Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Greatest Offenses of the last 15 years
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Pick your favorite offense
'06-Present Saints
6%
 6%  [ 7 ]
'07-Present Pats
21%
 21%  [ 25 ]
'03-'10 Colts
10%
 10%  [ 12 ]
'96-'98 Broncos
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
'02-'05 Chiefs
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
'99-'01 Rams
32%
 32%  [ 37 ]
'98 Vikings
11%
 11%  [ 13 ]
'11 Packers
9%
 9%  [ 11 ]
- Vermeil
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
Brett Favre
4%
 4%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 115

FirstDownFaulk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
PatriotsWin! wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Remind me, how has Brady done with bad defenses?

Since Pats D went down the toilet...

Most Wins in the NFL since... idk, go as far back as you wish! Pats avg like 12 or 13 wins a year with Brady.

Been to TWO Super bowls.

Lead the highest scoring offense multiple years. #1 since 06

Been NFL MVP twice. CPOY once. Countless Probowls, and a couple All Pros...

Brady has not struggled b/c of his bad defenses.

But the Patriots have WON how many Super Bowls?

How many did Manning win with bad defenses ?? Montana ?? Marino ?? Favre ?? Once again...you hold Brady to IMPOSSIBLE standards to make a hatred based point; that you simply don't like him and will reach for anything to discredit him.

I don't think you understand the point I'm making at all. I'm not holding Brady to an impossible standard. I'm making the point to not hold Kurt Warner to a double standard. This was in response to someone using Arizona not winning that SB game against Warner when they claimed that he had "elite talent around him". The point I'm making is that winning a Super Bowl with a bad defense is an incredibly hard task. Brady is an example.

Do you understand?

I definitely understand your intentions and where you stand on everything Brady/Patriots related Laughing Laughing

It's been 11 years....don't you think it's time you swallowed it ??

So you don't understand which is why you went off on an unrelated tangent? Ok. Well, if you're unable to understand, I'd say just stop posting.

Accept it. Warner is a NEVER was. Brady is more accomplished and better, not matter what scenarios you try and conjure up.

jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FirstDownFaulk wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
PatriotsWin! wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Most Wins in the NFL since... idk, go as far back as you wish! Pats avg like 12 or 13 wins a year with Brady.

Been to TWO Super bowls.

How many did Manning win with bad defenses ?? Montana ?? Marino ?? Favre ?? Once again...you hold Brady to IMPOSSIBLE standards to make a hatred based point; that you simply don't like him and will reach for anything to discredit him.

I don't think you understand the point I'm making at all. I'm not holding Brady to an impossible standard. I'm making the point to not hold Kurt Warner to a double standard. This was in response to someone using Arizona not winning that SB game against Warner when they claimed that he had "elite talent around him". The point I'm making is that winning a Super Bowl with a bad defense is an incredibly hard task. Brady is an example.

Do you understand?

I definitely understand your intentions and where you stand on everything Brady/Patriots related Laughing Laughing

So you don't understand which is why you went off on an unrelated tangent? Ok. Well, if you're unable to understand, I'd say just stop posting.

Accept it. Warner is a NEVER was. Brady is more accomplished and better, not matter what scenarios you try and conjure up.

I think the bold pretty clearly speaks to your level of football knowledge. You're not worth my time and you're not actually contributing to this conversation. Buh bye.

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
FirstDownFaulk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
PatriotsWin! wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Been to TWO Super bowls.

Do you understand?

I think the bold pretty clearly speaks to your level of football knowledge. You're not worth my time and you're not actually contributing to this conversation. Buh bye.

Three good years is a career ?? Exactly...he is a NEVER was.

Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FirstDownFaulk wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
PatriotsWin! wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Been to TWO Super bowls.

Do you understand?

Three good years is a career ?? Exactly...he is a NEVER was.
i'll echo Jrry's sentiment, if you honestly believe that Warner a future HOF QB who owns the 1st, 2nd, & 3rd best passing performances in SB history is a never was, you don't know football well enough to speak intelligently on the subject.

OneBadCat wrote:
Ahah Okay first of all Gamble was lost to IR this year but when healthy he proved to be 2nd only to Revis last season.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are claiming someone who never performed without elite talent around him, failed several times when he did have elite talent around him, and produced acceptable seasons in half the ones he played in, should be in GOAT discussion.

Dont tell anyoe they cant speak intelligently of the subject. Hell, some of you generally believe Rice was a more effective offensive weapon than Moss Laughing I mean, GTFO LMAO Laughing
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
You are claiming someone who never performed without elite talent around him, failed several times when he did have elite talent around him, and produced acceptable seasons in half the ones he played in, should be in GOAT discussion.

Dont tell anyoe they cant speak intelligently of the subject. Hell, some of you generally believe Rice was a more effective offensive weapon than Moss Laughing I mean, GTFO LMAO Laughing

Uh no. If you're capable of reading my actual post, it says that had he not had the debilitating hand injuries, I believe he'd be in the conversation. Pure conjecture on a "if" statement...we'll never know but he's definitely not in the GOAT discussion.

And stop spouting that garbage. That Cardinals team did not have elite talent. 2 WRs does not make a team elite.

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

NextBigThing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

Uh no. If you're capable of reading my actual post, it says that had he not had the debilitating hand injuries, I believe he'd be in the conversation. Pure conjecture on a "if" statement...we'll never know but he's definitely not in the GOAT discussion.

And stop spouting that garbage. That Cardinals team did not have elite talent. 2 WRs does not make a team elite.

1) thanks for clarifying
2) Adrian Wilson, Karlos Danzby, and Darnell Docket were good. The OL allowed 28 sacks all year, the 11th best total in football.

We have an above average offensive line, two great wide outs, a great defensive lineman, a great linebacker, and a great safety.

What terrible building blocks to have for the tram. Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

1) thanks for clarifying
2) Adrian Wilson, Karlos Danzby, and Darnell Docket were good. The OL allowed 28 sacks all year, the 11th best total in football.

We have an above average offensive line, two great wide outs, a great defensive lineman, a great linebacker, and a great safety.

What terrible building blocks to have for the tram. Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes

Their defense finished 28th in the NFL in PPG. That OL was not above average if you actually watched them play. Stop reading box scores. Warner like Manning in his last few years with Indy made that OL look decent against opposing pass rush.

That was not even close to an elite team. It was Warner and their WR Core. The rest of the team was meh at best.

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

91jmay

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

1) thanks for clarifying

Did you really just use three defenders as some kind of argument that the 08 Cards were stacked? Those three 'great' players on D couldn't stop them from having the 5th worst points allowed total in football, 26.6 per game, or the 19th ranked D in yards per game.

Oh and that 'above average O-line' anchored the leagues worst rushing game, with 1,178 @ 3.5 YPC.

If you think that is good support you should stop talking football. Its embarrassing.

He's going to last until the 20's, quote that.

On Bridgewater.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best offense was probably the Rams GSOT, but in terms of which I found to be the most exciting was the Colts from the mid-00s. Seeing Peyton Manning at the LOS making adjustments while defenses either made adjustments or simply looked confused was a thing of beauty. Teams were so scared of Peyton that they opted to run the ball just to keep him from getting the ball and racking up yards/points on them... and with Indy's horrible run defense, they were successful in that approach.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: