Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Arizona Cardinals Draft Talk Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
younggun1273 wrote:
Barrett Jones of Alabama is a scheme fit right? Not to mention ridiculously versatile. First round option?

The versatility would certainly play well with us.

Barrett Jones would be great. Would be an improvement over Colledge, Sendlein, or Snyder.

Amd Batiste. Massie too but Massie seems to be a decent building block for us going forward, he should stick somewhere along our line.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
younggun1273 wrote:
Barrett Jones of Alabama is a scheme fit right? Not to mention ridiculously versatile. First round option?

Barrett Jones would be great. Would be an improvement over Colledge, Sendlein, or Snyder.

Amd Batiste. Massie too but Massie seems to be a decent building block for us going forward, he should stick somewhere along our line.

Yeah Batiste too no question but that's not where you'd get the most out of Jones IMO. He did play a lot of LT though at BAMA.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
younggun1273 wrote:

Yeah Batiste too no question but that's not where you'd get the most out of Jones IMO. He did play a lot of LT though at BAMA.

I don't know where Jones projects best, all I do know is that he projects as a better OL than most all of our current OL members.
younggun1273

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
younggun1273 wrote:

First two years he played right guard, his junior year he was a left tackle and now he is a center. He has performed well at all three positions. Honestly I would just draft him and see where he is able to compete the most. If Levi is still around, he could push for a guard or center job. The guy can obviously play, so I don't see the problem in drafting him and letting him compete for a starting position at tackle, guard, and center. He'll be able to beat somebody out.

Justo on the sig
stchamp98

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
younggun1273 wrote:

First two years he played right guard, his junior year he was a left tackle and now he is a center. He has performed well at all three positions. Honestly I would just draft him and see where he is able to compete the most. If Levi is still around, he could push for a guard or center job. The guy can obviously play, so I don't see the problem in drafting him and letting him compete for a starting position at tackle, guard, and center. He'll be able to beat somebody out.

Agree 100%, that's exactly what you do. Take him, try him all over the field in OTAs and see where he ends up.
DDOCKETT90

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who would be a good rb to take then champ?

matthouston91 made it!
apollo14000

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched every offensive play Central Michigan had against Iowa earlier this year and came away very impressed with their LT Eric Fisher. Had maybe one mistake the whole game, albeit wasn't against a household DE. He still dominated in the run game and pass game against the 22nd ranked Iowa defense. I see a 2nd day pick there, maybe late 1st.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDOCKETT90 wrote:
Who would be a good rb to take then champ?

I really couldn't say, haven't watched the RBs in this class too much. Gonna start now.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
Just watched every offensive play Central Michigan had against Iowa earlier this year and came away very impressed with their LT Eric Fisher. Had maybe one mistake the whole game, albeit wasn't against a household DE. He still dominated in the run game and pass game against the 22nd ranked Iowa defense. I see a 2nd day pick there, maybe late 1st.

I heard this from another very reputablke source as well, Doubt I'd ever see CMU, unless they get to a bowl game (What's their record?). Keep my eye on him and see how he does through the draft process.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:

I heard this from another very reputablke source as well, Doubt I'd ever see CMU, unless they get to a bowl game (What's their record?). Keep my eye on him and see how he does through the draft process.

When a player is from a team you really can't watch just YouTube his team. For example, search for Central Michigan O against Iowa D. It'll show every CM offensive snap and then you just find Fisher #79.

I'm not sure what their record is but they beat Iowa in an exciting thriller.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barret Jones would make a great C and good Guard.

Dont think he is big enough for LT and not nasty enough for RT.

Also, he is way smart, like a A+ student, makes all the line calls for Bama, even thought he was helping out from LT 2 years back.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
Dont think he is big enough for LT

Jones is roughly the same size as Tyron Smith. Smith was 6'5" 307. Jones is expected to be a shade over 6'4", 305. Tyron Smith's been pretty darn good for Dallas.
younggun1273

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His smarts would make him an excellent center.

A little fun fact, he is a nationally ranked Scrabble player.

Justo on the sig
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
His smarts would make him an excellent center.

A little fun fact, he is a nationally ranked Scrabble player.

1st thing that popped into my head, too and good centers are harder to find than G's.

How does one get nationally ranked in Scrabble?!? Laughing

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj1DXoNaiw0&list=PLD11BA2EDA0F452DE&index=15&feature=plpp_video

CMU vs Iowa, every offensive snap.

Big guy, strong hands, good on the pull, Dancing Bear.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 6 of 100

Jump to: