Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RGIII has Concussion *EDITED*
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. Taylor wrote:
Slateman wrote:
I'd rather he didn't play. You only get so much damage before you are to damaged to play. No reason to increase that number with meaningless games.

If Jared Allen is playing, I want RGIII to chill....
Let Cousins get that welcome to the NFL. Laughing

Everson Griffen is actually tied with Jared Allen as the team's leading sacker this year. Dont forget about him Wink
footy_29

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Griffin practiced today, separately, but he still practiced, which means he will start on Sunday.

Trent looks like he is coming into his own, and I think Kyle Shanahan's play-calling has been underrated thus far, so between those two I trust that RG3 will be protected from unnecessary hits.

Blknite01's masterpiece
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though Rg3 is cleared to play, I would really like to see him sit this week out as a precaution.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
Griffin practiced today, separately, but he still practiced, which means he will start on Sunday.

Trent looks like he is coming into his own, and I think Kyle Shanahan's play-calling has been underrated thus far, so between those two I trust that RG3 will be protected from unnecessary hits.

Agreed on Trent, he's finally becoming the all pro caliber LT that he is capable of becoming. Playing the game against Tampa on that bad knee was impressive enough, and so far this year he has been far more consistent

kiltman on the sig

JMU Class of 2014
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Even though Rg3 is cleared to play, I would really like to see him sit this week out as a precaution.
I agree. I think they need new concussion rules. If you get one, you sit out a game. You have 2, you sit out at the least 2 and so on and so on.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DCRED

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
I agree. I think they need new concussion rules. If you get one, you sit out a game. You have 2, you sit out at the least 2 and so on and so on.

I agree. Good thing is that it is not up to the team so they will have no blame. It is independent neurologists and doctors that will clear him. I feel better about that. However, I too would like to see him sit for a week
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Slateman wrote:
I'd rather he didn't play. You only get so much damage before you are to damaged to play. No reason to increase that number with meaningless games.

Uhh, I agree -- I'd rather he not play ,,,but MEANINGLESS game ??? huh????????????

I assume he meant meaningless as in "practice games are meaningless, no need for him to get hit there."
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

They have a newly agreed upon protocol in the last couple of years. Not all concussions are the same, even when they're all mild. Some people heal quickly from them, some people take longer. It's kind of crap shoot because no one can directly see the injury. Well, I think you sort of can with a fMRI (not a doctor, do not pretend to be one), but you need a solid baseline.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

They have a newly agreed upon protocol in the last couple of years. Not all concussions are the same, even when they're all mild. Some people heal quickly from them, some people take longer. It's kind of crap shoot because no one can directly see the injury. Well, I think you sort of can with a fMRI (not a doctor, do not pretend to be one), but you need a solid baseline.
i think they need to get away from the terms "dinged", "bell rung" and "mild concussion". If a player is dinged, it's a problem, same with bell rung and mild concussion. Until coaching staffs and training staffs start taking this more seriously, nothing will change. The league has to do something here to make them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DCRED

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

i think they need to get away from the terms "dinged", "bell rung" and "mild concussion". If a player is dinged, it's a problem, same with bell rung and mild concussion. Until coaching staffs and training staffs start taking this more seriously, nothing will change. The league has to do something here to make them.

What, like having independent neurologists and doctors evaluate a player and take the process out of the teams' hands? Yeah... They did that
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
What, like having independent neurologists and doctors evaluate a player and take the process out of the teams' hands? Yeah... They did that
are those independent people on the sidelines? Or is this someone that the players go to during the week
DCRED

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
are those independent people on the sidelines? Or is this someone that the players go to during the week

Both, is what I understood. But I see that the "athletic trainer" will be "upstairs" until the player is in the locker room. Either way, you are right-- that's not good enough.
They should have one on the field AND the trainer should be allowed to evaluate any POSSIBLE concussion. Also, I agree with someone else's comment (not on here, but) that the player who hit the injured player in the head should be removed from the game until the injured player returns. That would alleviate many head shots right there. You would see players pulling up when about to drill someone's head

Oh and it needs to be a doctor, not a trainer looking at him. Can't tell me there aren't 16 certified, qualified doctors who wouldn't do it for money that the NFL can afford
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:

Both, is what I understood. But I see that the "athletic trainer" will be "upstairs" until the player is in the locker room. Either way, you are right-- that's not good enough.

They should have one on the field AND the trainer should be allowed to evaluate any POSSIBLE concussion. Also, I agree with someone else's comment (not on here, but) that the player who hit the injured player in the head should be removed from the game until the injured player returns. That would alleviate many head shots right there. You would see players pulling up when about to drill someone's head

Oh and it needs to be a doctor, not a trainer looking at him. Can't tell me there aren't 16 certified, qualified doctors who wouldn't do it for money that the NFL can afford
great points! I love it

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: