Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 5, Detroit Lions vs. Philly Eagles GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins
Detroit Lions
51%
 51%  [ 16 ]
Philly Eagles
48%
 48%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 31

studdogs

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must always root for a Lions win...plus “rumor has it” they could hear the Lions coaches screaming in Allen Park all the way up into the U.P.,...over the bye week!

Would love to see our young players Step-it-Up-in-Philly!

Lions Win...27 – 24
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't say I didn't warn you! Razz

Anyway, I think Nnamdi will get the chunk of time matched up against Calvin, which is something I'm looking forward to. Hoping for a good game.
Jrugges

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't Philly's line in shambles especailly LT? Lions better be able to get pressure with there DE's or it's going to be a long, long season. Mad

I expect Lions to go HARD though and make this a tough game, I dont' know who wins. I'm leaning Philly cause of their defense.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude.....WTF?

Someone start a new GDT, this one's ruined Shocked
qball8001

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lions 31 - Eagles - 28.

We end the losing streak and start a winning streak. I have been watching a lot of the eagles play. Their D is not that good. They barely beat Cleveland. I think we are giving this Eagles team a lot of credit, but I do not think that credit is actually due.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qball8001 wrote:
Lions 31 - Eagles - 28.

We end the losing streak and start a winning streak. I have been watching a lot of the eagles play. Their D is not that good. They barely beat Cleveland. I think we are giving this Eagles team a lot of credit, but I do not think that credit is actually due.

No you're right, its much better.

"You will never walk again... but you will fly"
“You forget. My father had four sons.”
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
TheROARisBACK

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's going to be difficult passing on them although Nnamdi hasn't been playing at the same level. Our other receivers really need to step up.
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really looking forward to the Calvin-Nnamdi matchup. Nnamdi likely won't follow him all game but he'll probably be on Calvin a good amount of the game. Also DRC is probably the corner best suited to shutdown Calvin in the entire NFL (if it was possible), he's one of the taller corners and fastest players in the league. That being said I expect to see Calvin put up a 100 yard, 1 TD game because our safety duo is trash (one is average, the other is worse than trash). Regardless I think it'll be fun seeing how our big corners cover the games best big receiver (...and best overall).

Seems a lot of you guys aren't liking the Lion's chances here. While I hope it's a blowout in our favor I see it ending separated by no more than two scores. Not to be cocky but I think the Eagles would be one of the best team in the league if they eliminated turnovers. Which is easier said then done, and any team would be substantially better if you eliminated their turnovers, but my point was I think the only team that can beat the Eagles is themselves.
Eagles 34
Lions 21

I think the Eagles finally put up an offensive performance that will leave us satisfied, and will continue to be stout on defense as usual, but will let up a pair of big plays to Calvin. Only thing I'm afraid of is that the Lions sense of urgency likely far outweighs ours plus they're fresh off the buy, although I'm willing to believe that the Eagles' home field advantage kind of equals the playing field there. Should be a quality game, worst of luck! Razz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Optimist: Coaches have corrected the problems that have plagued us thus far...poor special teams, slow offensive starts, lack of defensive pressure. Healthy Delmas proves to be a big addition. Lions create turnovers and win a close one.

Pessimist: Nothing has been corrected, defense still can't pressure, ST gives up a TD, Delmas gets hurt, Lions get blown out.

Truthfully I'm somewhere in the middle on this one. Gut says we lose but if our ST's has corrected their problems we should be in the game until the end. A healthy Delmas won't solve all our secondary problems but should definitely help.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect calvin johnson to single handedly destroy us. Drunk and sober me agree.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Was the dog eating the child?
DetroitSpirit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see the Lions winning by 10.
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are 0-3 in games after the bye week in the Mayhew/Schwartz era. Not too promising.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
We are 0-3 in games after the bye week in the Mayhew/Schwartz era. Not too promising.

That's an interesting stat.... Brick wall

I think the Lions lose this game. I really don't have much faith in them right now until they show us something.
lionsbs1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I am not too optimistic about this game...like at all. However, there are a couple things going for us, (1) I believe (more like hope) that stafford will finally pull it together with all the receivers and (2) we are going to be very healthy for this game. I think all the starters will be healthy besides Corey, correct? I just pray our special teams put in work and our secondary studied film, hardcore, this week. The Lions need this win and it looks like we will find out what Detroit is made of this year....
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titus young has missed a lot of practice due to his knee. He is back at practice now so hopefully he has improved, that could have been a big reason he has struggled early on.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 2 of 33

Jump to: