Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 6: Rams @ Dolphins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Miami2DaMax


Joined: 24 Mar 2010
Posts: 787
Location: North Carolina
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see the Rams scoring anymore than 10 points.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bpastermack


Joined: 17 Feb 2009
Posts: 13115
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that St Louis leads the NFL or is second depending on who posted in opponents QB rating. But let's be honest here, what is the level of QB's they have faced? Stafford was probably the best one they have faced, but other than that they faced a rookie in RGIII, Jay Cutler, another rookie in Wilson, and Kevin Kolb. Of course we have a rookie too, so I don't expect fireworks, but the simple truth is the Rams have not faced a ton of Tom Brady's so far. I would hold off on calling it the number 1 pass defense just yet.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bpastermack


Joined: 17 Feb 2009
Posts: 13115
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for the game overall, it should be a good one. I think the matchups favor Miami. The best thing we do is run the ball on offense and stop the run on defense. The best thing St Louis does is run the ball on offense and stop the pass on defense. So our strengths play into their weaknesses and their strengths play into our strengths if that makes sense. At least it made sense in my head anyways. lol

The real matchup in this game that I'm surprised no one has talked about yet is Fisher vs. Philbin!! If you recall Fisher was the guy Miami really wanted, and he gave us the stiff arm to head up to St Louis. I'd love to see Philbin get the win here, and more importantly for Tannehill to outshine Bradshaw in the duel of the QB's since that was supposedly the big reason Fisher went to St Louis was the QB situation. Not that I expect that because St Louis' pass defense is better than ours and Tannehill is still a rookie.

Miami should win this game although one potential wild card for me is Brockers. He has been injured if I recall and he is a guy I thought was the best DT in the draft. He eats up double teams like nobodies business and if he is fully healthy he could give our running game more problems than I would like.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ViolentMonk71


Joined: 06 May 2005
Posts: 3766
Location: Don Shula's front porch
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the Thursday Night game against the Cardinals and thought the Rams looked pretty good, but I see them as being very similar to teams the Dolphins have already faced (Cardinals and Bengals).

For the Rams its going to come down to Bradford...the Phins have the best Run D in the NFL.....while facing some of the best runner in the league...

For the Dolphins its going to be about the DB's not giving up big plays and Tannehill avoiding mistakes....

The biggest factor may come down to weather conditions...the Dome team will be outside in the Florida Heat....which is still coming in at very warm 90 plus degrees and relatively high humidity in those dark blue uniforms....in a game where the teams are somewhat evenly matched I always go home team....especially when the weather is such a factor...

24 - 10 Dolphins
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WAR ENSEMBLE


Joined: 11 Mar 2008
Posts: 1506
Location: NW Indiana, USA
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another "winnable" game. Phins let a very winnable game vs The Jets slip away, and made up for it vs The Bengals. They need to beat this Rams team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deets


Moderator
Joined: 16 Oct 2004
Posts: 12771
Location: Red Sox Nation
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dolphins have trouble with good tight ends and elite receivers. The Rams have an average running game and a very weak passing game with no dangerous playmakers. I see the Rams struggling to get any offense. If they get to the endzone at all it would take a turnover or big special teams play.

Our offense should play this one conservatively with all the running backs getting touches. Tannehill should try some play action, but I'd like to see 65%-70% runs. If we focus on running (especially late in the game) we should be able to take them down.

Prediction:

Dolphins: 20
Rams: 0
_________________

FF Member #67
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Russ57


Joined: 25 Aug 2008
Posts: 682
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas has another concussion so it looks like it is Lamar's chance to shine. Nolan should be the CB as well.

I'd feel better if we were 100% healthy. Should be a good test for Tannehill.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fins20??SBChamp


Joined: 30 Dec 2010
Posts: 566
Location: Tampa
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
The Dolphins have trouble with good tight ends and elite receivers. The Rams have an average running game and a very weak passing game with no dangerous playmakers. I see the Rams struggling to get any offense. If they get to the endzone at all it would take a turnover or big special teams play.

Our offense should play this one conservatively with all the running backs getting touches. Tannehill should try some play action, but I'd like to see 65%-70% runs. If we focus on running (especially late in the game) we should be able to take them down.

Prediction:

Dolphins: 20
Rams: 0


What he said, but "Young G.Z." can boot it from anywhere. So I am thinking the Rams score 3 FGs.

Mia 20
STL 9
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JCool333


Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

Joined: 13 Mar 2005
Posts: 12767
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miami2DaMax wrote:
I don't see the Rams scoring anymore than 10 points.


I would agree, but way too often as fans, we underrate backups and unknowns. Just because they don't have stats doesn't mean they wouldn't if they played. In other words, we don't know them because they haven't played, but a lot fo the time, they're still pretty good. All it takes for a touchdown is a screen and a missed tackle sometimes.

Still, I think we win this one based on how we've been playing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deets


Moderator
Joined: 16 Oct 2004
Posts: 12771
Location: Red Sox Nation
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fins20??SBChamp wrote:
Deets wrote:
The Dolphins have trouble with good tight ends and elite receivers. The Rams have an average running game and a very weak passing game with no dangerous playmakers. I see the Rams struggling to get any offense. If they get to the endzone at all it would take a turnover or big special teams play.

Our offense should play this one conservatively with all the running backs getting touches. Tannehill should try some play action, but I'd like to see 65%-70% runs. If we focus on running (especially late in the game) we should be able to take them down.

Prediction:

Dolphins: 20
Rams: 0


What he said, but "Young G.Z." can boot it from anywhere. So I am thinking the Rams score 3 FGs.

Mia 20
STL 9


All kickers are mortal. And you can't kick a field goal if Cameron Wake just strip sacked Bradford.
_________________

FF Member #67
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Brodie


Joined: 17 Apr 2012
Posts: 1820
Location: Oakland
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
The Dolphins have trouble with good tight ends and elite receivers. The Rams have an average running game and a very weak passing game with no dangerous playmakers. I see the Rams struggling to get any offense. If they get to the endzone at all it would take a turnover or big special teams play.

Our offense should play this one conservatively with all the running backs getting touches. Tannehill should try some play action, but I'd like to see 65%-70% runs. If we focus on running (especially late in the game) we should be able to take them down.

Prediction:

Dolphins: 20
Rams: 0


20-0!! Foh with that. Our offense isnt really any good but we wont be shut out when our kicker has the leg of god. We will get a few inners, which will set us up in good field position. 17-13 Rams win. This game can go either way evenly matched
_________________


Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 45684
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Deets wrote:
El ramster wrote:
Kaiowas05 wrote:
This will be a decent test for Tanny, perhaps some tighter coverage than he's been used to. D co-ords seem to be chucking the kitchen sink at him and hes stepping up well so hopefully that can continue.


Yes.. This is the best cover corners he'll be facing..
Opposing QB's have a rating of 66.6 vs that secondary.


Better then Revis and Cromartie? Remember, we had a whole half of dealing with Revis before he got hurt.


I see the Rams are a very similar team to the Cardinals, Jets, and Bengals defensively.


Believe it or not, yes. The difference between the Jets and Rams is that the Rams have a great trio with a top 10 CB who can lockdown the slot. I have all types of respect for Davonne Bess but the difference maker in this match-up is that Finnegan is elite in the slot and we have a big CB in Fletcher who is playing at an extremely high level that can match-up with Hartline outside.

I like Tannehill and always have been a fan but I think it's going to be very tough sledding this week. If I was the Dolphins, I'd attack the right side of our defense off tackle with Reggie Bush and then try to play off the play-action every now and then.

For the Rams offensively, I'm not expecting a lot. The Dolphins have a tough defense and we struggle on the road.

I think it'll be a close game, could see it going either way because I don't have a lot of faith in the Rams on the road. This is a very big game for the Rams because they have to find a way to break through to the "W" column away from home. If they can't, it'll tell me that while we're competitive, we're not a playoff contender.

Good luck.


Well I hate the Jets and I hate Revis so I don't particularly care. However I suspect most Jetfans would get very angry to that.


Let em. They're perpetually angry, they have Mark Sanchez at QB.

Deets wrote:
Fins20??SBChamp wrote:
Deets wrote:
The Dolphins have trouble with good tight ends and elite receivers. The Rams have an average running game and a very weak passing game with no dangerous playmakers. I see the Rams struggling to get any offense. If they get to the endzone at all it would take a turnover or big special teams play.

Our offense should play this one conservatively with all the running backs getting touches. Tannehill should try some play action, but I'd like to see 65%-70% runs. If we focus on running (especially late in the game) we should be able to take them down.

Prediction:

Dolphins: 20
Rams: 0


What he said, but "Young G.Z." can boot it from anywhere. So I am thinking the Rams score 3 FGs.

Mia 20
STL 9


All kickers are mortal. And you can't kick a field goal if Cameron Wake just strip sacked Bradford.


Well, seeing as we've faced some pretty imposing defenses and pass rushes, I don't exactly see what makes Miami stand out amongst them. Zuerlein is mortal but he has 60+ yard range and Bradford hasn't lost a fumble all year long. Won't be surprised if that changes this week but if you're expecting strip sack after strip sack, I don't think that will happen.

And just a clarification, our passing offense is better than our running game.

SUG wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Deets wrote:
El ramster wrote:
Kaiowas05 wrote:
This will be a decent test for Tanny, perhaps some tighter coverage than he's been used to. D co-ords seem to be chucking the kitchen sink at him and hes stepping up well so hopefully that can continue.


Yes.. This is the best cover corners he'll be facing..
Opposing QB's have a rating of 66.6 vs that secondary.


Better then Revis and Cromartie? Remember, we had a whole half of dealing with Revis before he got hurt.


I see the Rams are a very similar team to the Cardinals, Jets, and Bengals defensively.


Believe it or not, yes. The difference between the Jets and Rams is that the Rams have a great trio with a top 10 CB who can lockdown the slot. I have all types of respect for Davonne Bess but the difference maker in this match-up is that Finnegan is elite in the slot and we have a big CB in Fletcher who is playing at an extremely high level that can match-up with Hartline outside.

I like Tannehill and always have been a fan but I think it's going to be very tough sledding this week. If I was the Dolphins, I'd attack the right side of our defense off tackle with Reggie Bush and then try to play off the play-action every now and then.

For the Rams offensively, I'm not expecting a lot. The Dolphins have a tough defense and we struggle on the road.

I think it'll be a close game, could see it going either way because I don't have a lot of faith in the Rams on the road. This is a very big game for the Rams because they have to find a way to break through to the "W" column away from home. If they can't, it'll tell me that while we're competitive, we're not a playoff contender.

Good luck.


Well I can't recall anybody shutting down Devon Bess the past 3 yrs so I guess that would make you
guys the 1st team to do so.

good luck

sug


I don't think Cortland will completely shut him down, I'd say Bess ends up with like 4 catches for 44 to 50 yards. But don't be surprised if Finny ends up with an int. But Finny has had plenty of practice going up against a great slot WR as he's faced off against Amendola consistently in practice.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WaterBear56


Joined: 26 Jul 2010
Posts: 3134
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Finnegan but so far we have played Jonathan Joseph, Darrell Revis/Antonio Cromartie, Patrick Peterson, and Leon Hall. Hartline is still the top receiver in yards in the NFL and Bess is still a great compliment. Say what you want but both will show up and perform on Sunday. Not including Reggie Bush of course.

As for the final score, you guys will be traveling from the west coast to a heat-filled stadium in Miami. I said it with the Raiders and I'll say it to you. Those two things don't mix well. I feel like we have to advantage right now and with Amendola out, it's a huge loss for you guys especially if Marshall plays. You have no receivers that can win against our corners, no oline that can defend our pass rush, and no running game that can escape our linebackers. It'll be a poor offensive showing for you guys.

It's true that you have a great pass defense with a good balance of pass rush and secondary play but that isn't anything we haven't faced before. We faced the league's top pass rushing defense in the Bengals and the league's top CB tandem in the Jets and we put up 17 and 20 respectively. If we can get 17 on you, I don't think you'll be able to match.

20-10 MIA.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
El ramster


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 41715
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is all sounding too familiar Laughing

Can go either way IMO..
Sig bet Jets?
_________________


BBL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SUG


Joined: 15 May 2007
Posts: 6745
Location: Alameda, Ca
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
As for the game overall, it should be a good one. I think the matchups favor Miami. The best thing we do is run the ball on offense and stop the run on defense. The best thing St Louis does is run the ball on offense and stop the pass on defense. So our strengths play into their weaknesses and their strengths play into our strengths if that makes sense. At least it made sense in my head anyways. lol

The real matchup in this game that I'm surprised no one has talked about yet is Fisher vs. Philbin!! If you recall Fisher was the guy Miami really wanted, and he gave us the stiff arm to head up to St Louis. I'd love to see Philbin get the win here, and more importantly for Tannehill to outshine Bradshaw in the duel of the QB's since that was supposedly the big reason Fisher went to St Louis was the QB situation. Not that I expect that because St Louis' pass defense is better than ours and Tannehill is still a rookie.

Miami should win this game although one potential wild card for me is Brockers. He has been injured if I recall and he is a guy I thought was the best DT in the draft. He eats up double teams like nobodies business and if he is fully healthy he could give our running game more problems than I would like.


Interesting point (as usual) ...

Look I couldn't be any happier with our new HC Philbin but ...
I have an arseload of respect for J. Fischer. The man has a football IQ upwards of B. Bellacheat. "Rainman"

Philbin better bring his A game, he will most certainly be up against one of thee saviest HC he'll ever face.

But I still think our boyz will win this one ! Twisted Evil

sug
_________________
# 52
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group