Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft Prospects Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
I would hope a vet to be plugged in @ OL...game experience can't be simulated in OTAs and TC.

There's plenty of rookie offensive lineman who come into the NFL and have success their rookie years[besides Danny Watkins].
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
Yo B60, what's up with your boy De'Anthony Thomas? You think he makes an impact in the NFL one day?

Yeah for sure. As much as a DeSean Jackson if not more. De'Anthony Thomas seriously might be faster and have more of the "It" factor playmaking ability then DeSean. DeSean Jackson is the fasest most explosive all gear speed play maker i ever seen regularly in my life, but Thomas might be there with him.

hes reported to run a sub 4.2 at times in the 40, he looks Dione Sanders fast out there, several sights project him to run a low 4.2 hahaha, he could probably run a sub 4.3 in pads. He tooks two steps like Moss, Vick, Jackson, C.Johnson, Dione and hes going 110 MPH faster then every one on the field.

Not as much the receiver as Jackson , runs barely a handful of routes but he has sticky hands, but he can play RB, KR, PR, SLOT, Outside WR, and even a little under center if need be in a Wildcat and and lol maybe some CB as Oregon almost recruited him as a corner and considered several times of moving him there as i guess hes pretty legit out there. Thomas Is a threat for 6 every time he touches it as his speed , vision and instincts are rare and cant be developed by coaching. Is limited in the run game from what i have seen, obviously he cant bang off tackle but traps and misdirection plays he can torch the field on, he needs less room for daylight then i have ever seen and thats saying a lot as DeSean , Vick and Westbrook are like the the master of cracks and seems, he just needs a lot less space to create space then every one else.

His biggest knack is obviously his size and lack of a true positions, i dont think he can be full time anything, but can truly be a home run threat when ever needed, hes like DeSean Jackson, Danny Woodhead and Devin Hester in a small package or Josh Cribbs skills In DeSean Jacksons body. He looks small and looks like he doesnt respond to well to contact either. Nothing big just at times looks like hes about to be split in half like Johnny Knox and can get stunned for a series. I think hes upwards of 5'9 165... Hes a puppy tho but thats not a frame, hes not built built ya know.

De'Anthony Thomas , Markus Wheaton, Robert Woods, Kenjon Barner are the most explosive all gear speed players i have seen in the college since Michael Vick, Chris Johnson and DeSean Jackson, that rare silky smooth blend of dope'alicious agility and intergalatic warp speed player. I think all these guys find them selves going off the board before the end of the 2nd round and can contribute instantly on special teams and from multiple positions on offense as home run threats.

If the Eagles spent a pick early on any of these guys i would be pleased for real. Hard to argue with. Thomas

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Not as much the receiver as Jackson , runs barely a handful of routes but he has sticky hands, but he can play RB, KR, PR, SLOT, Outside WR, and even a little under center if need be in a Wildcat and and lol maybe some CB as Oregon almost recruited him as a corner and considered several times of moving him there as i guess hes pretty legit out there. Thomas Is a threat for 6 every time he touches it as his speed , vision and instincts are rare and cant be developed by coaching. Is limited in the run game from what i have seen, obviously he cant bang off tackle but traps and misdirection plays he can torch the field on, he needs less room for daylight then i have ever seen and thats saying a lot as DeSean , Vick and Westbrook are like the the master of cracks and seems, he just needs a lot less space to create space then every one else.

His biggest knack is obviously his size and lack of a true positions, i dont think he can be full time anything, but can truly be a home run threat when ever needed, hes like DeSean Jackson, Danny Woodhead and Devin Hester in a small package or Josh Cribbs skills In DeSean Jacksons body. He looks small and looks like he doesnt respond to well to contact either. Nothing big just at times looks like hes about to be split in half like Johnny Knox and can get stunned for a series. I think hes upwards of 5'9 165... Hes a puppy tho but thats not a frame, hes not built built ya know.

So he's pretty similar to Darren Sproles, except three inches taller?
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
If the Eagles spent a pick early on any of these guys i would be pleased for real. Hard to argue with. Thomas

He does have some amazing speed. And funny you should mention DeSean, because Thomas is from LA and friends with him. And I totally forgot about Barner. Damn Oregon has some crazy speed on offense. I wouldn't mind drafting another match-up problem on our offense.
marky_b27

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's everyone's thoughts of drafting someone at a position which isn't a massive need, say if Bjoern Werner fell to us in the mid teens.

Pick him, or reach for a position of need.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
nlesthought

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too high IMO...end of the 1st and he's BPA ehhh maybe.

EDIT: I think it depends on how the rest of the season plays out to really decide needs IMO.

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Bird Watch '13 - Placekicker #6 - Alex 'the podiatrist' Henery.
22/27 LNG 51yds; 42 XPs; 1 KOR TD given up.
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

He'd be BPA at 10.
nlesthought

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Quote:

He'd be BPA at 10.

I'm sorry I watched a lot of FSU football historically I'm hesitant about putting that high a grade on him. Despite the below par game vs NC State he's playing well, but top 10 is a bit high

Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Quote:

He'd be BPA at 10.

I'm sorry I watched a lot of FSU football historically I'm hesitant about putting that high a grade on him. Despite the below par game vs NC State he's playing well, but top 10 is a bit high

He and Montgomery are my 1A/1B for defensive ends. They're both likely top ten picks, IMO.
nlesthought

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
nlesthought wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Quote:

He'd be BPA at 10.

He and Montgomery are my 1A/1B for defensive ends. They're both likely top ten picks, IMO.

Are you adding 34 OLBs or 5tech DEs to that assessment are just pure 4-3 DEs?

Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
nlesthought wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Quote:

He'd be BPA at 10.

Just 4-3 DEs
nlesthought

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
nlesthought wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
nlesthought wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Quote:

He'd be BPA at 10.

Just 4-3 DEs

Its still early, I do believe they both are top 10 talents (potentially) I just don't think that's where Werner will be selected. IMO. Wink

bkb77

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Quote:

So he's pretty similar to Darren Sproles, except three inches taller?

Thats not a bad comp. because Sproles really isn't a RB or a WR hes somewhere inbetween. I would compare Thomas to a More Expolsive and Gifted Dexter McCluster. Which is Pretty much somewhere inbetween Sproles & a Welker type slot man(although hes nowhere near the route runner that Welker is).

Props to Kiltman on the Sig
willy_law

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
What's everyone's thoughts of drafting someone at a position which isn't a massive need, say if Bjoern Werner fell to us in the mid teens.

Pick him, or reach for a position of need.

depends who i son the board, i really think Werner will be a great 4-3 end and could help us out in the future but I think if we have an OL that we like there... Kelly or Lewan or one of the WR is there... Hunter... or one of the safeties like Reid or Mcdonald... we have some serious thinking to do
willy_law

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Quote:
I'm thinking someone over 6' 200lbs....

Rodney Smith, Florida State - 6-5, 219 lbs - MONSTER
Aarom Mellette, Elon - 6-3, 218 lbs - small school kid, high potential, needs some work.

A wideout I really like it DeAndre Hopkins, Clemson - this dude has straight balled out this year. He really caught me in the FSU game, and kept balling out against Ga Tech. He has that second gear that we love, great hands, can make the tough catch, and he's got good size[6-1, 200 lbs].

#6 for BC on the left is my old high school teammate. Hopkins straight ABUSED him all game. Hopkins is gonna be huge but this class is just wayyy to stacked. Give me Hunter and if he isnt available then we can start talking about Hopkins and Allen and Swope and Dobson

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 66 of 99

Jump to: