Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

October 6th ANNOUNCEMENT: Please Read
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
babyatemydingo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I may chime in...

I think from time to time people push the envelope regarding content in TAET knowingly or unknowingly, myself included.
Redirecting individuals seems to be an appropriate response and has seemed to be effective, except in the case of a select few who are no longer here and probably should not ever have been.
I'd like a writ of "boys will be boys" declared on that one.
Not for everything, mind you, but there are going to be times when people need to be gently nudged back in line.

As for getting off topic in other threads, it happens.
I know it shouldn't, but there is a certain amount of inevitability to it.
Conversations have lives of there own sometimes.
As long as it is no more than a couple of blurbs it is not too distracting.
However, I can see how things can get out of hand and a thread gets so far off-track that it becomes useless.
That's what TAET is for. I get it. I'm on board.

The one thing I will say is that the posting for the sake of posting has gotten out of hand.
Who cares how many posts you have?
It is no fun to check a thread after a day and see that 12 pages have been added, but when you look into them there's nothing to read.
In fact, it is annoying and wasteful of others time.
Don't get me wrong, just because I may not be interested in something doesn't mean I'd censor it.
But, the whole look at how busy we've/I've been on here has no value.
Plus, I have a theory: The frequency of posts is inversely proportional to the number of women you actually know.

My thoughts, anyway.
JayAp07

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

babyatemydingo wrote:
If I may chime in...

I think from time to time people push the envelope regarding content in TAET knowingly or unknowingly, myself included.
Redirecting individuals seems to be an appropriate response and has seemed to be effective, except in the case of a select few who are no longer here and probably should not ever have been.
I'd like a writ of "boys will be boys" declared on that one.
Not for everything, mind you, but there are going to be times when people need to be gently nudged back in line.

As for getting off topic in other threads, it happens.
I know it shouldn't, but there is a certain amount of inevitability to it.
Conversations have lives of there own sometimes.
As long as it is no more than a couple of blurbs it is not too distracting.
However, I can see how things can get out of hand and a thread gets so far off-track that it becomes useless.
That's what TAET is for. I get it. I'm on board.

The one thing I will say is that the posting for the sake of posting has gotten out of hand.
Who cares how many posts you have?
It is no fun to check a thread after a day and see that 12 pages have been added, but when you look into them there's nothing to read.
In fact, it is annoying and wasteful of others time.
Don't get me wrong, just because I may not be interested in something doesn't mean I'd censor it.
But, the whole look at how busy we've/I've been on here has no value.
Plus, I have a theory: The frequency of posts is inversely proportional to the number of women you actually know.

My thoughts, anyway.

I agree. I haven't had much time to post/keep up with things on here the past few months. It's even harder when I do log on and try to see whats going on but 75% of it is junk. That's partially why I haven't been posting too much.

2013 Philadelphia Eagles NFC East Champs
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could post more picture with my shirt off? Confused

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do people feel things have gotten better?

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
marky_b27

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Do people feel things have gotten better?

I think so, more concentration on content rather than aimless posting

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honest question, were there actually that many people posting like this, including those who normally don't post like that? Or was it just a select few that caused you to just give out this general announcement?

~Bird Watch 2014 | Mark "The Sanchize" Sanchez~
202 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs, 89.6 Passer Rating
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
Honest question, were there actually that many people posting like this, including those who normally don't post like that? Or was it just a select few that caused you to just give out this general announcement?

Yes, I was personally guilty for some needless banter.

And this announcement was made in response to various members sending in concerns about the quality of the forum as a whole.

edited for spelling

RainbowCarebear wrote:
RBrown86

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm back, no worries guys

^Thanks to McNabbNo5 for the sig, Phire for the avy
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss wrote:

And this announcement was made in response to various members sending in concerns about the quality of the forum as a whole.

edited for spelling

Yeah, while I personally didn't care too much about the off topic posting, as at times it is pretty funny, I certainly see why people would be annoyed. Especially when we have a thread dedicated to basically talking about anything (within forum rules obviously, which we definitely have constantly broken lately and I wouldn't want to see TAET closed).

It's really not a bid deal, but you think you could link me to a prime example of bad off topic posting? I just want to see what exactly it was. Are we considering funny/sarcastic/not contributing to discussion/inside joke comments as off-topic and something we should limit? I definitely notice how care free most of our threads are and how there's rarely tension and not too much seriousness. I actually don't mind that though and that's why I think this forum is great, we'll have a thread with half serious posters discussing football and another half making relevant jokes. I think for the most part there is a pretty good balance, most team forums seem confrontational and too serious for my liking.

~Bird Watch 2014 | Mark "The Sanchize" Sanchez~
202 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs, 89.6 Passer Rating
Phire

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
Phire wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss wrote:

edited for spelling

Yeah, while I personally didn't care too much about the off topic posting, as at times it is pretty funny, I certainly see why people would be annoyed. Especially when we have a thread dedicated to basically talking about anything (within forum rules obviously, which we definitely have constantly broken lately and I wouldn't want to see TAET closed).

It's really not a bid deal, but you think you could link me to a prime example of bad off topic posting? I just want to see what exactly it was. Are we considering funny/sarcastic/not contributing to discussion/inside joke comments as off-topic and something we should limit? I definitely notice how care free most of our threads are and how there's rarely tension and not too much seriousness. I actually don't mind that though and that's why I think this forum is great, we'll have a thread with half serious posters discussing football and another half making relevant jokes. I think for the most part there is a pretty good balance, most team forums seem confrontational and too serious for my liking.

Jokes are OK, many people would enjoy a laugh or two while reading stuff, I'm sure.

The fact is, there are a lot of people who don't post much but read everything because of the quality of football knowledge here.

When they're reading a thread about the offensive line, they don't want to read two pages of back-and-forth .gif posting that has nothing to do with football. Or one word "lol" posts.

Inside jokes, discussing signatures, bringing up banned members, etc. Stuff that should be in TAET has gotten in the way of our GDTs and stuff.

Especially GDTs, those threads seem to balloon pretty fast, and I'm not too sure most of the posts are really worth reading. We have a lot of members, and if one person posts off-topic stuff it leads to 6 others responding to it and it just dilutes the threads that are supposed to be about football.

Sorry, I would find you an example but I can't dig through right now from my phone, my fingers hurt just typing all this out Laughing

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Inside jokes, discussing signatures, bringing up banned members, etc. Stuff that should be in TAET has gotten in the way of our GDTs and stuff.

Is it time for us to rule this land with an iron fist?

I'm game, just as long as mine has a velvet glove wrapped around it.
Phire

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
Phire wrote:

I think the 3 current mods should sacrifice our badges and resurrect Gothman.

Eagles forum =

RainbowCarebear wrote:
eaglesfan10

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
Phire wrote:

I think the 3 current mods should sacrifice our badges and resurrect Gothman.

Eagles forum =

Gothman was ruthless.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: