Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Should Dez Bryant Win Walter Payton Man Of The Year Award???

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should Dez Bryant Win NFL's Walter Payton Man Of The Year Award in 2012???
Yes. Dez Should Definitely Win This Year
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Probably, But Don't Anoint Him Yet
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Maybe. It's Too Soon To Say, But It's Heading In That Direction
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I don't know. But, the NFL Is A Better Place With Dez In It
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

The_Slamman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:58 am    Post subject: Should Dez Bryant Win Walter Payton Man Of The Year Award??? Reply with quote

I recently watched NFL Networks A Football Life on Ray Lewis. One of the most revealing parts about the documentary was the human aspect of it. For those who haven't see it, Ray's father abandoned him basically as an infant. He never had contact with his father until much later in life. Ray has forgiven his father and even provides his father with tickets to the games, etc.

Then, I read this article... Ray Lewis Would Like To Help Dez Bryant. At first, I thought it was really cool, again, that Ray Lewis had this human aspect to him where he's looking to help out the younger generation, etc.

Then, I really got thinking about Dez. Yes, he's young and immature. Yes, he gets media attention as a Cowboys player. But, he is also probably the most forgiving person on the planet. For those who don't know Dez's story. He was abandoned by his dad and mom. His dad was a pimp. His mom was a drug dealer. Both were in and out of jail. The mom was arrested for selling crack as recently as 2009 and is currently on a 10 year probation. Dez didn't have a Tuohy family to take him in. And Dez's mom's current lifestyle and life choices go against Dez's religious values.

Notwithstanding all of that, Dez bought his mom a nice home and provides for her and his step brother. Dez doesn't just leave tickets so his mom can watch a game. Dez gives his mom a life that frankly she probably doesn't deserve. He provides for her what a mother should have provided to him when he needed her most.

That's not all. Dez is involved with a tremendous amount of charity work. He started a foundation to help unfortunate kids. I hate to say it, but when I was 23 years old, raising money for and helping at risk kids was the last thing on my mind.

Finally, before any goes to the "he slapped his mom card," no, he didn't. The very night the story broke his brother who was there said that Dez was in the right and he never hit her. The mom was clearly intoxicated and changed her story multiple times. When the police arrived, the found nothing wrong with her... no signs of any abuse. Finally, the mom signed an affidavit of non prosecution wherein she stated that she talked to people who actually witnessed the incident and realized that she was in the wrong. This shouldn't come as a surprise, of course, because Dez's mom has a history of filing false police reports.

So, let's not turn this into Dez bash based saggy pants, passed debts that are currently paid or false police reports. Can anybody honestly think of a more compelling Walter Payton Man Of The Year Candidate than Dez? If so, who and why?

NextBigThing

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for him, though he is far from the only person like this. I think Moss deserves, for inspiring the entire city of San Francisco with model behavior. Wink

People with terrible parents (Lindsay Lohan comes to mind) get a lot of pity from me. They are basically the most mature member of their family when they hit age 10.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
be WARE94

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Good for him, though he is far from the only person like this. I think Moss deserves, for inspiring the entire city of San Francisco with model behavior. Wink

People with terrible parents (Lindsay Lohan comes to mind) get a lot of pity from me. They are basically the most mature member of their family when they hit age 10.

can i ask where your love of randy moss and jude law comes from?
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

be WARE94 wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

NBT is a hipster. He still thinks it's the 90s.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
be WARE94 wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
Good
for him, though he is far from the only person like this. I think Moss deserves, for inspiring the entire city of San Francisco with model behavior. Wink

Rolling Eyes

Embarassed

Dancing Dancing Shhh Shhh Drool
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
be WARE94

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
be WARE94 wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

hipster is more of a modern term then a 90's term eh? and what does hipster have to do with randy moss or jude law? lol
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
be WARE94 wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
Good
for him, though he is far from the only person like this. I think Moss deserves, for inspiring the entire city of San Francisco with model behavior. Wink

Rolling Eyes

Embarassed

Dancing Dancing Shhh Shhh Drool
It's fine. I miss Brittney Spears being hot and playing Tekken on the first playstation also. Laughing

I think he's a good candidate since it has nothing to do with on the field performance and if what you said was true.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
mozwanted

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:19 am    Post subject: Re: Should Dez Bryant Win Walter Payton Man Of The Year Awar Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
I recently watched NFL Networks A Football Life on Ray Lewis. One of the most revealing parts about the documentary was the human aspect of it. For those who haven't see it, Ray's father abandoned him basically as an infant. He never had contact with his father until much later in life. Ray has forgiven his father and even provides his father with tickets to the games, etc.

Then, I read this article... Ray Lewis Would Like To Help Dez Bryant. At first, I thought it was really cool, again, that Ray Lewis had this human aspect to him where he's looking to help out the younger generation, etc.

Then, I really got thinking about Dez. Yes, he's young and immature. Yes, he gets media attention as a Cowboys player. But, he is also probably the most forgiving person on the planet. For those who don't know Dez's story. He was abandoned by his dad and mom. His dad was a pimp. His mom was a drug dealer. Both were in and out of jail. The mom was arrested for selling crack as recently as 2009 and is currently on a 10 year probation. Dez didn't have a Tuohy family to take him in. And Dez's mom's current lifestyle and life choices go against Dez's religious values.

Notwithstanding all of that, Dez bought his mom a nice home and provides for her and his step brother. Dez doesn't just leave tickets so his mom can watch a game. Dez gives his mom a life that frankly she probably doesn't deserve. He provides for her what a mother should have provided to him when he needed her most.

That's not all. Dez is involved with a tremendous amount of charity work. He started a foundation to help unfortunate kids. I hate to say it, but when I was 23 years old, raising money for and helping at risk kids was the last thing on my mind.

Finally, before any goes to the "he slapped his mom card," no, he didn't. The very night the story broke his brother who was there said that Dez was in the right and he never hit her. The mom was clearly intoxicated and changed her story multiple times. When the police arrived, the found nothing wrong with her... no signs of any abuse. Finally, the mom signed an affidavit of non prosecution wherein she stated that she talked to people who actually witnessed the incident and realized that she was in the wrong. This shouldn't come as a surprise, of course, because Dez's mom has a history of filing false police reports.

So, let's not turn this into Dez bash based saggy pants, passed debts that are currently paid or false police reports. Can anybody honestly think of a more compelling Walter Payton Man Of The Year Candidate than Dez? If so, who and why?

you dont win payton man of the year for buying your mom a nice house.

Dez has done some great things and he should be proud of that. But by no means does that erase all the dumb crap he has done. He is definitely a disturbed person with issues. He cannot keep himself out of trouble.

He should not win the award anytime soon. Man of the year does not take jewelry without paying or getting in multiple fights in nightclubs.
Kiltman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure..why not...only award he will win anytime soon. Very Happy

But seriously, I think the perception around the league about him might hinder his chances to win in conjunction with all that dumb stuff he's done.. Its big of him to forgive like that, but I wouldn't say he's the most forgiving person in the world though and throwing money/a house at someone isn't necessarily forgiving. As for the foundation that's awesome, but dozens of players do that...most players have a charity/foundation they either founded or contribute too every year. From what you wrote slam, He has a shot to be at least nominated I guess.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
I kind of want to taste it

Last edited by Kiltman on Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

be WARE94 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
be WARE94 wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

hipster is more of a modern term then a 90's term eh? and what does hipster have to do with randy moss or jude law? lol

Late 90s earliest 2000's were when both were in their prime and something to talk about.

ba dum, chish. Dancing
Webmaster

Site Admin
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:28 am    Post subject: Re: Should Dez Bryant Win Walter Payton Man Of The Year Awar Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
His dad was a pimp. His mom was a drug dealer. Both were in and out of jail. The mom was arrested for selling crack as recently as 2009 and is currently on a 10 year probation. Dez didn't have a Tuohy family to take him in. And Dez's mom's current lifestyle and life choices go against Dez's religious values.

This isn't an appropriate discussion for this forum. Plus, we tried to have a similar discussion back when Bryant was arrested and the topic had to be locked for rule violations. Let's not get into again.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: