

Well that is just not true. If the Vikings sniff the playoffs he will definitely be in the running.
Badger75

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most fans don't know this about Leslie Frazier but he was a DB on the Bears '85 SB team who injured his knee in that game and never played again. He was on his way to a serious pro ball type career when it happened.

He took over a small college program and was HC there for a decade. No glitz, just putting in the hours and years teach football to college students who won't play in bowl games.

Cool
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be a real test to see how this team bounces back this week. We bounced back very well from our first loss of the season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: