Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Top 10 Offenses in the NFL
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
streetlight3989

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
I wouldnt put the Steelers in the top 10. If we can run like we did this past week and Ben can keep playing at a really high level..sure. But we couldnt run on anything prior to the game vs the Eagels. Some say it was Mendy's return, but I still want to see how this looks going forward in the run game.

I like Ben and their trio of receivers a lot. I am concerned about the Oline and running game, but Mendhenhall seems like he's always produced with a less than stellar Oline, and all he needs to do is take pressure off of Ben. I think the Steelers have more fire power than most teams in the league, but you'd know better than me.
SFaithful97

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yupyup wrote:
o_0 wrote:
#1 Rush offense in the NFL
#3 Scoring offense in the NFL

I would definitely put the Niners in the top ten. Probably somewhere just outside the top 5.

All you have to do is get a quick lead on SF and the offense falls apart. Not exactly top 10 worthy.
One could then argue that 4 of the 10 listed in the OP have serious questions about their running game or to be more accurate about a few, no running game to speak of. The 49ers have the most dangerous, creative, and balanced rushing attack in the game. Doesn't that have some impact on the ranking? Also a top 3 scoring offense should be a factor. Especially when you take into account that our defense and special teams haven't been giving the offense short fields like they did last year.

Nobody will argue that they have the most explosive passing attack in the league, but they are efficient and have the top rated passer in the NFL. If this is a list for this year, it is unfathomable to leave them off the top 10 list of overall offenses.
streetlight3989

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFaithful97 wrote:
yupyup wrote:
o_0 wrote:
#1 Rush offense in the NFL
#3 Scoring offense in the NFL

I would definitely put the Niners in the top ten. Probably somewhere just outside the top 5.

All you have to do is get a quick lead on SF and the offense falls apart. Not exactly top 10 worthy.
One could then argue that 4 of the 10 listed in the OP have serious questions about their running game or to be more accurate about a few, no running game to speak of. The 49ers have the most dangerous, creative, and balanced rushing attack in the game. Doesn't that have some impact on the ranking? Also a top 3 scoring offense should be a factor. Especially when you take into account that our defense and special teams haven't been giving the offense short fields like they did last year.

Nobody will argue that they have the most explosive passing attack in the league, but they are efficient and have the top rated passer in the NFL. If this is a list for this year, it is unfathomable to leave them off the top 10 list of overall offenses.

I understand your point, and San Francisco does belong in the top 10 offenses so far. I am however compiling this list based not just on what has already happened this year, but how I think teams offenses will produce as the season progresses. The Packers, the Saints, the Steelers, the Lions, and to a lesser extent the Giants and the Chargers all have questions in their running games, but I think at least the Steelers, the Giants, the Saints, and the Chargers will work it out. The Packers passing game is good enough that they don't need a strong running game. The Lions I may have made a mistake on and I actually do think the 49ers have a better offense than them.

I know San Francisco has shaken up their offense, but a lot of the games they lost last year were due to their offense not producing when it mattered most. That still sticks with me, as unfounded as that may be. I know they've been playing extremely well so far and their run game is dangerous, but they have to show me this consistency for a couple more weeks before I rank them in the top 5 or 6 offenses in the NFL. They also have to show me an ability to come from behind and win in a shootout.

Like I said, I considered the 49ers from spot 7 on and I am aware of how well their offense has been performing. The top 3 scoring offense is impressive, even if it was against some weak opponents. If they keep this up for a couple more weeks I'd agree with everything you're saying. This is just my opinion though and you do raise some good points.

Last edited by streetlight3989 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
texans_uk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#4 is a little high for us to be honest.

Our D has been the crucial cog to our success.

Get up early
Make plays on D
Run the ball

That's pretty much our tactic.

streetlight3989

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're that high because they're close to, if not, the most balanced offense in the NFL. I love that zone blocking schemed running game and I know that Schuab can beat teams through the air if needed. I also really like Houston's play action game. The defense takes a lot of pressure off of that offense, but from what I've seen, it runs like a well oiled machine.
Rosstafarian

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
#4 is a little high for us to be honest.

Our D has been the crucial cog to our success.

Get up early
Make plays on D
Run the ball

That's pretty much our tactic.

Maybe a little but we haven't exactly been involved in any real shoot-outs yet so it's kind of hard to judge the Texans offense. I think they have the QB, Weapons, and Oline to be at least a top 10 passing offense if needed, and I think they are a top 5 running offense. Not many teams in the NFL really have that kind of firepower with both running and passing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: