Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Can we turn this season around?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Raves


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2006
Posts: 17307
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using PFF as a source is rather bad... I think we can all agree they aren't exactly the most reliable source for football information.
_________________

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
whodatworm23


Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 3134
Location: Nawlins
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome!!!

So, honestly... how would you fix our problem at the Safety position? (you do agree their is a problem at the Safety position right?)

Obviously you feel that majority of our defensive breakdowns on the backend is caused or is in direct result of Jenkins poor play. So, we need to get rid of Jenkins... right?

I tell ya... I ain't to thrilled of a season long repeat of the 2010 playoffs (Seahawks) no offense to ya boy. Wink
_________________


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Harper41


Joined: 29 Aug 2009
Posts: 19785
Location: Roll Tide Country
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Awesome!!!

So, honestly... how would you fix our problem at the Safety position? (you do agree their is a problem at the Safety position right?)

Obviously you feel that majority of our defensive breakdowns on the backend is caused or is in direct result of Jenkins poor play. So, we need to get rid of Jenkins... right?

I tell ya... I ain't to thrilled of a season long repeat of the 2010 playoffs (Seahawks) no offense to ya boy. Wink

How do you fix the safety position? Get a better safety? I don't know how this is relevant at all. I'm not a coach, nor do I claim to be one. All I can tell you is Malcolm Jenkins has been miserable, so yes, FS is definitely a need and yes Malcolm Jenkins definitely needs to go. Getting a pass rush would be priority one but after that, a replacement for Malcolm Jenkins is a must and drafting one for Roman Harper would be nice as well, the guys getting up there in age and he's definitely not getting any more athletic.
_________________

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Canadian Saint


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 1973
Location: Canada!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
Using PFF as a source is rather bad... I think we can all agree they aren't exactly the most reliable source for football information.


I think they're pretty good. Are they the end all be all? No, but they are pretty correct more times than not and give a fairly accurate description.

I'm curious as to why you think they are bad?
_________________



NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
whodatworm23


Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 3134
Location: Nawlins
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How do you fix the safety position? Get a better safety? I don't know how this is relevant at all. I'm not a coach, nor do I claim to be one. All I can tell you is Malcolm Jenkins has been miserable, so yes, FS is definitely a need and yes Malcolm Jenkins definitely needs to go. Getting a pass rush would be priority one but after that, a replacement for Malcolm Jenkins is a must and drafting one for Roman Harper would be nice as well, the guys getting up there in age and he's definitely not getting any more athletic


All kidding aside... you don't feel Jenkins would be better suited and maybe develop into a better overall player with a switch to SS where like Harper he woulden't have as much responsibility as he does now?

He is aggressive and save me the "he's not big enough" bull! THe dude's 6'0" 205-210 lbs whitch in todays NFL is a fairly big safety.
_________________


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
whodatworm23


Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 3134
Location: Nawlins
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if you caught Spagnuolo's comments after the game on our Safety's.

This is what he had to say...

Media
Quote:
Do you like the way Malcolm Jenkins is playing?


Spagnuolo
Quote:
Yes, Malcolm does some good things for us. You have to remember hes the quarterback back there, so hes doing a lot of the mental part too and I think hes doing a pretty good job of that.



Media
Quote:
Is Roman Harper doing a good job at linebacker in some of those sub-packages?


Spagnuolo
Quote:
He has a natural feel down there. I kind of like him down there for the things he does. He came on that one pressure and kind of, what we call, slithered by the running back and pressured the quarterback and there were a couple of other plays. We had him in one situation where he covered that tight end by himself that was a tough down. (Antonio) Gates is a pretty nifty guy and he catches a little late yard out. That was challenging but sometimes you have to do that and Roman accepts that challenge.


Media
Quote:
Malcolm seems like the type of player that makes very aggressive plays, whether its a good play or a mistake. Is he a player that youre looking to be very active in the secondary?


Spagnuolo
Quote:
I talked with Malcolm last week. Malcolms one of the captains on defense. Hes one of the leaders. He embraces that role. I think he handles it very well. He takes it very seriously. I think when youre a leader on any unit and you want the unit to be aggressive and physical and out-hit, then you have to grab the flag and be the guy in front of the group and I think thats what hes doing. I think the guys are feeling that sense.


Media
Quote:
Do you feel like having three safeties on the field is something you can continue to do?


Spagnuolo
Quote:
Yes, well see. Part of that kind of evolved because of the injuries to David (Hawthorne) and Jonathan (Casillas). Both of those guys are good football players too, but Id like to have them all back healthy and decide which way to go. Right now weve kind of been forced into doing certain things.



http://www.neworleanssaints.com/news-and-events/article-1/Steve-Spagnuolo-Reviews-Defensive-Performance-Against-Chargers/a81b05da-0d93-4678-835a-89c33f316aea

Seem's like we were both kinda right... and kinda wrong on this one.
_________________


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Harper41


Joined: 29 Aug 2009
Posts: 19785
Location: Roll Tide Country
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I've ever heard a coach bash his players so obviously he's going to praise Malcolm Jenkins, Rex Ryan backs up Mark Sanchez... End of story Laughing
Malcolm Jenkins at SS? God no. The guy can't tackle... At all, the last thing I want his for us to put him in position to miss more tackles. Malcolm Jenkins is a FS, he's just not a very good one.
_________________

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jlowe22


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 835
Location: South Mississippi
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not gettin in the argument, but im pretty sure ive seen, on multiple occasions this year, Harper get really lucky he wasnt scored on, and if he had been, we may not feel quite so good about him as we do now....that being said, id rather see Jenkins replaced first, but in reality, this defense is in shambles and its like debating which dung pile smells the least offensive. My own curiosity wants to see what this secondary can do with a good pass rush up front, but my rationale knows we cant make it that long, and someone, or somemany needs to get better startin now or we'll be picking top 5 next year, which may not be a bad thing if we could use the pick wisely.

Oh God, if we pick up one more running back or receiver with our top picks im gonna vomit on my floor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raves


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2006
Posts: 17307
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian Saint wrote:
Raves wrote:
Using PFF as a source is rather bad... I think we can all agree they aren't exactly the most reliable source for football information.


I think they're pretty good. Are they the end all be all? No, but they are pretty correct more times than not and give a fairly accurate description.

I'm curious as to why you think they are bad?


Have you seen their positional rankings? Drew Brees isn't even in the top 5 for QBs
_________________

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jcvoodoo


Joined: 26 Jan 2012
Posts: 427
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlowe22 wrote:
this defense is in shambles and its like debating which dung pile smells the least offensive.


HAHA Laughing
_________________


^NS922 on the sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
saintsfan


Joined: 16 Nov 2007
Posts: 5286
Location: Northeastern University
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have a link to a video of Curtis Lofton's sack?
_________________


Adopt-A-Saint 2013
Keenan Lewis 41 tackles 10 PD 3 INT 1 FF
Pierre Thomas 136 car 521 yds 71 rec 503 yds 4 TDS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
whodatworm23


Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 3134
Location: Nawlins
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
I don't think I've ever heard a coach bash his players so obviously he's going to praise Malcolm Jenkins, Rex Ryan backs up Mark Sanchez... End of story Laughing
Malcolm Jenkins at SS? God no. The guy can't tackle... At all, the last thing I want his for us to put him in position to miss more tackles. Malcolm Jenkins is a FS, he's just not a very good one.


Ok man...

I've gone back and watched the game over 5 times!

If you are going to continue to sit their and say that Roman Harper wasent used and a linebacker in that game majority of the defensive snaps then your blind and you just simply cannot come to grips with the fact that harpers shortcomings (while not as visable) as Jenkins are just as much the problem with this defense as anything else!

I understand you have this man crush on Harper, good for you! We all have our fav's but having to disguise defensive schemes and conning to have to play our SS directly behind the DT's because he's to frickin slow to cover anyone is just as big a problem as Jenkins mental errors and shoddy tackling.

After watching this game in such detail... BOTH SAFETY's MuSt GO!!!
_________________


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Harper41


Joined: 29 Aug 2009
Posts: 19785
Location: Roll Tide Country
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude what are you talking about? I never said Harper didn't play LB. I know he plays nickel LB a ton. You said ALL of his BIG PLAYS have come at Nickel LB, which isn't true. I went back and watched all the big plays and they were all from SS. That's what I said, not he doesn't ever play LB, hell I said he played LB numerous times in my argument.
Also, how exactly did watching the San Diego game lead you to believe Harper should go? He had easily the best game of the year and was lock down on Antonio Gates Laughing the Packers game I would understand, he was practically non existent but the San Diego game?! Wtf? Hahaha
_________________

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
whodatworm23


Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 3134
Location: Nawlins
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Dude what are you talking about? I never said Harper didn't play LB. I know he plays nickel LB a ton. You said ALL of his BIG PLAYS have come at Nickel LB, which isn't true. I went back and watched all the big plays and they were all from SS. That's what I said, not he doesn't ever play LB, hell I said he played LB numerous times in my argument.
Also, how exactly did watching the San Diego game lead you to believe Harper should go? He had easily the best game of the year and was lock down on Antonio Gates Laughing the Packers game I would understand, he was practically non existent but the San Diego game?! Wtf? Hahaha


Saying Harper was man on man with Gates the whole game is a flat out LIE! He was in one on one coverage a handful of times yes but NOT all game so you can drop that crap.

Im done with this... I could have Steve Spagnuolo come to your house and tell you Harper is just as much to blame on this defense as anyone and you would argue with the man, tell him his claims are baseless then slam the door in his face for insulting your favorite player.

Keep being a fan, wear your 41 with pride... Whodat Rolling Eyes
_________________


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Harper41


Joined: 29 Aug 2009
Posts: 19785
Location: Roll Tide Country
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Dude what are you talking about? I never said Harper didn't play LB. I know he plays nickel LB a ton. You said ALL of his BIG PLAYS have come at Nickel LB, which isn't true. I went back and watched all the big plays and they were all from SS. That's what I said, not he doesn't ever play LB, hell I said he played LB numerous times in my argument.
Also, how exactly did watching the San Diego game lead you to believe Harper should go? He had easily the best game of the year and was lock down on Antonio Gates Laughing the Packers game I would understand, he was practically non existent but the San Diego game?! Wtf? Hahaha


Saying Harper was man on man with Gates the whole game is a flat out LIE! He was in one on one coverage a handful of times yes but NOT all game so you can drop that crap.

Im done with this... I could have Steve Spagnuolo come to your house and tell you Harper is just as much to blame on this defense as anyone and you would argue with the man, tell him his claims are baseless then slam the door in his face for insulting your favorite player.

Keep being a fan, wear your 41 with pride... Whodat Rolling Eyes

Dude. You've done NOTHING to prove me wrong, literally nothing. Roman Harper spent a GOOD amount of that game on Antonio Gates and Gates did nothing, Harper made quite a few good plays on the ball on targets to Gates. I don't what else to tell you, I'm pin pointing specific plays and your rebuttals are "well no I watched the game and he wasn't very good" like come on dude. If you were to show me 4-5 plays where Harper got burned, or was out of position or missed a tackle I'd be MORE than happy to admit Roman Harper was at fault but you haven't. Not once.
_________________

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group