Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2nd Annual No Soul Bowl (week 6)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: 2nd Annual No Soul Bowl (week 6) Reply with quote

Sunday 1:00PM

Bengals at Browns

Bengals- 2-1 away
Browns- 0-2 home

Obviously the Bengals are coming into this game following a disappointing loss at home vs. the Dolphins. The Defense seems to have picked up some slack, but the Offense took a step back. The Browns have played each one of their games very close for the most part, and are a team not to take lightly. Trent Richardson however, is really there only weapon to speak of, but as we are well aware of, superstars of the week are born vs. this defense at times. Travis Benjamin is a guy that could have a big game and barring a million drops, Greg Little as well. For the Bengals, Newman was limited so far this week, we might be able to see what this Defense looks without him making boneheaded plays. Also Rey Maualuga said he has shed 10 pounds since their last meeting, which is perhaps why he has kind of picked up his game a little. Joe Haden returns after a suspension which really hurt the Browns defense, watching him battle AJ Green all day long is going to be the matchup to watch...

Keys to Game for the Bengals:
-Feed AJ Green the ball. He is a superstar, and it bugs me to know end when we look to others on crucial situations.
-Get BJGE going. After a great week 1, Lawfirm has looked pedestrian at best. Hold on to the football big guy.
-Get Andrew Hawkins in space. We need to use him more on crossing patterns and screens. Put him in the backfield more.
-Defense needs to tackle.
-Force more turnovers. Weeden should not have the same performance again, he has been underwhelming at best, and we should have a multipick day.
-Dalton needs to not hold onto the football so long, get rid of it, and for Gods sake, stop throwing INTs!!!

If the Browns want to win, double AJ all day long, use screens, reverses, and draws. Throw to the TE, our LBs cant cover [inappropriate/removed]. Do this and it will be a long day for us.

Final Score:
Bengals- 24
Browns-20

another close game, as usually these interstate rivalry games are. Bengals pull through in the end.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was worried about this game but with DQ and Rubin probably out for the browns, I'm not that worried. Plus Haden will be at least a little rusty after missing 4 games.

I see the Bengals winning 31-17...

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Was worried about this game but with DQ and Rubin probably out for the browns, I'm not that worried. Plus Haden will be at least a little rusty after missing 4 games.

my my my, arent you the optimist.

side note: the Reds are killin me today. please give me something else to be happy about

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:13 am    Post subject: Re: 2nd Annual No Soul Bowl (week 6) Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
Trent Richardson however, is really there only weapon to speak of

....you must have missed the tape of Josh Gordon from last week jd !!!!......

Dude looks fast and dangerous...... 2 balls, 82 yards, 2 TD's. We ignore him at our peril
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:

With Taylor, Rubin and DQ likely out, it may be a better outing for BJGE this week running up the middle. When is Phil Taylor back ?
bungleodeon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:22 am    Post subject: Re: 2nd Annual No Soul Bowl (week 6) Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:

If the Browns want to win, double AJ all day long, use screens, reverses, and draws. Throw to the TE, our LBs cant cover [inappropriate/removed]. Do this and it will be a long day for us.

It's too bad that we only have 1 TE that is worth throwing too, and he can't block to save his life so we can only have him on the field if we plan on throwing. Or maybe a trick play/gadget play.

I'd like to see us run the ball 30 times, but with Shurmur calling the plays that's not gonna happen. It'll be good to have Haden back. Haden vs. AJ is going to be a long standing rivalry, I hope it's a fun match up to keep on eye on this weekend.
2013: 36 Tackles - 5.5 Sacks -1 FF - 1 FR - 4 PD -2 STF
bungleodeon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

With Taylor, Rubin and DQ likely out, it may be a better outing for BJGE this week running up the middle. When is Phil Taylor back ?

Taylor is on the PUP list, so he isn't eligible to come back until after week 6. There has been a bit of chatter that he is looking ready to come back, so maybe he'll be with us week 7. I hope so.

If Rubin and DQ are both out, you guys should be able to run for 150 yards or more. We let the Giants go for 250ish on us last week, and they haven't looked like a solid running team since 2010. It was embarrassing, even more embarrassing than usual when DQ went down. Our run defense is terrible every year. We've had like 1 good season against the run since '99. And last week, it reminded me of the year we let Jamal Lewis run for 500 yards over 2 games on us. It's going to be terrible if Rubin and DQ are out.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:44 am    Post subject: Re: 2nd Annual No Soul Bowl (week 6) Reply with quote

bungleodeon wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:

It's too bad that we only have 1 TE that is worth throwing too, and he can't block to save his life so we can only have him on the field if we plan on throwing. Or maybe a trick play/gadget play.

I'd like to see us run the ball 30 times, but with Shurmur calling the plays that's not gonna happen. It'll be good to have Haden back. Haden vs. AJ is going to be a long standing rivalry, I hope it's a fun match up to keep on eye on this weekend.

Thanks for the info man......

Joe v AJ was always fun to watch in college. Plus I think Haden thinks he 'owes AJ one' for that blown coverage TD from Gradkowski last year in CLE. Haden has come out and apologised to Browns fans for his suspension, so he'll be playing up to the crowd.

Joe's a fine athlete n'all, but will he be a little 'ring rusty'? AJ might not be 100% too, he got his ankle dinged last week.

I think our D will be better this week than in week 2, and focussed on stopping TRich; but even at 0-5 the Browns have played tough every down.

CIN @ CLE is my favourite NFL fixture, just wish I was there Sunday.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:56 am    Post subject: Re: 2nd Annual No Soul Bowl (week 6) Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:

-Force more turnovers. Weeden should not have the same performance again, he has been underwhelming at best, and we should have a multipick day.

We'll have Dunlap and hopefully Moch back this go round with the Browns, so our rush and QB pressure should be better. I'm counting on MJ93 to give Joe Thomas all he can handle as usual. Better pass rush helps our secondary no end.

Maualuga has looked a little better last couple of weeks; (although he's still poor); and has lost some weight, and if Mays lines up, those two should be able to corral TRich better than last time.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read somewhere that Haden might not play. I'm not sure if that is true. But if they are missing the rest of the guys mentioned our offense should do well. I worry about our defense but hopefully we don't let Weeden look as good as he did last game.

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

my my my, arent you the optimist.

side note: the Reds are killin me today. please give me something else to be happy about

Watching the Dolphins game again put me in a good mood. Like the Ravens game, I saw a good team that just had a bad day (or had fixable issues).

We do however need to make sure we get pressure on Weeden. Schwartz and Joe Thomas both are good tackles. Hopefully Dunlap can have better success against Schwartz than Geathers did (Hard not to). Mack has done the best so far of any interior O-Linemen on Geno.

Hoping that Zimmer dials up the blitzes, especially with Moch back this week...

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
futbudds

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to see Dalton bounce back.
bungleodeon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
I read somewhere that Haden might not play. I'm not sure if that is true. But if they are missing the rest of the guys mentioned our offense should do well. I worry about our defense but hopefully we don't let Weeden look as good as he did last game.

Im about 99% sure Haden's gonna play. Patterson, our nickel back, is out. We will get killed if Haden, Patterson, Rubin, DJack are all out. I mean, our defesne would be downright horrible in that situation. All time bad.
candyman93

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:

I think DQ will play. I don't think Rubin will.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

I think DQ will play. I don't think Rubin will.

I'm sure DQ wants to play, I'm just always worried when it comes to head injuries. In today's NFL it takes like a 20 person review committee to allow a guy back on the field after a head injury. I sure hope they let him in the game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: