Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

#Pryor'sBrigade.. He would of been a top 3 pick this year
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 96, 97, 98  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
holyghost

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not in favor of Pryor replacing Palmer any time soon, not at all.

But I think it is dumb not to activate him and have him see a package every game. He has some unique skills that could be used. Anything to score some more points, give a spark, challenge an opposing defense. Anything to help win. He is no kind of passer, but he's not without some talents..

Is our 45th man so important that it can't be Pryor?
Darkness

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:

But I think it is dumb not to activate him and have him see a package every game. He has some unique skills that could be used. Anything to score some more points, give a spark, challenge an opposing defense. Anything to help win. He is no kind of passer, but he's not without some talents..

+1 I completely agree.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silver_surfer wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
silver_surfer wrote:
this team sucks... We have no hope in the short term.. It's time to throw Pryor out there. You act like being a NFL QB is like becoming head of the Senate.... Pryor is just a football player...It's time to bring some life back to the team...

PRYOR, PRYOR, PRYOR, PRYO R

Please shut up. Like seriously. Shut up.

Oakland is in bad enough shape without putting a QB who isn't a sound passer under center. Some gimmick plays, sure. Starting QB. There is a reason he is #3 on the list.

I won't SHUT UP! I SHOULDN'T SHUT UP BECAUSE YOU HAVE A DIFFERENT OPINION THEN ME... He's number 3 because he is raw, but he might have the most to offer this team. Only one way for a player to get experience. Pryor is closer to Cam Newton then Tim Tebow. He isn't a lame duck out there... All he does is move the chains

LOL. Just shut up already.

PM sig requests.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
holyghost wrote:

+1 I completely agree.

Same here. The Wildcat can be effective when used sparingly, and he has the perfect skill set for that type of play. It doesnt need to be Wildcat specifically, but there has got to be some way to get him on the field once in a while. Pryor, McFadden and Reece in the same package inside the 10 could be a good thing- 3 potential runners, two potential passers (not sure whos a better thrower- McFadden or Pryor Laughing ), and lots of speed.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Chali21

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
Darkness wrote:
holyghost wrote:

+1 I completely agree.

Same here. The Wildcat can be effective when used sparingly, and he has the perfect skill set for that type of play. It doesnt need to be Wildcat specifically, but there has got to be some way to get him on the field once in a while. Pryor, McFadden and Reece in the same package inside the 10 could be a good thing- 3 potential runners, two potential passers (not sure whos a better thrower- McFadden or Pryor Laughing ), and lots of speed.

I'm surprised we haven't seen DMC make one pass yet. He did it all the time at Arkanas.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Darkness wrote:
holyghost wrote:

+1 I completely agree.

I'm surprised we haven't seen DMC make one pass yet. He did it all the time at Arkanas.

iirc everytime we tried wildcat with bush or dmac it failed.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Chali21

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Darkness wrote:
holyghost wrote:

+1 I completely agree.

iirc everytime we tried wildcat with bush or dmac it failed.

or even use him like how the chargers used LT.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:

Just playing devil's advocate, but how can the staff justify learning something new when they don't have the basic package down?

That being said I agree with you.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
jfitz812

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silver_surfer wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
silver_surfer wrote:
this team sucks... We have no hope in the short term.. It's time to throw Pryor out there. You act like being a NFL QB is like becoming head of the Senate.... Pryor is just a football player...It's time to bring some life back to the team...

PRYOR, PRYOR, PRYOR, PRYO R

Please shut up. Like seriously. Shut up.

Oakland is in bad enough shape without putting a QB who isn't a sound passer under center. Some gimmick plays, sure. Starting QB. There is a reason he is #3 on the list.

I won't SHUT UP! I SHOULDN'T SHUT UP BECAUSE YOU HAVE A DIFFERENT OPINION THEN ME... He's number 3 because he is raw, but he might have the most to offer this team. Only one way for a player to get experience. Pryor is closer to Cam Newton then Tim Tebow. He isn't a lame duck out there... All he does is move the chains

Hahahaha

He said Tim Tebow....

Used him as an argument to start Pryor even....

Love it.

Props to cDubs14 on the sig.

Adopt-a-Raider 2012: Carson Palmer
Django

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something for the Pryor heads
http://trainlikeaproapp.com/
Dcreek

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Raiders are like 2-8, yeah... Put in Pryor.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Django wrote:

Didn't Pryor throw a couple picks in there? How are you going to make sales like that? or were those the best ones?

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Dreadymatt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He should definitely be activated, remember how fleet footed he looked against Detroit in preseason - personally I'd put in at no 2 over ML
Raidin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Django wrote:

Jesus, he looks terrible.
holyghost

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
Django wrote:

Jesus, he looks terrible.

I honestly saw a marked difference between his accuracy when either he was on the move or the target was on the move, as opposed to when he had to sit as if in a pocket. His worst series was when he was throwing over the dummies, standing still. Which means he is not throwing instinctually in that circumstance, but rather trying to hit a spot from a pocket stance.

Peyton Manning has his stutter step style which he uses as a mechanical device to set his feet properly throw after throw after throw. Pryor, if watched in the preseason, has very lazy feet in the pocket. He needs to enable some sort of habit that keeps his feet moving and serves as a reminder to his mechanics to set his feet and be the trigger to a repetitive and proper throwing motion. With his feet moving, he displays a measure of natural accuracy.

If he can engage his feet in the pocket the way that he naturally does when he is on the move, he can be far more accurate overall. Because he is accurate when on the move, as seen in this video and the handful of good throws from the preseason. The best of them were thrown on the move, ala the 2nd Criner TD.

If I can figure this out from 1 preseason game and a 3 minute training video, his goddamn QB coach better figure it out and get something done about it. It better have already been figured out months ago. If he is shaped properly, he has both athleticism and potential. If he is neglected, he'll never be an NFL passer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 96, 97, 98  Next
Page 19 of 98

Jump to: